PDA

View Full Version : Foreign cadets and instructors expelled in scandal....

Moonie
08-12-2022, 11:50 PM
Foreign cadets and instructors expelled in scandal that has rocked Sandhurst

The Sovereign's Parade concluded in traditional manner at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst yesterday, albeit in the Queen's absence.

But I can reveal that the parade-ground pomp and splendour masked a deeply embarrassing chapter in Sandhurst's history.

Only days ago, its Commandant, Major General Duncan Capps, felt obliged to expel no fewer than seven overseas cadets — all of them from the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11107267/EDEN-CONFIDENTIAL-Foreign-cadets-instructors-expelled-scandal-rocked-Sandhurst.html

EDEN CONFIDENTIAL: Foreign cadets and instructors expelled in scandal that has rocked Sandhurst

Moonie
08-12-2022, 11:53 PM
Dammit! It 's called the Sovereign's Parade regardless of whether Her Majesty is in attendance (which she seldom is).

She always sends a member of the Royal Household as an alternate. I had Diana in 1990 and she thankfully didn't ask me anything on parade.

UKSmartypants
08-13-2022, 05:16 AM
Whoever thought arabs would make good officer material in the british army must have been some lefty loon. They are lazy, corrupot, useless and dishonest and most of them not qualified to do more than lead a camel about.

Neo
08-13-2022, 05:35 AM
Whoever thought arabs would make good officer material in the british army must have been some lefty loon. They are lazy, corrupot, useless and dishonest and most of them not qualified to do more than lead a camel about.
They are entirely without the western work ethic. I agree with SmartypantsUk? Without the oil they’d be still in the Bronze Age.

Moonie
08-13-2022, 06:18 AM
Of the arab 'foreign students' at my year at the R.M.A. the Iraqi ones were the only reasonable ones.

They were all booted out in the summer of '90, and we were left with the Middle eastern ones whose English was sticky at best.

Only one African in my Platoon, but they were more likely to see combat than any one else.

UKSmartypants
08-13-2022, 06:48 AM
All part of the futile attempt to drag the Middle east into the modern age. And dont ask BigWheeler what he thinks of Palestinians.

Neo
08-13-2022, 07:07 AM
All part of the futile attempt to drag the Middle east into the modern age. And dont ask BigWheeler what he thinks of Palestinians.

We had an Algerian plumbers mate working for us at a Brighton contract, lazy, cunning, and thoroughly Corrupt individual, I never turned my back on this sand wanderer.

Rutabaga
08-13-2022, 09:31 AM
its cultural...born into lazy, corrupt, violent, expect lazy, corrupt, violent.

Conservative Libertarian
08-13-2022, 10:30 AM

My oldest brother-in-law is a retired Iranian Air Force Colonel.

After knowing him, I can tell you that they wouldn't last more than one day in a conflict because their mothers, wives, and daughters wouldn't be there to wait on them hand and foot and wipe their asses for them.

Conservative Libertarian
08-13-2022, 10:32 AM
its cultural...born into lazy, corrupt, violent, expect lazy, corrupt, violent.

The violence factor takes too much effort. They can't take care of or even feed themselves because, to them, that's women's work.

Conservative Libertarian
08-13-2022, 10:35 AM

Most ME people think quite lowly of Palestinians too.

Rutabaga
08-13-2022, 11:32 AM
The violence factor takes too much effort. They can't take care of or even feed themselves because, to them, that's women's work.

i never understood a guy not knowing how to feed himself...or a girl not knowing how to take out the trash...

:dontknow:

Conservative Libertarian
08-13-2022, 12:00 PM
i never understood a guy not knowing how to feed himself...or a girl not knowing how to take out the trash...

:dontknow:

The ME male and female mindsets are hard to shake.

My BIL didn't even know how to take food from the fridge and heat it up in the microwave oven. He would have refused to do so even if he did because that's a woman's duty to him. Ad the fact that, as a Colonel, he was used to blurting out orders and everyone scrambling to make it happen no matter how stupid his directions were, you could see where, I, as an engineer, wouldn't think highly of him at all.

My wife didn't like being treated like property and/or a child in Iran. But, in some cases, she refused to let me do various things because, in her mind, men are completely incapable of doing them. I was 35 when we married and hadn't lived with mom well over 15 years. I knew how to take care of myself. However, I'm a man and men can't do that.

Rutabaga
08-13-2022, 12:04 PM
The ME male and female mindsets are hard to shake.

My wife didn't like being treated like property and/or a child in Iran. But, in some cases, she refused to let me do various things because, in her mind, men are completely incapable of doing them. I was 35 when we married and hadn't lived with mom well over a decade. I knew how to take care of myself. However, I'm a man and men can't do that.

i have never liked being fussed over...if i ask somebody for help, its because i cant do it myself, not because its "somebody else's job"...i understand different cultures have different "rules" etc. and many enjoy those cultural norms.

choice, its a beautiful thing.

Conservative Libertarian
08-13-2022, 12:34 PM
i have never liked being fussed over...if i ask somebody for help, its because i cant do it myself, not because its "somebody else's job"...i understand different cultures have different "rules" etc. and many enjoy those cultural norms.

choice, its a beautiful thing.

When we sponsored our niece, my previously mentioned BIL's youngest child, she wanted to wait on me hand and foot. My wife said to let her do it for a short while until she gets more accustomed to the situation. To which, I said, "Bale Azizam" (Yes dear in Persian). But she kept doing more and more of it and it was driving me nuts. I finally told her that she is in the US and she isn't required to do that. She said, "But you are my uncle?". I told her that as her uncle, I'm responsible to help her assimilate into our society. I wasn't raised that way and if she were to continue doing so, it would make me angry. I told her that I appreciated it very much but it need not continue and must not continue. It would be working against our goal of her assimilation.

During this process, I helped her with many ups and downs of assimilation. However, she is smart and it does help her that she is very pretty. With a little push, she was destined for success and I knew that she had it in her. The only credit that I take is giving her the occasional pushes in the best direction for her. Once she got over her initial fear of venturing out into our society, it didn't take her long to get over it and I knew that would be the case. People liked her everywhere. She started as a grocery employee in a bakery and, just 9 years later, is now one of their best store GMs. She has been moved to larger and larger stores as GM for both promotion and clean up. She has been a store GM for about 4 years now.

She became the daughter that we never had and we are very proud of her. The day her son was born, she declared me to be grandpa. She told me that I was more of a father to her than her own father. He simply expected her to grow up, get married, and get out of his house.

Leaving her in Iran would have been a real waste of this young woman. She is smart, pretty, and has a huge independent streak in her. That is a dangerous combination for a woman in Iran. She would have been made an example by the Iranian government in the worst of ways.

Rutabaga
08-13-2022, 12:54 PM
When we sponsored our niece, my previously mentioned BIL's youngest child, she wanted to wait on me hand and foot. My wife said to let her do it for a short while until she gets more accustomed to the situation. To which, I said, "Bale Azizam" (Yes dear in Persian). But she kept doing more and more of it and it was driving me nuts. I finally told her that she is in the US and she isn't required to do that. She said, "But you are my uncle?". I told her that as her uncle, I'm responsible to help her assimilate into our society. I wasn't raised that way and if she were to continue doing so, it would make me angry. I told her that I appreciated it very much but it need not continue and must not continue. It would be working against our goal of her assimilation.

During this process, I helped her with many ups and downs of assimilation. However, she is smart and it does help her that she is very pretty. With a little push, she was destined for success and I knew that she had it in her. The only credit that I take is giving her the occasional pushes in the best direction for her. Once she got over her initial fear of venturing out into our society, it didn't take her long to get over it and I knew that would be the case. People liked her everywhere. She started as a grocery employee in a bakery and, just 9 years later, is now one of their best store GMs. She has been moved to larger and larger stores as GM for both promotion and clean up. She has been a store GM for about 4 years now.

She became the daughter that we never had and we are very proud of her. The day her son was born, she declared me to be grandpa. She told me that I was more of a father to her than her own father. He simply expected her to grow up, get married, and get out of his house.

Leaving her in Iran would have been a real waste of this young woman. She is smart, pretty, and has a huge independent streak in her. That is a dangerous combination for a woman in Iran. She would have been made an example by the Iranian government in the worst of ways.

you should be proud of her, and yourself for helping her understand that as a woman, she has value far beyond her sex.

well done.

Big Wheeler
08-13-2022, 02:55 PM
[QUOTE=Rutabaga;3129760]you should be proud of her, and yourself for helping her understand that as a woman, she has value far beyond her sex.

I can imagine all the young women and girls in the middle East and Africa would value a similar opportunity.

Moonie
08-13-2022, 04:37 PM
Just for practicle reasons it is worth mentioning that I grew up in the Middle east.

Junior/prep school at a European school there, before thankfully going to boarding school in England.

It was interesting (though not always very pleasant) to know the future enemy.

Neo
08-13-2022, 04:43 PM
[QUOTE=Rutabaga;3129760]you should be proud of her, and yourself for helping her understand that as a woman, she has value far beyond her sex.

I can imagine all the young women and girls in the middle East and Africa would value a similar opportunity.
https://i.postimg.cc/T3JqxX1f/7-AE3-C202-6556-4172-9-EDA-D9-F494-EA5-E4-E.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Wildrose
08-14-2022, 03:06 AM
Foreign cadets and instructors expelled in scandal that has rocked Sandhurst

The Sovereign's Parade concluded in traditional manner at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst yesterday, albeit in the Queen's absence.

But I can reveal that the parade-ground pomp and splendour masked a deeply embarrassing chapter in Sandhurst's history.

Only days ago, its Commandant, Major General Duncan Capps, felt obliged to expel no fewer than seven overseas cadets — all of them from the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11107267/EDEN-CONFIDENTIAL-Foreign-cadets-instructors-expelled-scandal-rocked-Sandhurst.html

EDEN CONFIDENTIAL: Foreign cadets and instructors expelled in scandal that has rocked Sandhurst

We've had to do the same here in the US with foreign trainees on several occasions. I wouldn't want to be among these folks when they get home.

donttread
08-14-2022, 08:25 PM
I recommend two books

"Green Fraud"
"The Politically Incorrect Guide to Climate Change"

Both available on Audible and both written by Mark Morono