PDA

View Full Version : Banks begin unfreezing accounts of Freedom Convoy supporters: finance official

El Guapo
02-23-2022, 12:18 AM
Published Tuesday, February 22, 2022 5:29PM EST

Financial institutions have begun unfreezing the accounts of individuals who supported the Freedom Convoy’s efforts, according to Isabelle Jacques, an assistant deputy minister at the Department of Finance.

Jacques told the House finance committee on Tuesday that banks started to lift the suspensions “as of yesterday” and have stopped the process going forward.

Through the invoking of the Emergencies Act, the federal government gave financial institutions the power to freeze or suspend an account of an individual or business affiliated with the blockades without a court order.

Concerns have mounted in recent days that the financial measures outlined in the Act are an overreach of government powers and potentially infringe on Charter rights.

Trucker convoy: Banks unfreezing supporters' accounts | CTV News (https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/banks-begin-unfreezing-accounts-of-freedom-convoy-supporters-finance-official-1.5791589)

Concerns have mounted in recent days that the financial measures outlined in the Act are an overreach of government powers and potentially infringe on Charter rights.
IOW polling info got back to the fuckwits...and it's bad.

Karl
02-23-2022, 12:21 AM
Trucker convoy: Banks unfreezing supporters' accounts | CTV News (https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/banks-begin-unfreezing-accounts-of-freedom-convoy-supporters-finance-official-1.5791589)

IOW polling info got back to the fuckwits...and it's bad.

It's about FREAKING Time..

Didn't do Truedeu and Ottawa abuncha favors hammering truck windows and M-16 in their Faces

Karl
02-23-2022, 12:26 AM
It's about FREAKING Time..

Didn't do Truedeu and Ottawa abuncha favors hammering truck windows and M-16 in their Faces

Let me put this "Another" Way..

Shutting Down the "Ambassador" Bridge from Detroit and Windsor..

Screws up "Auto Industry"..

USA the CIA went to "ONTARIO"..

WHAT "help" ya Need.

Karl
02-23-2022, 12:27 AM

WHAT "help" ya Need.

Wish they "Cared" about Southern Border "Like THAT" all DOPE and "Illegals"

nonsqtr
02-23-2022, 12:28 AM

WHAT "help" ya Need.

We're going to shut down a lot more than their auto industry if they don't stop with the fuckwitry.

Karl
02-23-2022, 12:33 AM
We're going to shut down a lot more than their auto industry if they don't stop with the fuckwitry.

I'm not saying that's Right or "Wrong"..

Just saying shutting Down Ambassador Bridge ya "screwed" with $$$..

Bigger "Powers" than that Control "Military"

El Guapo
02-23-2022, 12:46 AM
The banks are in damage control mode. Somehow they overlooked the fact that if they just seize people's money on a fucking whim, people aren't going to leave their money there. Go figure, eh?

They're trying to avoid a run on the banks. These people(politicians and bankers alike) are so short-sighted it's unbelievable.

nonsqtr
02-23-2022, 12:46 AM
I'm not saying that's Right or "Wrong"..

Just saying shutting Down Ambassador Bridge ya "screwed" with $$$..

Bigger "Powers" than that Control "Military"

Karl, "they" are the ones who made it about dollars.

Before that, it was just a protest.

Why do you think they didn't make it about dollars when BLM was shutting down freeways all over the country? You don't think that stopped the trucks?

I'm not scared. Not intimidated. Now that we know the assholes' weak spot we can go after it.

We have to work on the inertia in our thinking. The world changes faster than we can adjust to it.

El Guapo
02-23-2022, 12:54 AM

Why do you think they didn't make it about dollars when BLM was shutting down freeways all over the country? You don't think that stopped the trucks?

I'm not scared. Not intimidated. Now that we know the assholes' weak spot we can go after it.

We have to work on the inertia in our thinking. The world changes faster than we can adjust to it.

They don't give a fiddler's fuck about 'the dollars'. Tardo and company have been decimating the economy for two years. 'Auto industry jobs' don't interest greentard ideologues in the least. It was just a convenient, seemingly popular reason to bring the hammer down.

nonsqtr
02-23-2022, 12:55 AM
The banks are in damage control mode. Somehow they overlooked the fact that if they just seize people's money on a fucking whim, people aren't going to leave their money there. Go figure, eh?

They're trying to avoid run on the banks. These people(politicians and bankers alike) are so short-sighted it's unbelievable.

That's what I keep saying. They're STUPID !!!

And they keep proving it, over and over again.

These dimtards are way too stupid to run a country. They don't deserve to be "elite".

The truth is, we tolerate these people as long as they give back. When that equation changes, they end up missing body parts, and it usually doesn't take very long either.

Fully one half of these fucktards (the liberal half) screw up everything they touch. Just look what Biden's done in barely a year. And then we have half of the other half that are on the same page, they're only "slightly" more competent because they refuse to pay $700 for a coffee pot.

The States need to get involved. I don't know how it is in Canada, but down here States have a lot of power.

Physics Hunter
02-23-2022, 02:47 AM

They're trying to avoid a run on the banks. These people(politicians and bankers alike) are so short-sighted it's unbelievable.

This post is a 200 proof distillation of the truth.

You're hittin' the ball.

Physics Hunter
02-23-2022, 02:49 AM

Asymmetry is about making it work the other way.

Gotta get inside their cycle.

Physics Hunter
02-23-2022, 02:55 AM
That's what I keep saying. They're STUPID !!!

And they keep proving it, over and over again.

These dimtards are way too stupid to run a country. They don't deserve to be "elite".

The truth is, we tolerate these people as long as they give back. When that equation changes, they end up missing body parts, and it usually doesn't take very long either.

Fully one half of these fucktards (the liberal half) screw up everything they touch. Just look what Biden's done in barely a year. And then we have half of the other half that are on the same page, they're only "slightly" more competent because they refuse to pay $700 for a coffee pot.

The States need to get involved. I don't know how it is in Canada, but down here States have a lot of power.

Most have never worked an honest hour, let alone a blue collar hour. They have never run a company and had to balance the books, make a profit, and keep the help paid, even at the price of their own salary.

They are trying this legal bullshit because they have nothing but gaming the system to keep their positions,

Karl
02-23-2022, 04:15 AM

What do ya think a "USA" Dollar Is..

That's Bread & Butter..

That's the "Life-Blood" all this CRAP..

ANYONE Ever thought put a "Real Challenge" to "Eccles Building" The Fed Reserve..

There would be "WAR"

Dumbass
02-23-2022, 04:47 AM
Unfortunately there is no 12 step program to cure people intoxicated on power. Our only hope rests on a legitimate ballot box. That takes time and I fear that is the the one commodity that is in short supply.

nonsqtr
02-23-2022, 05:11 AM
Unfortunately there is no 12 step program to cure people intoxicated on power. Our only hope rests on a legitimate ballot box. That takes time and I fear that is the the one commodity that is in short supply.

Voting doesn't help us if Dominion controls the vote.

However a little shaving cream works wonders on these things:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fd/TrafficControlBox.JPG/800px-TrafficControlBox.JPG

nonsqtr
02-23-2022, 05:15 AM
Asymmetry is about making it work the other way.

Gotta get inside their cycle.

Easy peasy. If you REALLY want them to panic, shut down NYC. Make it impossible for anyone to get to work

nonsqtr
02-23-2022, 05:27 AM
It would be a piece o cake. I just checked. 2/3 of NYC's intersections are handled by a central controller. The entire network is wireless. The whole thing could be messed up inside of 5 minutes.

dinosaur
02-23-2022, 08:50 AM
It would be a piece o cake. I just checked. 2/3 of NYC's intersections are handled by a central controller. The entire network is wireless. The whole thing could be messed up inside of 5 minutes.

Sorta scary. I suppose every terrorist who is worth their stuff already knows all these weak points and choke points. Modern society could be 5 minutes away from a complete collapse.

Remind me, how long did it take the last big NE grid failure to go dark, from start to total lights out?

6 Power Grid Problems That Should Terrify You - Off The Grid News (https://www.offthegridnews.com/grid-threats/power-grid-problems-terrify-you/)

(quick read with bullet points for a quicker read)

nonsqtr
02-23-2022, 08:57 AM
Sorta scary. I suppose every terrorist who is worth their stuff already knows all these weak points and choke points. Modern society could be 5 minutes away from a complete collapse.

Remind me, how long did it take the last big NE grid failure to go dark, from start to total lights out?

6 Power Grid Problems That Should Terrify You - Off The Grid News (https://www.offthegridnews.com/grid-threats/power-grid-problems-terrify-you/)

The power grid, that's getting serious. Traffic control is a prank compare to the power grid. The power grid is sick people on life support in hospitals, that kind of thing. We need to make trouble for lefties, not little old ladies. :grin:

dinosaur
02-23-2022, 08:58 AM

My popcorn popper is overheating! I might have enough popcorn and soda ready for the panic mode, when the bankers all start jumping from the top floor of those big bank buildings.

UKSmartypants
02-23-2022, 08:59 AM
The emergency powers being deployed by the Canadian prime minister are, it is said, temporary. But the goal clearly is to crush dissent and those who disagree with his regime.

Steve Bell, interim police chief of Ottawa, has given a disturbing insight into the plans: ‘If you were involved in this protest we will actively look to identify you and follow up with financial sanctions and criminal charges, absolutely. This investigation will go on for months to come. It has many, many streams, both from a federal financial level, from a provincial licencing level, from a criminal code level, from a municipal breach of court order, breach of court injunction level. It will be a complicated and time-consuming investigation that will go on for a period of time. You have my commitment that that investigation will continue and we will hold people accountable for taking our streets over.’

This is pure vindictive fascism. It reminds me of Brownshirts going round smashing the shop fronts of jewish owned businesses in 1933

nonsqtr
02-23-2022, 09:05 AM
This is pure vindictive fascism. It reminds me of Brownshirts going round smashing the shop fronts of jewish owned businesses in 1933

Conservatives better learn to fight back or we're going to end up like the Jews. They didn't fight back either. Now they do

dinosaur
02-23-2022, 09:06 AM
The power grid, that's getting serious. Traffic control is a prank compare to the power grid. The power grid is sick people on life support in hospitals, that kind of thing. We need to make trouble for lefties, not little old ladies. :grin:

I am kinda sorta thinking there are a lot of really bad people who don't think like that, and want to be a bit more destructive than "pranks". Those people are beyond even "occupy wall street" protestors. Real terrorists, unlike fake soccer mom terrorists our stupid government is worried about, they don't care about granny on life support. Come to think of it, neither does our government.

UKSmartypants
02-23-2022, 09:06 AM

The Uk is in a similar position, its running at something like 98% capacity all the time. Half the power now comes from useless wind and solar, so there are massive cables across the English Channel and the North Sea, connecting us to France, Denmark and Norway so we can buy electricity off them. Which is insane. We have 300 years worth of coal under out feet, billions of cubic metres of North Sea Gas and oil left, and 30 TRILLION cubic metres of shale gas under Yorkshire they are about to seal the well on. Its insane. Then add onto that they will BAN the sale of petrol and diesel cars in 10 years time, and to replace and charge 30 million electric cars will require QUADRUPLE the generating capacity we have now.

Clearly the idea is to control the use of energy - transport, heating, lighting, cooking. As per Agenda 30.

El Guapo
02-23-2022, 11:40 AM

It reminds me of the communist chinese party social credit score system levying arbitrary punishment for wrongthink.

Foghorn
02-23-2022, 12:00 PM
Anybody remember Sarbanes-Oxley?

Oh yeah, that was the federal government's response to the housing crisis that was created by the federal government. That new law basically told the banks, "We've really got you by the ying yang now".