PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Convoy leader Tamara Lich Arrested

El Guapo
02-17-2022, 11:53 PM
CBC News reporter David Cochrane wrote in a tweet: "Convoy organizer Tamara Lich was arrested Thursday evening by Ottawa police and also remains in police custody. Both she and Chris Barber - who was arrested earlier - are expected to be charged criminally, according to sources."

A clip showing Lich being detained by Ottawa police was also shared on social media by an account which is seemingly associated with the convoy.

"Tamara Lich has been arrested, but we will continue to #holdtheline," the tweet containing the footage read.

Lich, who started the GoFundMe account which raised millions for those participating in the convoy protest and was later halted, said in a tearful clip shared to social media on Wednesday that she was anticipating the arrest. Thanking those who stood alongside her, Lich said she is "ready" and "not afraid."
Chris Barber, another key organizer of the Freedom Convoy protest, was also arrested in Ottawa on Thursday.

Freedom Convoy leader Tamara Lich arrested by Canadian police | Fox News (https://www.foxnews.com/politics/freedom-convoy-leader-tamara-lich-arrested-canadian-police)

Chris Barber "Big Red" is the leader of the Saskatchewan arm of the convoy. A very vocal and popular figure, as is Tamara.

nonsqtr
02-17-2022, 11:57 PM
The lawyers are going to be falling all over themselves asking to defend her for free.

El Guapo
02-18-2022, 12:00 AM
Demoralization move for sure.

I watched this live last night. She was expecting it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvDWnta4u14

JMWinPR
02-18-2022, 12:02 AM
OK so what is the penalty for using a bouncy castle in Autowhat?

El Guapo
02-18-2022, 12:15 AM
OK so what is the penalty for using a bouncy castle in Autowhat?

Forfeiture of your property and bank accounts. Oh yeah - and jail.

El Guapo
02-18-2022, 12:20 AM
Apparently tardo's plan under this martial law decree is to compel (read: FORCE )tow truck drivers (who are ALL presently refusing)to tow them out. Under threat of jail and $100,000 fines evidently.
Penalties more severe by orders of magnitude than the actual protesters face.

Moonie
02-18-2022, 12:52 AM
I doubted I would watch her full video, but I did.

A good lady, and good luck.

I refused to sign an arrest when I was officer-of-the-day (actually we called it orderly officer) in my Regiment for seeing that the trooper couldn't possibly have done what he was accused of. Sometimes authority has to correct its mistakes.

nonsqtr
02-18-2022, 12:55 AM
Apparently tardo's plan under this martial law decree is to compel (read: FORCE )tow truck drivers (who are ALL presently refusing)to tow them out. Under threat of jail and $100,000 fines evidently.
Penalties more severe by orders of magnitude than the actual protesters face.

:geez:

fucking unbelievable

Premiere Xi couldn't have done better himself.

El Guapo
02-18-2022, 01:00 AM
:geez:

fucking unbelievable

Premiere Xi couldn't have done better himself.

Going to interesting to see how that shakes out. How on earth tardo thinks he can force servitude...

nonsqtr
02-18-2022, 01:04 AM
BLM here in the US was blocking freeways, bridges, intercontinental highways, ... shopping malls, restaurants, entire sections of downtown areas... for WEEKS...

How about we find all those fuckers, drain their bank accounts, and throw them in jail?

Big Dummy
02-18-2022, 02:12 AM
Going to interesting to see how that shakes out. How on earth tardo thinks he can force servitude...
Who orders civilians to work against their will? Totalitarians that’s who. Turdo straight up ends the illusion of freedom in Canada. He better be careful from now on. The boot on the necks of millions of people can lead to lead poisoning, swords up your ass or swinging by your neck from a balcony. Maybe the feminine wimpy cowardly twit will take the Hitler way out, since he took the Hitler approach to governing.

Authentic
02-18-2022, 02:57 AM
This is how non-violent revolution works.

You force the powerful into totalitarian acts.

It is how the Arab Spring went down.

The same leftists who call Freedom Convoy people "domestic terrorists" champion the Civil Rights Movement actors.

If it is the right skin color or right cause, the left has your full support.

Otherwise...

Authentic
02-18-2022, 03:01 AM
There was another civil rights movement going on in the 60s - in Northern Ireland.

It didn't get much attention because the oppressed people were white and Catholics.

The group that took up their cause got labeled as terrorists instead of freedom fighters - the IRA.

Physics Hunter
02-18-2022, 03:26 AM
Demoralization move for sure.

I watched this live last night. She was expecting it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvDWnta4u14

Had to cut that at 4 minutes. I ran out of tears.

Freewill
02-18-2022, 08:23 AM
In an attempt at accuracy.

1. I don't see where anyone is getting forced to work. I commented two days ago that the truckers better watch over playing their hand with blocking traffic. In my opinion, they would have been just as effective and garnered even more sympathy from the public if they had just parked their trucks. Who exactly do they think they are blocking? Obviously it is people like that need to get to work and the truckers need on their side.

2 Trudau's actions are exactly what would be expected of a leader who lacks the skills to be a leader. Calling the hard working truckers Nazis was below the belt. For that alone he should be recalled.

3. If you think this is bad, imagine what the lying demented pony soldier will do in a heartbeat. What we are seeing is a template for a dictatorship. Which Biden has already followed.

4. Both sides have pushed the issue to the point of no return. The truckers are not going to concede and Trudau is using it to solidify his power. I am not sure how their government works but it seems to me that the legislature should be the one that reins in Trudau. The world is now following the political science and dropping the draconian mask mandates, it is time for Canada to do the same.

5. I believe the Queen still has some influence in Canada. If so then where is she in the debacle?

6. Sizing bank accounts and bit coin without proper warrants should be considered grand larceny. Banks that freeze the funds without proper legal order to do so should be boycotted. I'll be watching to see if my banks support such BS and if they do then they won't be my bank, they would have proved they can't be trusted.

7. An interesting point is that during the riots BLM was rewarded, or paid extortion, to stop rioting, given money, in this case hard working non-violent people are having money taken, that is robbery.

Freewill
02-18-2022, 08:31 AM
Do we know the charges these two face?

I'll bet the police are proud of themselves that they were able to arrest these two not-threatening people. The brown shirts didn't have to make a show of it, they could have just issued arrest warrants and told them to appear. But they are not black so that won't happen. (truth, not judgement)

Moonie
02-18-2022, 02:35 PM

The group that took up their cause got labeled as terrorists instead of freedom fighters - the IRA.

The IRA were just killers. And died as appropriate.

The British Army was only there to stop the Catholic and Protestants street gangs from killing each other ad hoc.

OneDumbBlonde
02-18-2022, 04:03 PM
Freedom Convoy 2022 released this statement:

February 18, 2022

Statement on the Arrests of Organizers

Three of our organizers have been arrested. In the sequence of their arrest, the police have detained: Chris Barber, Tamara Lich, and Daniel Bulford. This is a grass-roots movement and others will fill their roles. We will continue to hold the line. We refuse to bow to the abuses of power. The world is watching, Canada.

https://twitter.com/rFreedomConvoy/status/1494757798709706760?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Eembeddedtimeline%7Ctwterm%5Eprofile%3ArFreedomCon voy%7Ctwgr%5EeyJ0ZndfZXhwZXJpbWVudHNfY29va2llX2V4c GlyYXRpb24iOnsiYnVja2V0IjoxMjA5NjAwLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjp udWxsfSwidGZ3X2hvcml6b25fdHdlZXRfZW1iZWRfOTU1NSI6e yJidWNrZXQiOiJodGUiLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfSwidGZ3X3N wYWNlX2NhcmQiOnsiYnVja2V0Ijoib2ZmIiwidmVyc2lvbiI6b nVsbH0sInRmd19za2VsZXRvbl9sb2FkaW5nXzEzMzk4Ijp7ImJ 1Y2tldCI6ImNvbnRyb2wiLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjoyfX0%3D&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ffreedomconvoycanada.com%2Fla test-news

El Guapo
02-18-2022, 04:15 PM
Get a load of this tweet from Cdn Gov't Foreign Policy

Foreign Policy CAN on Twitter: (https://twitter.com/CanadaFP/status/1494323983101018119)