PDA

View Full Version : BBC Bullying

UKSmartypants
08-10-2021, 06:44 AM
THis is how the BBC try and frighten and intimidate people

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E8XFGs1XMAACQ8q?format=jpg&name=900x900

This letter is ofc a load of rubbish

This letter or some variant of it is bluff, bluster and bollox. Its nothing more than two thugs stopping you in the street and demanding your watch and wallet.

The BBC have no idea what you watch on your TV, if indeed you watch anything, or even HAVE a TV.
They have no legal powers to enter your property,. and you have no obligation to let them in.
You are not obliged to communicatewit them, or provide them any information, not even your name.

All they have is a copy of the Electoral Roll, and a list of houses that dont have licences.

But a pensioner getting such an intimidating letter would frighten the wits out of them, its disgraceful. This letter was received by someone who moved into a new apartment two weeks previous and has no TV.

TheOneOnly2
08-10-2021, 07:05 AM
I actually thought it was a joke the first time I heard that English people have to pay for a tv license. Its weird.

Captain Kirk!
08-10-2021, 07:44 AM
Too bad they gave up all their guns.

TheOneOnly2
08-10-2021, 08:00 AM

Exactly.. Ha.

Oceander
08-10-2021, 08:15 AM
$200 a year just for the "privilege" of watching TV? That's a bit much.

UKSmartypants
08-10-2021, 08:32 AM
About 2/3rds of European countries charge you to watch TV, I believe Germany is the most expensive at about $350 a year. No licence here in Spain.

A 'licence' is just a tax on something you would otherwise be able to do for free, eg fishing, driving, shooting.....

TheOneOnly2
08-10-2021, 08:38 AM
About 2/3rds of European countries charge you to watch TV, I believe Germany is the most expensive at about $350 a year. No licence here in Spain.

A 'licence' is just a tax on something you would otherwise be able to do for free, eg fishing, driving, shooting.....

I did not know that. I dont pay a lot of attention to Europeans.

JMWinPR
08-10-2021, 08:50 AM
I actually thought it was a joke the first time I heard that English people have to pay for a tv license. Its weird.
Also licenses for their radios. This dates back to WWll. Heterodyne radio receivers emit RF radiation. In order to assist differentiating between a person listening to BBC or whatever, and a spy transmitting a homing beacon for VI and VII rockets, they needed a way to track people and then get them to turn off their radios. If they didn't, then they knew they were tracking a bad guy. Today, of course, it is just another revenue enhancer like our proposed mileage tax

TheOneOnly2
08-10-2021, 08:56 AM
Also licenses for their radios. This dates back to WWll. Heterodyne radio receivers emit RF radiation. In order to assist differentiating between a person listening to BBC or whatever, and a spy transmitting a homing beacon for VI and VII rockets, they needed a way to track people and then get them to turn off their radios. If they didn't, then they knew they were tracking a bad guy. Today, of course, it is just another revenue enhancer like our proposed mileage tax

Hmm.

Rutabaga
08-10-2021, 10:15 AM
i get my propaganda the old fashioned way...straight from the towers via rabbit ears...

UKSmartypants
08-10-2021, 10:18 AM
i get my propaganda the old fashioned way...straight from the towers via rabbit ears...

Semaphore Towers?

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-LhA7xJY6wRc/U1SgS-FCGwI/AAAAAAAADIs/F9nh8kiVKCw/s1600/P1150312.jpg

Swedgin
08-10-2021, 10:21 AM
Does the BBC play reruns of Monty Python's Flying Circus?

If not, I don't see what they are good for.

That said, I do watch BBC News. It really is better than the 24/7 Domestic Politics news that is American "journalism..."

(And, I have the complete box set to Monty Python, so....)

UKSmartypants
08-10-2021, 10:28 AM
Does the BBC play reruns of Monty Python's Flying Circus?

If not, I don't see what they are good for.

That said, I do watch BBC News. It really is better than the 24/7 Domestic Politics news that is American "journalism..."

(And, I have the complete box set to Monty Python, so....)

oh no chance, anything before 2000 is far too politically incorrect. They show it on a pay channel called Britbox, aimed at the USA, which his blocked in UK. They dont want us watching politically incorrect stuff like that...

Dubler9
08-10-2021, 10:48 AM
The Tv Licence "goons" as they are called, have the same powers as a Piza delivery guy. But if they confirm your name and see that you are watching live TV - looking through the window - you open your door - worse still, you let them in your home, you can feel the full force of an investigation as per the letter.
I have not paid the licence fee for 25 years. It is unlawful to finance crime.

Dubler9
08-11-2021, 12:41 AM
The TV licence goons were the worst people in UK for years. They literally hounded people down and used aggressive, forceful methods (not assault) but some entered homes and were like the gestapo, literally.
They actually read you the Police Caution - (Miranda Rights)!!!
Most cases in UK courts were for TV licence non payment - to be correct ... NON payment of the FINE issued for not getting the licence. It truly was a notorious evil, practice of hunting people down and intimidating them.
Elderly were frightened to death and the BBC did not give a damn.
People aged in their mid 90's have been imprisoned for the TV licence non payment.
The BBC has lost multi millions of payments mostly because of its bullying - Jimmy Saville - and Radio TV presenters earning 3 times more than the Prime Minister - all paid by the licence fee.
The sooner the BBC is bankrupt the better. The statuette on the BBC building is of a man who raped his own children and had sex with his dog. This is fact 100%. They knew this when the put him there in statuette form - he is holding a naked child. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SWAMP clearing anyone?????

FirstGenCanadian
08-11-2021, 01:39 AM
I watch, BritBox. It's got all sorts of shows I used to watch. Are you being served?, Grace and Favor, Dr. Who, Red Dwarf, Fawlty Towers...

Authentic
08-11-2021, 02:04 AM
Red Dwarf.

The last man, a hologram, a robot, and a highly evolved black Cat!

Oh, and a Computer with a querulous female British accent.

Authentic
08-11-2021, 02:07 AM

A Dun is to blane.

Authentic
08-11-2021, 02:11 AM
The TV licence goons were the worst people in UK for years. They literally hounded people down and used aggressive, forceful methods (not assault) but some entered homes and were like the gestapo, literally.
They actually read you the Police Caution - (Miranda Rights)!!!
Most cases in UK courts were for TV licence non payment - to be correct ... NON payment of the FINE issued for not getting the licence. It truly was a notorious evil, practice of hunting people down and intimidating them.
Elderly were frightened to death and the BBC did not give a damn.
People aged in their mid 90's have been imprisoned for the TV licence non payment.
The BBC has lost multi millions of payments mostly because of its bullying - Jimmy Saville - and Radio TV presenters earning 3 times more than the Prime Minister - all paid by the licence fee.
The sooner the BBC is bankrupt the better. The statuette on the BBC building is of a man who raped his own children and had sex with his dog. This is fact 100%. They knew this when the put him there in statuette form - he is holding a naked child. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SWAMP clearing anyone?????
Jimmy Saville, he shagged all your sheep!

Leeds Fans : Jimmy Savile He Shagged All Your Sheep!! - YouTube (https://youtu.be/MY2ro7UUSjM)

memesofine
08-11-2021, 04:00 AM
who wants to pay for state run TV and their nothing but propaganda so called: news. so much for FREEDOM OF CHOICE eh?

UKSmartypants
08-11-2021, 06:35 AM
who wants to pay for state run TV and their nothing but propaganda so called: news. so much for FREEDOM OF CHOICE eh?

The BBC isnt state run, its a public company with no shareholders, with a Charter from Parliament that allows it to charge you to own any piece of equipment that can receive live TV broadcasts, which is how its funded. it does not carry advertisements because of this.

On the other hand, Channel Four Television Corporation was set up by an Act of Parliament. It is a publicly owned not-for-profit corporation and does not have any shareholders. Who runs Channel 4? The Board is appointed by the television regulator – Ofcom – in agreement with the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport. it funds itself through advertisements.

All other terrestial tv channels are privately owned and advert funded.

Channel4 and the BBC have both been taken over by the woke Marxists and broadcast relentless anti Uk anti white anti tory anti capitalist woke propaganda.

Hence there is a growing public demand to defund the BBC and make it show ads or switch to a subscription model, and for CH 4 to be privatised.

Oceander
08-11-2021, 06:49 AM
The BBC isnt state run, its a public company with no shareholders, with a Charter from Parliament that allows it to charge you to own any piece of equipment that can receive live TV broadcasts, which is how its funded. it does not carry advertisements because of this.

On the other hand, Channel Four Television Corporation was set up by an Act of Parliament. It is a publicly owned not-for-profit corporation and does not have any shareholders. Who runs Channel 4? The Board is appointed by the television regulator – Ofcom – in agreement with the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport. it funds itself through advertisements.

Channel4 and the BBC have both been taken over by the woke Marxists and broadcast relentless anti Uk anti white anti tory anti capitalist woke propaganda.

Hence there is a growing public demand to defund the BBC and make it show ads or switch to a subscription model, and for CH 4 to be privatised.

My understanding is that the board members of the BBC are also appointed by government. As such, it's not really legitimate to say that BBC is any less state-run than is CH4.

UKSmartypants
08-11-2021, 09:12 AM
My understanding is that the board members of the BBC are also appointed by government. As such, it's not really legitimate to say that BBC is any less state-run than is CH4.

good point

The BBC Board is led by a non-executive Chairman, Richard Sharp, and consists of ten non-executive members, including the Chairman, and four executive members including the BBC’s Director-General and Editor-in-Chief, Tim Davie, who chairs the Executive Committee. Four of the non-executive members are specifically appointed as members for each of the nations of the UK. The member for Northern Ireland is still to be appointed, pending a new Northern Ireland Executive. The Chairman and the non-executive members for the nations are appointed by HM The Queen on the recommendation of Ministers while the other members of the Board are appointed by the BBC through the Board’s Nominations Committee.

Channel 4 is governed by a unitary Board made up of Executive and Non-Executive Directors, who are responsible for ensuring that Channel 4 fulfils its remit and delivers its financial responsibilities.Non-Executive Directors are appointed by Ofcom in agreement with the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport. The Chief Executive is appointed by the Board and other Executive Members are appointed after nomination by the Chief Executive and Chair jointly

The Government has no input regarding the programme output of CH4 or BBC. Thats the problem. They are able to broadcast outrageous anti British woke propaganda unmolested.

Oceander
08-11-2021, 09:24 AM
The BBC Board is led by a non-executive Chairman, Richard Sharp, and consists of ten non-executive members, including the Chairman, and four executive members including the BBC’s Director-General and Editor-in-Chief, Tim Davie, who chairs the Executive Committee.

Four of the non-executive members are specifically appointed as members for each of the nations of the UK. The member for Northern Ireland is still to be appointed, pending a new Northern Ireland Executive.

The Chairman and the non-executive members for the nations are appointed by HM The Queen on the recommendation of Ministers while the other members of the Board are appointed by the BBC through the Board’s Nominations Committee.

The Government has no input regarding the programme output of CH4. Thats the problem. They are able to broadcast outrageous anti British woke propaganda unmolested.

Viz. CH4: is that because the gov't is categorically, and in principle, prohibited from influencing the programming, or simply because it hasn't exercised its authority to appoint board members who would oppose the woke idiocy?

UKSmartypants
08-11-2021, 09:32 AM
Viz. CH4: is that because the gov't is categorically, and in principle, prohibited from influencing the programming, or simply because it hasn't exercised its authority to appoint board members who would oppose the woke idiocy?

The BBC and CH4 are state owned, but not state run. And the issue is governments past have continued to appoint woke marxists to the boards.

Oceander
08-11-2021, 09:35 AM
The BBC and CH4 are state owned, but not state run. And the issue is governments past have continued to appoint woke marxists to the boards.

Perhaps this is just quibbling, but if the state has the power to appoint the board of a company, then the state has the power to command how the company is run, and that, to my way of thinking, makes the company effectively state run, even if the state has chosen, for whatever reasons, to not impose conditions regarding operations on the individuals it picks to be the board members.

So, in that sense, I would say that both the BBC and CH4 are state run - precisely because the state has the power and the right to put on the board individuals who would do its bidding and ensure that the day-to-day running went in accordance with the state's wishes.

UKSmartypants
08-11-2021, 10:48 AM
Perhaps this is just quibbling, but if the state has the power to appoint the board of a company, then the state has the power to command how the company is run, and that, to my way of thinking, makes the company effectively state run, even if the state has chosen, for whatever reasons, to not impose conditions regarding operations on the individuals it picks to be the board members.

So, in that sense, I would say that both the BBC and CH4 are state run - precisely because the state has the power and the right to put on the board individuals who would do its bidding and ensure that the day-to-day running went in accordance with the state's wishes.

But they dont, because they would be accused of political interference in a free press, ironically......

El Guapo
08-11-2021, 11:44 AM
We have a similar media organ in Canada: the CBC. An absolute cesspool of laughable/nausea inducing propagandist garbage 24/7/365.
To excuse the obvious far left hegemony of any and all such media outlets wherever they may be on the notion that they were conceived as neutral and are by virtue of their mission statement such, is tantamount to those moronic 'slutwalks' that were happening a while back.
Where dumbass women paraded around half naked because 'they should be able to go about life without being objectified'. Which in legal terms is correct- but quite different actual practice.

El Guapo
08-11-2021, 11:49 AM
Canadian MSM fun fact my international friends may not be aware of:

Just last year Turdo used the occasion of covid to institute 'bail-outs' of major media outlets in Canada. Yearly subsidies.
Any reasonably intelligent person can understand what that means.

Neo
08-11-2021, 04:45 PM
Red Dwarf.

Actually the funniest actor who played the Computer was; Norman Lovett

Norman Lovett (born 31 October 1946) is a British stand-up comedian and actor best known for his portrayal of Holly, the ship's computer in Red Dwarf

Neo
08-11-2021, 04:50 PM
Found a video of Red Dwarf with Norman Lovett

https://youtu.be/MKhYaoeZDJU

Neo
08-11-2021, 04:52 PM

I pay by direct debit every month. BBC4 :thumbsup20:

UKSmartypants
08-11-2021, 05:02 PM
Red Dwarf.

She was Hattie Heyridge, an otherwise unknown stand up comic.. She was picked as replacement for Norman Lovett because she actually does look like a female version of him. The accent is a Sussex acccent

Neo
08-11-2021, 05:03 PM
She was Hattie Heyridge, an otherwise unknown stand up comic.. She was picked as replacement for Norman Lovett because she actually does look like a female version of him.

Lovely dry wit from both of them.

Neo
08-11-2021, 05:07 PM
I actually hated the fake scouse accent of Craig Charles in Red Dwarf, he sometimes stands in for “Steve Wright in the afternoon show” there is no Scouse you can noticably detect.

UKSmartypants
08-11-2021, 05:21 PM
I actually hated the fake scouse accent of Craig Charles in Red Dwarf, he sometimes stands in for “Steve Wright in the afternoon show” there is no Scouse you can noticably detect.
Thats because early on in his career he was in a scouse based TV soap called Brookside

My favorite episode is "Back to reality", the one where the encounter the Despair Squid, and for a while it looks like they have been playing a Virtual Reality Computer game, badly, for three years

RD Vlogs: Back to Reality - YouTube (https://youtu.be/6p-1USevLzE?t=138)