PDA

View Full Version : Tories continue to make electoral gains

UKSmartypants
07-23-2021, 05:00 PM
Last night the Tories gained a council ward in Claudia Webbe’s Leicester East constituency, the gain in Humberstone & Hamilton by Daniel Crewe was in a majority ethnic ward. Leicester East is one of the top Hindu denominated wards in the country (21%). The Tories won 44.7% of the vote, an 18.4 point swing to them, Labour’s vote dropped -15.6 points to 33.2% and this was despite the Green Party vote collapsing -7.1 points to 8%. Giving the Tories their first councillor on Leicester Council for years.

Ginger
07-23-2021, 05:07 PM
:applause::applause:

Neo
07-23-2021, 06:02 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/XNpzR2CD/DF20-D13-C-CFE1-4987-ABB3-75-C52071-E38-F.gif (https://postimages.org/)

Physics Hunter
07-23-2021, 11:50 PM
You guys are closer to the (Muslim) front lines. Interesting to watch the revolution of the UK, or should I more correctly say Britain?

Neo
07-24-2021, 01:15 AM
You guys are closer to the (Muslim) front lines. Interesting to watch the revolution of the UK, or should I more correctly say Britain?
We are still a United Kingdom, even tho Sturgeon is whipping the Scots up for independence and leaving it, I doubt when they get another vote they will vote leave, the average Scot isn’t stupid, financially Scotland would be doomed without the English revenue.

As I’m an Englishman I’m quite happy to be called British.

Physics Hunter
07-24-2021, 01:37 AM
We are still a United Kingdom, even tho Sturgeon is whipping the Scots up for independence and leaving it, I doubt when they get another vote they will vote leave, the average Scot isn’t stupid, financially Scotland would be doomed without the English revenue.

Yeah, without the Brits, the UK would still be kneeling to the EU.

Neo
07-24-2021, 02:09 AM
Yeah, without the Brits, the UK would still be kneeling to the EU.

My parents voted to join the “Common market” as the EU was known back then in the 60-70s as a young kid I understood we’d one day be in it as decimalisation was being taught me at school.
All I remember back then was media articles stating agricultural produce would be cheaper.
The EU expanded to incorporate poorer countries, its goal is to be a super state, without the U.K. it cannot dominate all of Europe….. Britain still has teeth.

Physics Hunter
07-24-2021, 02:21 AM
My parents voted to join the “Common market” as the EU was known back then in the 60-70s as a young kid I understood we’d one day be in it as decimalisation was being taught me at school.
All I remember back then was media articles stating agricultural produce would be cheaper.
The EU expanded to incorporate poorer countries, its goal is to be a super state, without the U.K. it cannot dominate all of Europe….. Britain still has teeth.

And God bless y'all for it. I am about half English, it is our family way.

Neo
07-24-2021, 02:39 AM
And God bless y'all for it. I am about half English, it is our family way.
Hey that is good to know!

What shire are your ancestors from?

Neo
07-24-2021, 02:41 AM
As you know I’m Gloucestershire :)

https://i.postimg.cc/pTvCTyg1/39-FF3-BE3-231-B-438-B-AE86-D8-AD39507-E8-D.png (https://postimg.cc/94xZgXXG)

Physics Hunter
07-24-2021, 02:47 AM
Hey that is good to know!

What shire are your ancestors from?

Not sure, they left it, got an axe, a mule, a musket, and a wagon and walked out into the great American wilderness and never looked back.

A lot of red heads (gingers) in the family so I suppose that pins us to the Viking influence...

I have never set myself to trace my family tree too far. :cool20:

UKSmartypants
07-24-2021, 02:49 AM

Im not.

Im an Englishman.

The actual British, ie the Brittani, were a Bronze age peoples who were more or less exterminated before the Romans turned up. The British dont exist any more.* and the English are not the Brittani. We are far more than that. We are descended from those Iberic europeans that turned up on this uninhabited land after the ice retreated around 15,000 years ago, and brought with them a unique gene set characterised by Haplogroup R1b.

"British" is now a word used to describe any foreign scum that turns up and manages to get a UK Passport, which they now hand out like sweeties at a kids party. You can even get a UK passport without ever having set eyes or feet on the land. 'British just means you managed to get here and stay. It says nothing of your race, ethnicity, history or heritage.

Im English. My family got to the British Isle (which is the only meaningful context you can use the word) with the Norman Invasion in 1066.

As far as im concerned, if you call yourself 'British', you are lumping yourself with the millions of pakis, asians, blacks and other foriegn scum that live in the Uk and hate every white Englishman.

Have a bit of pride in your peoples, culture and history, and call yourself an Englishman. Because its only we English that are the indigenous peoples of this land, England. Those not born here not of English ancestry and ethnicity that call themselves 'British' are just usurpers and invaders.

Its worse than 'Yank' or 'Reb'.

*similarly, neither do the 'Scottish'. The Romans misnamed then because of poor navigation. They thought they had landed in Southern ireland, and the people who lived in the far north of the laND were the Celtic Tribe that lived in Northern ireland, called the Scoti.

Physics Hunter
07-24-2021, 02:53 AM
Im not.

Im an Englishman.

The actual British, ie the Brittani, were a Bronze age peoples who were more or less exterminated before the Romans turned up. The British dont exist any more.*

Its now a word used to describe any foreign scum that turns up and manages to get a UK Passport, which they now hand out like sweeties at a kids party. You can even get a UK passport without ever having set eyes or feet on the land. 'British just means you managed to get here and stay. It says nothing of your race or heritage.

Im English. My family got to the British Isle (which is the only meaningful context you can use the word) with the Norman Invasion in 1066.

As far as im concerned, if you call yourself 'British', you are lumping yourself with the millions of pakis, asians, blacks and other foriegn scum that live in the Uk and hate every white Englishman.

Have a bit of pride in your peoples, culture and history, and call yourself an Englishman. Because its only we English that are the indigenous peoples of this land, England. Those non whites that call themselves 'British' are just usurpers and invaders.

*similarly, neither do the 'Scottish'. The Romans misnamed then because of poor navigation. They thought they had landed in Southern ireland, and the people who lived in the far north of the laND were the Celtic Tribe that lived in Northern ireland, called the Scoti.

Your brothers on this side of the pond bailed your asses out twice. I think we are almost even.

Neo
07-24-2021, 02:54 AM
Im not.

Im an Englishman.

The actual British, ie the Brittani, were a Bronze age peoples who were more or less exterminated before the Romans turned up. The British dont exist any more.*

Its now a word used to describe any foreign scum that turns up and manages to get a UK Passport, which they now hand out like sweeties at a kids party. You can even get a UK passport without ever having set eyes or feet on the land. 'British just means you managed to get here and stay. It says nothing of your race or heritage.

Have a bit of pride in your peoples, culture and history, and call yourself an Englishman. Because its only we English that are the indigenous peoples of this land, England. Those non whites that call themselves 'British' are just usurpers and invaders.

Americans call us English “Brits” they really don’t understand our cultural differences or history, it’s easier for them to call me a Brit rather than for me to push my superior English heredity on them.

Physics Hunter
07-24-2021, 03:00 AM
Americans call us English “Brits” they really don’t understand our cultural differences or history, it’s easier for them to call me a Brit rather than for me to push my superior English heredity on them.

You assume a lot, that is why we left you.

Dubler9
07-24-2021, 03:10 AM
Last night the Tories gained a council ward in Claudia Webbe’s Leicester East constituency, the gain in Humberstone & Hamilton by Daniel Crewe was in a majority ethnic ward. Leicester East is one of the top Hindu denominated wards in the country (21%). The Tories won 44.7% of the vote, an 18.4 point swing to them, Labour’s vote dropped -15.6 points to 33.2% and this was despite the Green Party vote collapsing -7.1 points to 8%. Giving the Tories their first councillor on Leicester Council for years.
Councillors are small fry. A grain of sand.

UKSmartypants
07-24-2021, 03:18 AM
Councillors are small fry. A grain of sand.

They are a useful litmus test for whats going to happen at the next election, because they affect local issues, which tends to stir up the voters more than national issues. People will vote out councils because of what they do locally, and its tends to echo what the same party is doing nationally.

dont write off councils, they are important indicators, politically.

UKSmartypants
07-24-2021, 03:25 AM
Your brothers on this side of the pond bailed your asses out twice. I think we are almost even.

It was in your interest to, dont you kid yourself. Had the Uk fallen, you could expect V4 ICBM's from the Third Reich on New York within a year, they were already on the drawing board, and Germany woudl have given the tech to Japan, and more V4's would have splattered your western seaboard. We saved you from having your cities totalled from the air from half a planet away, by having the match played in europe.. Plus, by the end of WW2 the USA owned most of the surface silver and a quarter of the gold on the planet, since you would only take gold and silver as payment for war goods. WW2 was very good for US Business.

It took the USA until the early 2000's to feed all that silver back into the market without crashing it, thats how much you had, and it kept the price of silver artificially low for 60 years.

Neo
07-24-2021, 03:26 AM
You assume a lot, that is why we left you.
The French have a lot to answer for! :angry20:

Neo
07-24-2021, 03:32 AM
It was in your interest to, dont you kid yourself. Had the Uk fallen, you could expect V4 ICBM's from the Third Reich on New York within a year, they were already on the drawing board, and Germany woudl have given the tech to Japan, and more V4's would have splattered your western seaboard. We saved you from having your cities totalled from the air from half a planet away, by having the match played in europe.. Plus, by the end of WW2 the USA owned most of the surface silver and a quarter of the gold on the planet, since you would only take gold and silver as payment for war goods. WW2 was very good for US Business.

It took the USA until the early 2000's to feed all that silver back into the market without crashing it, thats how much you had, and it kept the price of silver artificially low for 60 years.

America sent a destroyer to South Africa to get the last of the U.K.s gold reserve bullion as payment for the Lend lease agreement, we were the only ally to continue paying fir the war effort America gave us.

Thd more research I read about the lend lease agreement the more you see how the American government wanted the British Empire finished.

If the 2 world wars wouldn’t have happened the English would be the masters of Europe make no mistake.

Moonie
07-24-2021, 03:50 AM

Personally I am English with an Irish grandmother. And unlike other vaguely Bogtrotting nationalities (noteably ethnologically ignorant Americans) I hide that embarrassment by telling people that the Irish peasantry burned down my ancestral home in 1916 and have achieved nothing outside of Victorian era literature.

UKSmartypants
07-24-2021, 04:00 AM
Personally I am English with an Irish grandmother. And unlike other vaguely Bogtrotting nationalities (noteably ethnologically ignorant Americans) I hide that embarrassment by telling people that the Irish peasantry burned down my ancestral home in 1916 and have achieved nothing outside of Victorian era literature.

Stealing antiques and badly tarmaccing drives is also a speciality of the Irish

Physics Hunter
07-24-2021, 11:03 PM
The French have a lot to answer for! :angry20:

Yeah, been that way for about a thousand years, long wait in that line...

Physics Hunter
07-24-2021, 11:07 PM

So what you are saying is we are good at warfare, know enough to keep it off our front yard, know how to get paid for it, and know how to prosper in a capitalist world.

Thanks! :hammer:

UKSmartypants
07-25-2021, 02:42 AM
So what you are saying is we are good at warfare, know enough to keep it off our front yard, know how to get paid for it, and know how to prosper in a capitalist world.

Thanks! :hammer:

What im saying is that you knew they were coming to get you, and it was in your interests to help finish the Nazis off on home soil, whilst having one eye on the cash register. This was self-interest, not benevolent largesse....

The need for us to Brexit can also be laid at the door of the USA. It was the CIA that persuaded Churchill to want to join a unified Europe, because by then the Cold War had started by then, and the USA saw a unified Europe as a buffer between them and the Warsaw pact countries. Hence UK politicians were talked into joining the EEC by Americans who didnt want a war with the USSR. This is precisely the same tactic they used with China, creating North Korea, which went badly wrong and produced Fat Boy Kim, the Village looney. And then again, thinking that by getting rid of Saddam, and replacing him with a bunch of moslems fanatics, ISIS, that would improve the situation, which also went wrong....

And we havent even gone into Iran Contras, Cuba......

every time US sticks its nose into foreign affairs, it goes bad. Thats the real lesson to be learned.

Physics Hunter
07-25-2021, 02:45 AM
What im saying is that you knew they were coming to get you, and it was in your interests to help finish the Nazis off on home soil, whilst having one eye on the cash register. This was self-interest, not benevolent largesse....

The need for us to Brexit can also be laid at the door of the USA. It was the CIA that persuaded Churchill to want to join a unified Europe, because by then the Cold War had started by then, and the USA saw a unified Europe as a buffer between them and the Warsaw pact countries. Hence UK politicians were talked into joining the EEC by Americans who didnt want a war with the USSR. This is precisely the same tactic they used with China, creating North Korea, which went badly wrong and produced Fat Boy Kim, the Village looney. And then again, thinking that by getting rid of Saddam, and replacing him with a bunch of moslems fanatics, ISIS, that would improve the situation, which also went wrong....

every time US sticks its nose into foreign affairs, it goes bad. Thats the real lesson to be learned.

No big boy pants there? BooHoo!

Neo
07-25-2021, 07:23 AM

President Trump had the right idea of withdrawing American forces from Middle East territories, there are un winnable quagmires.

UKSmartypants
07-25-2021, 11:23 AM
President Trump had the right idea of withdrawing American forces from Middle East territories, there are un winnable quagmires.

Of course they are. No matter what westerners do in the Middle East quagmire, whatever happens as a result we get the blame for the next 100 years.

The quagmire of Iraq is a consequence of the mash up that came out of the Cairo Conference of 1925. Even back then, you couldn't get all the arab tribes to agree for longer than a month on anything, just running the city of Cairo. Thus they lumped together three arab tribes that hated each other (The Shiites, the Sunnis and the Kurds) and gave them a lump of the old Persian empire and called it Iraq. It was never gonna work. And it never did.