PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool stripped of World Heritage Site Status

UKSmartypants
07-21-2021, 12:33 PM
It was a joke giving it to Liverpool in the first place. Most scoucers think culture is listening to a brass bank whilst necking Real Ale.

Neo
07-21-2021, 12:36 PM
It was a joke giving it to Liverpool in the first place. Most scoucers think culture is listening to a brass bank whilst necking Real Ale.

I’ve driven through Liverpool twice, on both occasions I commented to myself “it’s a shit hole”

Big Dummy

To me there will always be that flagpole with a bomb on it that killed the SAS.

UKSmartypants
Scousers argueing over tea - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si60-uxolNE)

Big Wheeler
07-21-2021, 12:39 PM
Liverpool.City of Culture. hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha,etc.
Best thing about liverpool? M62 eastbound.

Gator Monroe
07-21-2021, 12:41 PM
Barnabas Collins won't mind

Neo
07-21-2021, 12:42 PM
Scousers argueing over tea - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si60-uxolNE)

Once you have watched that video you can never unsee it, I hate scousers, in fact I detest them, I had a brand new Makita cordless drill nicked by a scouse scum bag, I couldn’t prove it but he had a fucking grin on his face whenever the said drill was mentioned. :(

donttread
07-21-2021, 12:56 PM
OK so for purposes of this topic let's pretend that I lack the culture to know what this is all about and need to have it broken down for me?

Gator Monroe
07-21-2021, 12:58 PM
Madchester without the past club gravitas

UKSmartypants
07-21-2021, 01:09 PM
OK so for purposes of this topic let's pretend that I lack the culture to know what this is all about and need to have it broken down for me?

Liverpool is a shit hole, its a large port city, and so it full of slums , blacks and drunken yobbos. Liverpool football fans are drunken thugs. Liverpool produced the Beatles 75 years ago, ask any scouser and they will claim either they knew John or Paul. or their dad did. They have whined on about a football stadium disaster that happened decades ago for ever more until everyone is sick of hearing about it.

So then it was made a World Heritage Site. "This is a troll, isnt it" was most peoples first reaction. Liverpool is the worlds largest trash dump. What the Luftwaffe failed to do in WW2 to Liverpool, its elected council finished off in the 1970's. Its like the Bronx but not so classy.

Dont go to Liverpool. You have been warned.

Captain Kirk!
07-21-2021, 01:11 PM

Paul and Ringo don't live there anymore.

Gator Monroe
07-21-2021, 01:16 PM
I would go to find old motorbikes & scooters & spares there in the Dumps ...

UKSmartypants
07-21-2021, 01:23 PM
Paul and Ringo don't live there anymore.

Good point.In fact every single Scouser who has got rich and/or famous moves out of Liverpoop as soon as his bank balance allows it.

dinosaur
07-21-2021, 01:29 PM
:thinking:

Why was Liverpool a World Heritage Site to begin with?

What changed to get them removed from the list?

Some stews are good and tasty. I miss my mom's stew. Why is scouser derogatory? Most everybody likes a good stew. I would prefer my mom's stew (probably an Irish origin stew) against anything grandma made from her Midlands memory and upbringing.

What is a brass bank? That doesn't translate well on this side of the pond.

What is wrong with Real Ale? Not knowing all the subtleties of English Ales, and not being a beer drinker, I only know basics of the process and types. I have lots of Hardy and Hansen Kimberley Ales interest, for other reasons. Are these "Real Ales" or some other subset?

MrMike
07-21-2021, 01:42 PM

Some stews are good and tasty. I miss my mom's stew. Why is scouser derogatory? Most everybody likes a good stew. I would prefer my mom's stew (probably an Irish origin stew) against anything grandma made from her Midlands memory and upbringing.

What is a brass bank? That doesn't translate well on this side of the pond.

What is wrong with Real Ale? Not knowing all the subtleties of English Ales, and not being a beer drinker, I only know basics of the process and types. I have lots of Hardy and Hansen Kimberley Ales interest, for other reasons. Are these "Real Ales" or some other subset?
The Beatles?

Authentic
07-21-2021, 01:55 PM
The reason that the city was a world heritage site is because of its waterfront architecture. Everton F.C. is going to build a new soccer stadium that will allegedly destroy the cityscape aesthetics.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-57879475

MVe
07-21-2021, 01:56 PM

Recent and ongoing changes to her 19th-century docks mainly.

Edit: beat to the reply

Authentic
The decision was made in China.

Authentic
Everton are white.

“Everton are white”: Everton, racism, and the era of change - GrandOldTeam (https://www.grandoldteam.com/2020/06/08/everton-are-white-everton-racism-and-the-era-of-change/)

Authentic
07-21-2021, 02:06 PM
There are people in England who would rather be a Paki than a scouser.

Gator Monroe
07-21-2021, 02:19 PM
There are people in England who would rather be a Paki than a scouser.

You mean rather have a lovechild with a burnt Paki ?

Authentic
07-21-2021, 02:20 PM
Liverpool walks alone.

Authentic
07-21-2021, 02:21 PM
You mean rather have a lovechild with a burnt Paki ?

Or anal Cher rather than vote Conservative.

Gator Monroe
07-21-2021, 02:21 PM
Liverpool walks alone.
When I drive with Liverpool I drive alone ?

Gator Monroe
07-21-2021, 02:25 PM
There was a Norman Hyde Motorbike custom speed shop in Liverpool so at least the Rockers had fast Nortons & Royal Enfields and BSA Motorbikes

Neo
07-21-2021, 02:42 PM
:thinking:What is a brass bank? That doesn't translate well on this side of the pond.

I believe it was a typo. ;)

edit* Brass band.

Oberon
07-21-2021, 03:54 PM
lol scouser is a new one for me.

Authentic
07-21-2021, 04:02 PM
lol scouser is a new one for me.
It sounds better (or worse) than Liverpudian.

MVe
07-21-2021, 05:10 PM
I don't mind that title-endowed cities can have a world heritage status taken away, it puts pressure on local councils and commerce to not visually pollute their vista, especially in the old quarters.

UKSmartypants
07-21-2021, 06:22 PM
The reason that the city was a world heritage site is because of its waterfront architecture. Everton F.C. is going to build a new soccer stadium that will allegedly destroy the cityscape aesthetics.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-57879475

Plus they pulled down Blythe Staithes, a massive quay structure that went on for miles This featured in the movie "Get Carter", the original. It was the largest wooden structure in the world, dating back to the mid 1800's

https://www.getcarter.xyz/wp-content/uploads/vlcsnap-2016-03-14-20h36m45s223.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3063/2417196674_85f329e3f2_b.jpg

Oberon
07-22-2021, 01:30 AM
Plus they pulled down Blythe Staithes, a massive quay structure that went on for miles This featured in the movie "Get Carter", the original. It was the largest wooden structure in the world, dating back to the mid 1800's

https://www.getcarter.xyz/wp-content/uploads/vlcsnap-2016-03-14-20h36m45s223.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3063/2417196674_85f329e3f2_b.jpg

I remember seeing that; pretty impressive. All those deforested hills in England made sense after seeing that. It couldn't have all gone for firewood with all the coal there. I would leave intact if I had a say in it.

Physics Hunter
07-22-2021, 01:47 AM
The Beatles?

Commie Hippies!

Physics Hunter
07-22-2021, 01:50 AM
A people separated by a common language has never been more true than this thread.

:wtf20:

Authentic
07-22-2021, 01:57 AM
I don't know. Is council housing the same as housing projects?

Dubler9
07-22-2021, 02:10 AM
I have visited Liverpool. The fact is it produced the biggest act, artist, band, performers in the history of this planet. There has never been anything as big as the Beatles. OK, I accept the Irish input had a lot to do with it.
The football disaster was more to do with police corruption and media corruption, class hate, than the actual disaster.
There is an under-belly culture of crime and degradation but lets face it - in the film The Third Man... there is a line which says....

Harry Lime: Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

Dubler9
07-22-2021, 03:16 AM
Commie Hippies!
LOL.... they did not conform to the class system. All the old post war Colonels and Captains insisting you address them by their rank.

Dubler9
07-22-2021, 03:19 AM
I hope you guys don't go the way of the Australians??? pretending to be tough, no nonsense people while kneeling to the BLM amd covid controls and snobbishly verbally attacking council house areas - real working class, tough people.

UKSmartypants
07-22-2021, 03:55 AM
I don't know. Is council housing the same as housing projects?

Probably. Its low-cost housing built for people unable to rent privately and unable to buy a house. Its built and owned by the local council. The nature of the people who lend up living in a council house means that some, but not all, council estates are crime ridden, drug ridden slums, and especially in places like London and the West Midlands, usually also Moslem shitholes, black ghettos or full of chav trash (UK eqiv of US 'trailer trash')

UKSmartypants
07-22-2021, 04:12 AM
I remember seeing that; pretty impressive. All those deforested hills in England made sense after seeing that. It couldn't have all gone for firewood with all the coal there. I would leave intact if I had a say in it.

well

In the12th century, the demand for Yew to make bows was such it created a Yew shortage and ships were required to carry Yew back from foreign ports. Between 1200 and 1500 half the forests of the UK were chopped down for building or agriculture

The Industrial revolution used another 1/4 of the remaining forests of the Uk

Of the remaining 25%, WW1 and WW2 both used another 3% each of what was left.

Between 1945 and 1990 another 10% was lost.

We now have about 10% left of the forest we had in 1100 AD, as determined by Domesday.

it was noted in old mediaeval texts that it was possible to travel from Bodmin Moor in the southernmost tip of Uk, to the Scottish Border, entirely in the tree cover, and never once your feet had to touch the ground.

Blyth Staithes is made entire of English Oak pressure stewed in bitumen, which pretty much makes it last forever, and actually goes on for half a mile It was built in sections over a long period, the last part being started in 1900 and not finished until 1932 due t o WW1.

Gator Monroe
07-22-2021, 10:34 AM
Some of the earliest examples of Scooter Riding Mods came out of a group of Lambretta Enthusiasts clique types in Liverpool