PDA

View Full Version : U.K. v US Size portions size difference Kfc, McDonalds, Big Mac.

Neo
06-30-2021, 09:43 AM
https://youtu.be/rg3Y3tCmBWo

America seems to be the winners in size portions. :(

Oceander
06-30-2021, 09:47 AM
https://youtu.be/rg3Y3tCmBWo

It comes out in other ways as well.

I have a 2017 VW Passat, and I learned the other day that the version of the Passat sold in the U.S. (and also in China) has a longer wheelbase than the version that is sold in the rest of the world (excepting China).

Kodiak
06-30-2021, 09:59 AM

I have a 2017 VW Passat, and I learned the other day that the version of the Passat sold in the U.S. (and also in China) has a longer wheelbase than the version that is sold in the rest of the world (excepting China).

Yep, smaller cars, smaller RV's, smaller homes etc.

As far as the smaller food portions, I have to assume England has to have less obesity than the US. Makes it easier to fit in those small cars and houses. :icon_biggrin:

Think Tank
06-30-2021, 10:02 AM
Yep, smaller cars, smaller RV's, smaller homes etc.

As far as the smaller food portions, I have to assume England has to have less obesity than the US. Makes it easier to fit in those small cars and houses. :icon_biggrin:

Having been away for so long, I’m shocked at the rate of obesity amongst Britons. When I see them on holiday. Or even on visits to the UK.

Swedgin
06-30-2021, 10:03 AM
So.

What you are saying, is that Austin Powers enemy/frenemy, "Fat Bastard," should have been American, instead of Scottish?

I don't think he would have had the same sexual appeal without the accent.

No matter how sexy his body was....

Big Dummy

Maybe the size of the Passat is related to the size of the KFC portions?

The Rhetoric Of Life
I saw discarded KFC soft drink in Croydon today, and I noticed how small it was and how when I've been to America, they just don't have such small sizes.
Speaking of Croydon, we got a Taco Bell the other year, and I've since learned there's a yellow food dye in the US banned in the UK making for a sightly different menu and no Doritos Locos Taco Shells in UK, which saddens me a little.

The Rhetoric Of Life
06-30-2021, 10:05 AM
Also, I heard you can smoke McDonald's Fries in America, but not UK, because I tried doing that in London one night and it didn't work.

JustPassinThru
06-30-2021, 10:10 AM

The other side of this, is, food is FAR more expensive in Europe and the UK.

What that translates to, of course, is a lower standard of living. Pay more for essentials; have less disposable income.

No, thanks. I'd rather self-manage my caloric intake, as opposed to having a coalition Green-controlled government tax me thin.

Oceander
06-30-2021, 10:15 AM
Maybe the size of the Passat is related to the size of the KFC portions?

It very well could be. All I know is this: the Passat was the only vehicle in my price range that had enough room in the back seat that I could sit behind the driver's seat and have plenty of room between my knees and the back of the front seat - and I'm only of average height. Interestingly enough, the Jetta had almost as much knee room in the back seat as the Passat did. In most cars, that was not the case.

Quark
06-30-2021, 12:48 PM
The States is a million times bigger than the UK so it stands to reason our portions would be bigger.

TLSG
06-30-2021, 12:53 PM
I imagine the fries in the UK are more healthy and have much less preservatives than U.S. ones.

I once saw a YouTube video where someone put McDonald's fries and fries from a local restaurant in jars. Over time, the local fries were covered in black mold, while the McDonald's fries were completely unchanged. So imagine how hard of a time the human body must have breaking those down.

I cannot, in good conscience, call that thing a woman. That is some kind of GMO lab experiment.

Trinnity
06-30-2021, 02:23 PM
Also, I heard you can smoke McDonald's Fries in America, but not UK, because I tried doing that in London one night and it didn't work.I believe you.

:sofa::loco:

JustPassinThru
06-30-2021, 02:36 PM
The States is a million times bigger than the UK so it stands to reason our portions would be bigger.
And we work harder. And play harder.

I have had weight issues all my life; but I controlled them in the Navy. How? By eating teaspoon-size portions?

No. My lunch included a big sundae at the ice-cream cone stand on-base, at NAS North Island. I'd have a small lunch, and then go run for an hour, about 8 miles...and then before going back to work (on-ship, inport) I'd have the big treat.

After working hours, if I didn't have duty (four-section duty; the duty section had to remain on ship for the whole day they had duty. It was a minimum-staffing number, for emergency evolutions)

...I'd go to the Enlisted Club, with a book (not a happening place) and have a pitcher of beer (a pitcher, correct) and read my book. Me and my favorite drinking companion. Better than a Westpac Widow or some Mexican or Filipina trash looking to make pocket money.

But I ate like that and drank like that and my eight-nine miles every noon, had me LOSING weight.

And before whatever happened to me, happened...I used to eat like a true pig, and not gain weight. I was overweight at times (but chiseled while in the Nav) but I wasn't helplessly gaining weight, until I started railroading...all those sleepless nights.

No, it's not our portions we should be ashamed of. It's that we haven't taught our kids, or learned, ourselves, how to exercise and stay fit.

Authentic
06-30-2021, 03:08 PM
The secret to weight loss is to burn more calories than you take in.

Dr. Felix Birdbiter
06-30-2021, 03:36 PM
Everything is bigger here. A Harley Davidson Road King weighs 906 lbs. A Triumph Cruiser is 438 lbs.

Neo
06-30-2021, 03:37 PM
The secret to weight loss is to burn more calories than you take in.
Today I burnt 663 calories bike riding 10 km

Yeah I try to keep an eye on what I eat. I’ve always been 32” waist 40/41” chest. 73kg/11st 4lbs

At Laughlin I had a McDonalds breakfast, when my wife joined me later I ordered for her and was told everything I’d ordered was half price as I’d already paid for a previous meal…. I love America!

Neo
06-30-2021, 03:56 PM
We visited Philadelphia and had a restaurant meal, I ordered a prawn salad meal, and a coke. The size of the meal was ridiculous, a small portion of prawns laying on a huge plate with every type of salad, there truly was enough for 2 large eaters.
The waitress was very friendly and I asked her why the meal was such a big plateful? Her reply was “To justify the $9 we are charging you for it.

Call_me_Ishmael
06-30-2021, 04:02 PM
I think condom sizes have the same trend. :dontknow:

Neo
06-30-2021, 04:25 PM

Different brands come in different sizes.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/condom-size-chart-906776

Call_me_Ishmael
06-30-2021, 04:39 PM
Different brands come in different sizes.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/condom-size-chart-906776

It was a joke.

Neo
06-30-2021, 04:40 PM
It was a joke.
Dick size is no joke! :)

JustPassinThru
06-30-2021, 06:04 PM

Question is, then...how does an American mulatto negress, get satisfied with a shrink-dink like Harry?

Neo
06-30-2021, 06:13 PM
Question is, then...how does an American mulatto negress, get satisfied with a shrink-dink like Harry?
A workman never blames his tools for a shoddy job done.

Call_me_Ishmael
06-30-2021, 06:23 PM

She's not. And he knows it.

Oberon
07-03-2021, 07:57 PM
lol the USA version is not the standard order size of Burger King fries, it's the Jumbo size. The regular order is no larger than the one on the UK side of the propaganda pic.

TheOneOnly2
07-03-2021, 08:36 PM
Youtube has been suggesting this video to me for weeks but I wont watch it.

TheOneOnly2
07-03-2021, 08:54 PM
And we work harder. And play harder.

I have had weight issues all my life; but I controlled them in the Navy. How? By eating teaspoon-size portions?

No. My lunch included a big sundae at the ice-cream cone stand on-base, at NAS North Island. I'd have a small lunch, and then go run for an hour, about 8 miles...and then before going back to work (on-ship, inport) I'd have the big treat.

After working hours, if I didn't have duty (four-section duty; the duty section had to remain on ship for the whole day they had duty. It was a minimum-staffing number, for emergency evolutions)

...I'd go to the Enlisted Club, with a book (not a happening place) and have a pitcher of beer (a pitcher, correct) and read my book. Me and my favorite drinking companion. Better than a Westpac Widow or some Mexican or Filipina trash looking to make pocket money.

But I ate like that and drank like that and my eight-nine miles every noon, had me LOSING weight.

And before whatever happened to me, happened...I used to eat like a true pig, and not gain weight. I was overweight at times (but chiseled while in the Nav) but I wasn't helplessly gaining weight, until I started railroading...all those sleepless nights.

No, it's not our portions we should be ashamed of. It's that we haven't taught our kids, or learned, ourselves, how to exercise and stay fit.

I have never been guilty of the sin of gluttony so I dont need to exercise to avoid becoming fat.

Do you think you should be ashamed of your lax food safety regulations?

“Major companies sell safer versions of their products all around the world, [but] not in the United States,” Ms Matson told viewers.
More than 10 ingredients are listed for the US version of McDonald’s fries, including seven highlighted in red to indicate them being potentially hazardous.

The UK equivalent had nothing of the sort and instead featured just potatoes, vegetable oil, dextrose and salt in its ingredients.
In Australia, Macca’s fries contain potato, canola oil, dextrose and mineral salt. There may be traces of sulphites (less than 10 milligrams per kilogram).
The McDonald’s fries, along with a host of other popular products, were subject to loose safety standards in the US, and therefore allowed companies to take advantage of cheap loopholes.
McDonald’s fries ingredients exposed in viral TikTok video (news.com.au) (https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/tiktok-video-exposes-stark-difference-between-us-mcdonalds-fries-and-the-rest-of-the-world/news-story/216e5b9de402c561dc1ae0ccc8643a27)

Liberty! If you are selling snake oil then USA is the market for you. Right. Its your lack of safety regulations that created the Theranos disaster hey. The government can and should protect the public right? Do you really want the freedom to buy a Theranos blood testing kit that doesnt work and fails to show that you got the hep then you pass on the hep to someone you love? There is such a thing as too much freedom isnt there. And you Americans are the odd ones out arent you. It makes perfect sense that you will be made to change to comply with the rest of the west that does not share your libertarian mentality rather than the rest of us having to change to fit in with you. Dinosaur Patriots like you are a dying breed that will soon be extinct and when you are the de-Americanization of USA will be complete. Ha. It does make sense though if you think about it hey.

Thousands responded to the video in shock and some suggested the structure of the US healthcare system had something to do with the sub-par food safety standards.“Other countries don’t allow poison as food. They’re not trying to make their people sick because healthcare is covered by the government,” one wrote.
“Because America profits off of the sick, where other countries pay for their healthcare so they want healthy people,” another said.
McDonald’s fries ingredients exposed in viral TikTok video (news.com.au) (https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/tiktok-video-exposes-stark-difference-between-us-mcdonalds-fries-and-the-rest-of-the-world/news-story/216e5b9de402c561dc1ae0ccc8643a27)

Ha.

UKSmartypants
07-04-2021, 04:18 AM
I imagine the fries in the UK are more healthy and have much less preservatives than U.S. ones.

I once saw a YouTube video where someone put McDonald's fries and fries from a local restaurant in jars. Over time, the local fries were covered in black mold, while the McDonald's fries were completely unchanged. So imagine how hard of a time the human body must have breaking those down.

Theres a woman who goes round UK lecturing in schools on healthy eating, she has with her a genuine, real cheeseburger fro McDonalds. The point of it is it more than ten years old, and virtually unchanged since it was made. Its so packed full of preservatives and other chemicals it has not degraded or gone rotten or mouldy.

Heres a picture of it in 2009 at age 10.

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/1797/production/_109493060_eiqckowwkaif53m-5.jpg

UKSmartypants
07-04-2021, 04:20 AM
Heres another one from the US in 2016

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/04/26/10/338B8CAC00000578-3559112-image-a-1_1461662435873.jpg

Ask yourself, if these things dont decomposes, how is your intestines going to deal with it?