PDA

View Full Version : Ireland limits indoor hospitality to vaccinated over Delta fears

Neo
06-29-2021, 10:55 AM
DUBLIN (Reuters) - Ireland’s government is to decide on Tuesday whether to permit only those who are fully vaccinated to eat and drink inside bars and restaurants.
Speaking to journalists before a cabinet meeting, transport minister Eamon Ryan said the government was considering a recommendation by the National Public Health Emergency Team that would require people to “show vaccination status”.
The restrictions could mean delaying Monday’s planned re-opening of indoor hospitality to allow time to develop a system to manage the changes. Ireland would be one of the first places in Europe to introduce the measure.
Bars, restaurants, and cafes have been closed in Ireland for much of the past 16 months, with the latest national lockdown in place since late December. Outdoor dining and drinking has been allowed since June 7.
The country has the fifth highest rate of COVID-19 infections of the 31 countries monitored by the European Centre for Disease Control.
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ireland-might-demand-vaccine-drink-inside-pubs-restaurants-2021-06-29/

Authentic
06-29-2021, 11:01 AM
Pubs will go out of business.

Authentic
06-29-2021, 11:25 AM
Where can Seamus go to meet his comrade for a pint and to talk a little treason?

Neo
06-29-2021, 11:53 AM
Pubs will go out of business.
I don’t believe that for a second, Irish drinkers will be relieved they can have a Guinness without being near and unvaccinated, possible Virus infected drinker.

Neo
06-29-2021, 11:54 AM
Where can Seamus go to meet his comrade for a pint and to talk a little treason?

Seamus doesn’t talk treason anymore, the topic of conversation is probably where can they get some sausages from.

Oceander
06-29-2021, 12:16 PM
Given Ireland's internal politics, how much of a slippery slope is this?

Neo
06-29-2021, 01:28 PM
Given Ireland's internal politics, how much of a slippery slope is this?

I believe most pubs, clubs, and events would welcome the Irish governments decision on this.

Oceander
06-29-2021, 01:30 PM
I believe most pubs, clubs, and events would welcome the Irish governments decision on this.

Ok; however, I suppose I should have been less elliptic in my question: is this a slippery slope toward a situation where "papers" proving immunization or negative testing for a wide variety of conditions could become mandatory?

In other words, is Ireland taking a step towards the medi-gestapo, where one will always be hearing "medizinische Papiere bitte."?

Neo
06-29-2021, 02:00 PM
Ok; however, I suppose I should have been less elliptic in my question: is this a slippery slope toward a situation where "papers" proving immunization or negative testing for a wide variety of conditions could become mandatory?

In other words, is Ireland taking a step towards the medi-gestapo, where one will always be hearing "medizinische Papiere bitte."?
The British governments taking advice from its own science team.

The the Irish Government is taking advice from the
from the National Public Health Emergency Team (Nphet) that indoor dining should be restricted to people who are fully-vaccinated to limit the spread of Covid-19 at a time of highly-infectious variants.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/reopening-ireland-indoor-dining-postponed-as-plans-for-proving-vaccination-drawn-up-1.4606597

it’s nothing to do with playing up to the media

Oceander
06-29-2021, 02:07 PM

The the Irish Government is taking advice from the
from the National Public Health Emergency Team (Nphet) that indoor dining should be restricted to people who are fully-vaccinated to limit the spread of Covid-19 at a time of highly-infectious variants.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/reopening-ireland-indoor-dining-postponed-as-plans-for-proving-vaccination-drawn-up-1.4606597

it’s nothing to do with playing up to the media

Ok, but that doesn't get to the underlying question: will the Irish gradually come to accept that "showing your medical papers" becomes a fact of life, and those who do not have papers, or who have the wrong things reflected on their papers, will lose social credit, or not?

Look at how accustomed people have become in less than a year to wearing a face diaper, to the point where a material number feel uncomfortable if they aren't wearing a personal gag. If face diapers were made permanent, a material portion of the population would be quite happy with that result.

Neo
06-29-2021, 02:15 PM
Ok, but that doesn't get to the underlying question: will the Irish gradually come to accept that "showing your medical papers" becomes a fact of life, and those who do not have papers, or who have the wrong things reflected on their papers, will lose social credit, or not?

Look at how accustomed people have become in less than a year to wearing a face diaper, to the point where a material number feel uncomfortable if they aren't wearing a personal gag. If face diapers were made permanent, a material portion of the population would be quite happy with that result.

Listen! The governments here took advice from the scientists, to go against the science would have been a stupid decision as it would have a serious mistake.

We in the U.K. and in Ireland followed the science to the letter, we are in smaller highly populated cities where if we didn’t wear masks it would of been worse.

We have diehards in our countries who won’t take the vaccines. Fair enough, if they won’t partake in what the majority of the population want they have to be shown the errors of their ways by other means!
In my opinion it will get harder on them, employers will demand they get vaccinated.

Rutabaga
06-29-2021, 02:23 PM
i already got my counterfeit papers before they were forced to stop selling them on ebay...

$5 bucks and it shows vaccinated...

now what?

Oceander
06-29-2021, 02:28 PM
Listen! The governments here took advice from the scientists, to go against the science would have been a stupid decision as it would have a serious mistake.

We in the U.K. and in Ireland followed the science to the letter, we are in smaller highly populated cities where if we didn’t wear masks it would of been worse.

We have diehards in our countries who won’t take the vaccines. Fair enough, if they won’t partake in what the majority of the population want they have to be shown the errors of their ways by other means!
In my opinion it will get harder on them, employers will demand they get vaccinated.

Well, if that's the direction the conversation has to go ....
So, to play Devil's advocate - when it turns out that the vaccine causes serious long-term effects, will those same selfish employers pay for the damage their demands have caused? Or will they simply turn a blind eye to the harm they've caused and blame it on someone else?

Trinnity
06-29-2021, 05:36 PM
I don’t believe that for a second, Irish drinkers will be relieved they can have a Guinness without being near and unvaccinated, possible Virus infected drinker.Yeah, who wants to be in the same room with those selfish people anyway? Gross!

I believe most pubs, clubs, and events would welcome the Irish governments decision on this.I thought the Irish were rebels.

Do they have people like Fauci running it? I'll bet they do. Politicians abuse "science" and "medicine' for their own gain. Can you really trust them?

We in the U.K. and in Ireland followed the science to the letter, we are in smaller highly populated cities where if we didn’t wear masks it would of been worse. Masks cannot block the virus, so what kind of science were you following?

We have diehards in our countries who won’t take the vaccines. Fair enough, if they won’t partake in what the majority of the population want they have to be shown the errors of their ways by other means! In my opinion it will get harder on them, employers will demand they get vaccinated.Wow. You should re-read what you wrote. You're promoting that??? You've happily adopted an attitude that's anti-individual rights, anti-Liberty, and an affront to human rights. It goes against everything the UK fought for to achiever a semblance of "democracy". Not to mention these govt policies are a approaching violation of the Nuremberg Code. The generation that defeated Nazism made a binding declaration people would never be forced to accept medical treatments against their will.

In your opinion? Based on what, blind trust? ...Can't be that; what field of Medicine are you in that formed your confident and unbiased opinion? It's not there's anything at stake here...

Trinnity
06-29-2021, 05:39 PM
when it turns out that the vaccine causes serious long-term effects, will those same selfish employers pay for the damage their demands have caused? LOL, the govt won't even be responsible. These are "emergency use drugs" and the govt won't be liable. If this goes wrong, we're all screwed. Mankind.

Neo
06-29-2021, 06:18 PM
Trinnity
The masks help prevent you spreading the virus if you have it, masks to not stop you contracting the virus as you well know!

Call_me_Ishmael
06-29-2021, 06:22 PM
i already got my counterfeit papers before they were forced to stop selling them on ebay...

$5 bucks and it shows vaccinated...

now what?
You're good to go.

Call_me_Ishmael
06-29-2021, 06:23 PM
LOL, the govt won't even be responsible. These are "emergency use drugs" and the govt won't be liable. If this goes wrong, we're all screwed. Mankind.

You won't be screwed. You and the other UNvaccinated will inherit the earth.

Neo
06-29-2021, 06:38 PM
You won't be screwed. You and the other UNvaccinated will inherit the earth.
Yep the Delta virus will get you to where you wanna be! :)

Trinnity
06-29-2021, 06:48 PM
The masks help prevent you spreading the virus if you have it, Masks can't block virus particles. They're just too tiny. If you think so, you're dead wrong.

masks to not stop you contracting the virus as you well know!That sentence is unintelligible, but I think you're saying "masks do not stop you contracting the virus". If that's the case, you're implying masks only work in one direction. Are you?Even a person w/o a medical education can look this stuff up. Have you? It's not classified, you know. If you're gonna rail about science, find out what the science actually is.

Stop spreading false information.

Trinnity
06-29-2021, 06:54 PM
You won't be screwed. You and the other UNvaccinated will inherit the earth.I have to take a vax to travel out of the country this Summer. I'll be taking the JJ vax because it's a conventional one, not the adapted mRNA cancer gene therapy drug.

I distrust big pharma and the govt so much I'm even reluctant to take that. However. the Novavax vaccine has been delayed due to shortages of raw materials and equipment. I'd have been happier with that one.

Trinnity
06-29-2021, 06:58 PM
Yep the Delta virus will get you to where you wanna be! :)
Viruses mutate; it's expected. They become weaker as they mutate. Democrats and The Media and Fauci are whipping up the fear all they can. Over on your side of the pond it's even worse. Merkel wants to ban you from the continent.

Maybe you don't care about the lockdowns since your job gets you country-wide travel.

ruthless terrier
06-29-2021, 07:11 PM
OK I'll start. There is no proof that the vaccinations provide sterilizing immunity. In other words you can still be infected and transmit the virus. This has been the case with the FLU. Why would anyone believe it won't happen with the covid FLU virus? Unless of course you work for Astrazeneca or Moderna 61006

Trinnity
06-29-2021, 07:17 PM
Top Experts Say COVID-19 ‘Delta Variant’ Symptoms Are Identical To ‘Hay Fever’, Common Cold

https://nationalfile.com/top-experts-say-covid-19-delta-variant-symptoms-are-identical-to-hay-fever-common-cold/ (https://nationalfile.com/top-experts-say-covid-19-delta-variant-symptoms-are-identical-to-hay-fever-common-cold/)

Sen. Ron Johnson Hearing: Mother with Disabled Daughter Breaks Down Crying While Sharing How COVID Vaccine Shattered Her Daughter’s Life (VIDEO)

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/06/sen-ron-johnson-hearing-mother-disabled-daughter-breaks-crying-sharing-covid-vaccine-destroyed-daughters-life-video/

Carful with that vax Eugene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbQRbGnniEI

Call_me_Ishmael
06-29-2021, 07:20 PM
I have to take a vax to travel out of the country this Summer. I'll be taking the JJ vax because it's a conventional one, not the adapted mRNA cancer gene therapy drug.

I distrust big pharma and the govt so much I'm even reluctant to take that. However. the Novavax vaccine has been delayed due to shortages of raw materials and equipment. I'd have been happier with that one.

Wait...... ya know, many of us didn't run to get vaccinated in order to live through the covid. Like you, we have a life that is larger than this covid thing. So we took the vaccine so that we can move on with out lives.

But now we are "sheep". We supposedly live trembling in fear that we will die from covid. We supposedly are PROvaxers, and we believe all the propaganda, Yada Yada Yada.

If you get yours, welcome to the club that many in YOUR FORUM have declared to be just disgusting sheep shivering in fear.

Let us know when you've traded in your liberty for the convenience of traveling.

Call_me_Ishmael
06-29-2021, 07:26 PM
Masks can't block virus particles. They're just too tiny. If you think so, you're dead wrong.

That sentence is unintelligible, but I think you're saying "masks do not stop you contracting the virus". If that's the case, you're implying masks only work in one direction. Are you?Even a person w/o a medical education can look this stuff up. Have you? It's not classified, you know. If you're gonna rail about science, find out what the science actually is.

Stop spreading false information.

The key to understanding is to know the difference in size between a virus and a droplet of moisture from ones breath on which the virus rides.

Now look... don't think I'm making the argument. I'm simply telling you what the argument is because you keep citing the size of the virus and no one is saying the mask stops a lone floating virus. So when you argue with people about this, the task at hand is for you to argue either that

The mask passes most moisture droplets
The virus is predominately free floating without riding on a moisture droplet.

So remember....the droplet not the virus is where the size issue comes into play. We all have already been told that the virus is submicron sized and won't be stopped by the flimsy masks.

Or like some, you can say "LOOK OVER THERE" and talk about how hard it is to breathe with a mask, how dirty the masks get, the psychological effect of the "face diapers", etc.

Trinnity
06-29-2021, 07:46 PM
If you get yours, welcome to the club that many in YOUR FORUM have declared to be just disgusting sheep shivering in fear.

Let us know when you've traded in your liberty for the convenience of traveling.No. That's private. And if I die, I've decided who will inherit the forum.

East of the Beast
06-29-2021, 07:52 PM
There is a more conventional vaccine coming out mid summer .....just another option and less risky according to the creator of mRNA therapy......just sayin'.Don't know when you plan to visit the fatherland but, it may be worth looking into.It's called Novavax.......I may take it myself.

Trinnity
06-29-2021, 08:00 PM
I have to take a vax to travel out of the country this Summer. I'll be taking the JJ vax because it's a conventional one, not the adapted mRNA cancer gene therapy drug.

There is a more conventional vaccine coming out mid summer .....just another option and less risky according to the creator of mRNA therapy......just sayin'.Don't know when you plan to visit the fatherland but, it may be worth looking into.It's called Novavax.......I may take it myself.Perhaps in the Fall and then Europe has to approve it. Too late for me.

Johnson & Johnson vaccine: How is it different

May 3, 2021

Dr. Michael Stevens, associate chair of the Division of Infectious Diseases at the VCU School of Medicine, describes the differences between the three vaccines and the benefits of the new one from Johnson & Johnson.

What is the difference between how the Johnson & Johnson vaccine works and how the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines work?

The ultimate difference is the way the instructions are delivered. The Moderna and Pfizer vaccines use mRNA technology, and the Johnson & Johnson vaccine uses the more traditional virus-based technology. mRNA is essentially a little piece of code that the vaccine delivers to your cells. The code serves as an instruction manual for your immune system, teaching it to recognize the virus that causes COVID-19 and attack it, should it encounter the real thing.

Instead of using mRNA, the Johnson & Johnson vaccine uses a disabled adenovirus to deliver the instructions. This adenovirus is in no way related to the coronavirus. It is a completely different virus. Although it can deliver the instructions on how to defeat the coronavirus, it can’t replicate in your body and will not give you a viral infection.

https://www.vcuhealth.org/news/covid-19/johnson-and-johnson-vaccine-how-is-it-different

Moonie
06-29-2021, 08:02 PM

I don’t believe that for a second, Irish drinkers will be relieved they can have a Guinness without being near and unvaccinated, possible Virus infected drinker.

Do the Irish actually drink Guinness? Not from my experience there.

East of the Beast
06-29-2021, 08:04 PM
welp I didn't read your entire post.....my bad.If we personally decide to get vaxxed it will be the Novavax.

Call_me_Ishmael
06-29-2021, 08:27 PM
welp I didn't read your entire post.....my bad.If we personally decide to get vaxxed it will be the Novavax.

Bill and Melinda Gates helped fund that one too. Guess someone stopped them from putting chips in it.

Neo
06-30-2021, 12:56 AM
Bill and Melinda Gates helped fund that one too. Guess someone stopped them from putting chips in it.
:smiley_ROFLMAO:

East of the Beast
06-30-2021, 04:43 AM
Bill and Melinda Gates helped fund that one too. Guess someone stopped them from putting chips in it.Good one grasshopper.

Neo
06-30-2021, 04:59 AM

The idea of microscopic chips being added to the vaccines in all seriousness “who” came up with this mind bendingly stupid scenario?
Only gullible, old, mentally challenged would believe such guff…. Get a grip America!

nonsqtr
06-30-2021, 05:11 AM
The idea of microscopic chips being added to the vaccines in all seriousness “who” came up with this mind bendingly stupid scenario?
Only gullible, old, mentally challenged would believe such guff…. Get a grip America!

Why are you ridiculing this concept?

Don't you know anything about nanotechnology? It's real, you know.

It's even medicinal at this point, that's real too.

Neo
06-30-2021, 05:18 AM
Why are you ridiculing this concept?

Don't you know anything about nanotechnology? It's real, you know.

It's even medicinal at this point, that's real too.
Please read all of this link!
https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2021/06/microchipped-vaccines-15-minute-investigation/619081/

nonsqtr
06-30-2021, 05:41 AM
Please read all of this link!
https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2021/06/microchipped-vaccines-15-minute-investigation/619081/

Non-medical and non-scientific.

Anything else?

Here, read: The Smallest-Ever Injectable Chip Hints at a Cybernetic Medicine | IE (https://interestingengineering.com/smallest-ever-injectable-chip-hints-at-cybernetic-medicine)