PDA

View Full Version : Censorship-Proof

Madison
06-28-2021, 07:07 PM
Pierre Poilievre a REAL Conservative :thumbsup20:

We must become censorship-proof:Trudeau's censorship laws may block you from seeing my posts. Get around the censors: click, sign up and get the facts unfiltered in your inbox. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FA... (https://www.youtube.com/redirect?event=video_description&redir_token=QUFFLUhqbF9haWxXd3Zfa2RoYXA5U0dZNVBxY0 lKTDlyQXxBQ3Jtc0trSTg5Y05mX1lQYktPTGVvZU43VV83cm9j Y3ZDbnAxdXJROExpZ3BVSnNCTnRXbnc5UVI3aGp3d0JjdFl5LW 4wVjFkVFl3alVGZTVJdk1udm5JX0xEQzJIanJISV90NVlJUmJF UHN3Q2dwUnIybEtjZw&q=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fforms%2Fd%2Fe%2F 1FAIpQLSdNjlIfqCtW1jFIMpKBt4DON8WBRH9utlwS6G6EINBo hvuinw%2Fviewform)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgnWU-5Xl3E

Trinnity
06-28-2021, 08:23 PM
You'll be blocked from here by Canada?

nonsqtr
06-28-2021, 09:14 PM
Do they really think they can hide things from us?

Physics Hunter
06-28-2021, 11:47 PM
He's thinking way too simplistically.

They can sensor an email blaster as easily as a website or social media account.

We need to think more about distributed and fault tolerant communications approaches.

Sorry, 30+ years of training is hard to ignore.

FirstGenCanadian
07-02-2021, 10:15 AM

Essentially, yes. I think it’s equivalent to Obama’s net neutrality. Except here, it’s one step of three, to become law.

Think that’s bad? Wait…

Oceander
07-02-2021, 11:47 AM
Encrypted VPN won't let you get through?

El Guapo
07-02-2021, 12:12 PM

No. They're going to censor Canadian social media creators (ones with large followings) if they say things the government doesn't like.

Neo
07-02-2021, 12:22 PM
No. They're going to censor Canadian social media creators (ones with large followings) if they say things the government doesn't like.
Isn’t that taking away free speech in a democratic country?

El Guapo
07-02-2021, 12:30 PM
Isn’t that taking away free speech in a democratic country?

Can't take away what we never had. Now they're adding censorship on top of that.

Neo
07-03-2021, 04:18 AM
In Canada, an additional worry is how to protect domestic cultural industries as more Canadians turn to internet companies for music and video programming, which is the focus of the new law.
Stunting the influence of U.S. culture, in particular, is a core principle of modern Canadian media law. For decades the government has required radio and television broadcasters to produce and distribute local content.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-06-22/trudeau-s-party-passes-bill-to-regulate-social-media-streaming

I think what Trudeau is doing is limiting internet providers influencing Canadians and protecting Canadian interests, am I wrong?

nonsqtr
07-03-2021, 04:44 AM

You guys don't have free speech.

You should demand it.

(In my humble American opinion).

nonsqtr
07-03-2021, 05:06 AM
In Canada, an additional worry is how to protect domestic cultural industries as more Canadians turn to internet companies for music and video programming, which is the focus of the new law.
Stunting the influence of U.S. culture, in particular, is a core principle of modern Canadian media law. For decades the government has required radio and television broadcasters to produce and distribute local content.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-06-22/trudeau-s-party-passes-bill-to-regulate-social-media-streaming

I think what Trudeau is doing is limiting internet providers influencing Canadians and protecting Canadian interests, am I wrong?

Yes.

Neo
07-03-2021, 05:49 AM
You guys don't have free speech.

You should demand it.

(In my humble American opinion).

That’s not how I see it, surely Trudeau wouldn’t risk infringing Canadians rights of free speech, this looks just like the Canadian government trying to restrain the influence of American made products online and protecting the home economy.

El Guapo
07-03-2021, 11:31 AM
That’s not how I see it, surely Trudeau wouldn’t risk infringing Canadians rights of free speech, this looks just like the Canadian government trying to restrain the influence of American made products online and protecting the home economy.

Canadians don't have free speech rights. The CRTC already 'protects' Canadian artists and has been doing so for decades.
This bill gives the government the power to review individual youtube/instagram/tictoc/etc. contributor's videos (yes, even cute kitty videos) and arbitrarily shut them down for 'hate speech' or 'misinformation'. Their idea of whatever that may be.

Conservative Libertarian
07-03-2021, 11:37 AM
Canadians don't have free speech rights. The CRTC already 'protects' Canadian artists and has been doing so for decades.
This bill gives the government the power to review individual youtube/instagram/tictoc/etc. contributor's videos (yes, even cute kitty videos) and arbitrarily shut them down for 'hate speech' or 'misinformation'. Their idea of whatever that may be.

Commies are like that.

Neo
07-03-2021, 11:58 AM
I’m sure this new law won’t encroach the populations social media platform posts.

El Guapo
07-03-2021, 12:05 PM
I’m sure this new law won’t encroach the populations social media platform posts.

That's exactly what it does and what it was created to do. It has no other raison d'être.

Neo
07-03-2021, 12:11 PM
That's exactly what it does and what it was created to do. It has no other raison d'être.
Well I think you might be mistaken over how they will use it, at first look it seems they only want to regulate foreign companies getting the lion share of business from online internet service.

El Guapo
07-03-2021, 12:12 PM
Well I think you might be mistaken over how they will use it, at first look it seems they only want to regulate foreign companies getting the lion share of business from online internet service.

That's not even remotely what bill C10 is about.

Neo
07-03-2021, 12:28 PM
It’s designed for professional media, not media users.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Act_to_amend_the_Broadcasting_Act_(43rd_Canadia n_Parliament,_2nd_Session)

El Guapo
07-03-2021, 12:41 PM
Wikipedia? Really?

Look: I live here. I know what's in the bill. You don't. It's not a debate. Bill C10 contains language that gives the government plenary power to censor ANY social media user for the aforementioned arbitrary reasons. The language was pointed out during reading and was demanded to be removed. They left it in.
...and here you are insisting with wiki pages and msm whitewash articles that you're sure the government that wrote this law with that specific language contained therein has no intention of using the law to do exactly what the law says it's going to do.

El Guapo
07-03-2021, 12:50 PM
You're here telling me that the halfwit piece of shit commie spawn that proclaimed that 'Canada has no core identity" and that Canada is a 'post-national state' is out to preserve Canadian culture?

Neo
07-03-2021, 12:51 PM
Wikipedia? Really?

Look: I live here. I know what's in the bill. You don't. It's not a debate. Bill C10 contains language that gives the government plenary power to censor ANY social media user for the aforementioned arbitrary reasons. The language was pointed out during reading and was demanded to be removed. They left it in.
...and here you are insisting with wiki pages and msm whitewash articles that you're sure the government that wrote this law with that specific language contained therein has no intention of using the law to do exactly what the law says it's going to do.
I just can’t see the Canadian population putting up with this bullshit. It’s not going to end well for Turdo!

Neo
07-03-2021, 12:52 PM
You're here telling me that the halfwit piece of shit commie spawn that proclaimed that 'Canada has no core identity" and that Canada is a 'post-national state' is out to preserve Canadian culture?
Actually I see now that Trudeau is actually too thick to see the writing will be on the wall for pushing this bill in.

El Guapo
07-03-2021, 01:02 PM
Actually I see now that Trudeau is actually too thick to see the writing will be on the wall for pushing this bill in.

Well, it's not a done deal, yet. Will be, I imagine. I fear he's going to cruise to a majority government this fall. He's bought the entire media, has imported a new voting base and is pushing for mail in/ smartphone * because pandemic * voting.
Like I've said many times before: Canada is over. This is how totalitarian regimes get in and stay in. You're witnessing history.
Canada is history.

El Guapo
07-03-2021, 01:03 PM
I just can’t see the Canadian population putting up with this bullshit. It’s not going to end well for Turdo!

The population that objects to this bullshit has no voice in parliament.

UKSmartypants
07-03-2021, 02:10 PM
use TOR and a vpn, then you arent collecting DNS from the local ISP, and they cant intercept your traffic. Thats what they do in China

El Guapo
07-03-2021, 02:57 PM
use TOR and a vpn, then you arent collecting DNS from the local ISP, and they cant intercept your traffic. Thats what they do in China

That's not the issue. What's happening is that government censors will work directly with social media companies to have wrongthink content removed from the platform.

Neo
07-03-2021, 02:58 PM
El Guapo can I ask you how much you pay a month for your cell phone, and also what your home internet service costs per month?

Canadians I've been told pay an arm and a leg for cell phone coverage, over here we get it cheap, for example I bought my own iPhone and pay a monthly top up contact £10 per month 300mins talk time, unlimited texts, 12GB.
A friend told me in Canada they pay $100s for that.
The internet companies would go out of business if Canadians boycotted certain internet companies for toeing the government C10 too boisterously?

El Guapo
07-03-2021, 03:07 PM
El Guapo can I ask you how much you pay a month for your cell phone, and also what your home internet service costs per month?

Canadians I've been told pay an arm and a leg for cell phone coverage, over here we get it cheap, for example I bought my own iPhone and pay a monthly top up contact £10 per month 300mins talk time, unlimited texts, 12GB.
A friend told me in Canada they pay $100s for that.
The internet companies would go out of business if Canadians boycotted certain internet companies for toeing the government C10 too boisterously?

As far as boycotts go - the liberal government owns the media. Nobody even knows what bill C10 is.
Top tier companies can be expensive- they offer better service/speeds/coverage for the premium price. There are alternatives though, I pay very little. I get unlimited everything and 5GB of data for 40 bucks a month. About 80 bucks for my home connection.

Neo
07-03-2021, 05:53 PM
As far as boycotts go - the liberal government owns the media. Nobody even knows what bill C10 is.
Top tier companies can be expensive- they offer better service/speeds/coverage for the premium price. There are alternatives though, I pay very little. I get unlimited everything and 5GB of data for 40 bucks a month. About 80 bucks for my home connection.

That’s very cheap.

The Canadian internet companies who build and site the wi fi towers depend on full subscription. Cutting the snakes head off would hurt Trudeau too!

UKSmartypants
07-04-2021, 02:11 AM
Wikipedia? Really?

Wikipedia is a perfectly good source when reporting factual items such as physics, chemistry, etc or legal documents (minus the Climate Change scam). The point where it becomes unreliable is when reporting history or world events, anything influenced by politics, at which point it becomes so lefty globalist it goes round in circles. A wikipedia article that simply reports the contents of a legal document can be nothing other than factual and correct. Use your common sense a bit, please.

El Guapo
07-04-2021, 11:35 AM
Pointless pedantry duly noted. Wikipedia's and my explanation of the law are in agreement.
Try reading it.