PDA

View Full Version : Fred West latest murder enquiry

Neo
05-16-2021, 03:38 PM
Today I road into town (on my GT) and the police were still looking at the property concerning a Fred West murder.

https://i.postimg.cc/mkGtqP7v/47-BB9-D86-520-B-47-EF-8-AE5-1-A25-AA8-CC54-A.jpg (https://postimg.cc/R6XSJVsd)
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/gloucester-news/live-updates-fred-west-body-5400658.amp

Authentic
05-16-2021, 03:50 PM
Southgate Street.

Neo
05-16-2021, 04:16 PM
Southgate Street.

Yes Southgate street, roughly 250 yards from the docks

Neo
05-16-2021, 04:22 PM
My father actually knew Fred west, he did building work at The wagon works where my father worked, when my father told me this I said “dad! Don’t tell anybody else this” he looked at me and nodded.

My best friends older brother used to go to the west’s house for the parties Fred used to have. When Fred was arrested someone mentioned my friends brother, at the time he was living in Sheffield, Gloucester CID sent officers there to interview him, the ripple in the pool grew wider as more and more people were interviewed, it was a very big enquiry.
When Fred west was arrested I was living 2 streets away from him in 1978-81

Neo
05-16-2021, 04:27 PM
Fred West

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_West

Common
05-16-2021, 04:35 PM
Fred West

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_West
Thank you for posting who he was, some of us Yanks wouldnt know....like me :)

Brat
05-16-2021, 04:44 PM
Being a crime buff, the Wests have been in my sights for years. I think the fact they buried their daughter under their patio was my initial interest. I'm glad Rose is still alive to answer questions, too bad Fred is gone. He was the main one and should have been peeled. :angry20:

Neo
05-16-2021, 04:44 PM
Thank you for posting who he was, some of us Yanks wouldnt know....like me :)

I used to see his son driving around town. My town/city in those days was pretty small, but now I don’t recognise anyone (rarely)

Neo
05-16-2021, 04:47 PM
Being a crime buff, the Wests have been in my sights for years. I think the fact they buried their daughter under their patio was my initial interest. I'm glad Rose is still alive to answer questions, too bad Fred is gone. He was the main one and should have been peeled. :angry20:
Spot on!

Whilst in custody he committed suicide as at Xmas the police suicide watch was relaxed, there was a big stink about that in the city as to how could the police let it happen .

Common
05-16-2021, 04:51 PM
WOW I read the entire wilki and he was a real ugly human from when he was a kid...groped girls at will....I loved the one where he groped a girl on a fire escape and she punched him and sent him over....he raped his younger sister and got her pregant and had sex with animals.

What a disgusting freak

UKSmartypants
05-16-2021, 04:52 PM
yes, a bit of a bad lad, to put it mildly.

serial killer and builder....the police need to keep a set of ground penetrating radar to hand, just in case. If i had a patio built by him id keep quiet about it.

Neo
05-16-2021, 04:59 PM
yes, a bit of a bad lad, to put it mildly.

serial killer and builder....the police need to keep a set of ground penetrating radar to hand, just in case. If i had a patio built by him id keep quiet about it.
I lived at Podsmead growing up, near us were new car dealerships built along the Bristol road, Fred did building work on a couple that I know of, the owners kept quiet about it…. More bodies? we will never know!

UKSmartypants
05-16-2021, 05:17 PM
George Orwell wrote an interesting essay on the subject , entitled "The Decline of English Murder", in which he bemoaned the lack of decent english murders.

Orwell identified several common features which 'have given the greatest amount of pleasure to the British public' during 'our great period of murder', between roughly 1850 and 1925' and may be considered from a News of the World reader's point of view, the "perfect" murder: middle class criminals, sex or respectability as a motif, mostly poisoning, deaths slow to be seen as due to crime, a dramatic coincidence or unbelievable occurrence, the aim of getting hold of a certain known sum of money - usually small, and domestic victims against an essentially domestic background.

He contrasted this in another essay later, entitled "No orchids for Miss Blandish", in which he discussed the vulgarity of murder in cheap American pulp novels, using a story "No Orchids for Miss Blandish" as an example. It was in fact made into a movie afterwards.

If you have never read Orwells Essays id recommend you do, they give a perfect insight into the English mindset and culture of the 1930's.

Neo
05-16-2021, 05:27 PM
George Orwell wrote an interesting essay on the subject , entitled "The Decline of English Murder", in which he bemoaned the lack of decent english murders.

Orwell identified several common features which 'have given the greatest amount of pleasure to the British public' during 'our great period of murder', between roughly 1850 and 1925' and may be considered from a News of the World reader's point of view, the "perfect" murder: middle class criminals, sex or respectability as a motif, mostly poisoning, deaths slow to be seen as due to crime, a dramatic coincidence or unbelievable occurrence, the aim of getting hold of a certain known sum of money - usually small, and domestic victims against an essentially domestic background.

He contrasted this in another essay later, entitled "No orchids for Miss Blandish", in which he discussed the vulgarity of murder in cheap American pulp novels, using a story "No Orchids for Miss Blandish" as an example. It was in fact made into a movie afterwards.

If you have never read Orwells Essays id recommend you do, they give a perfect insight into the English mindset and culture of the 1930's.
Actually I’ve been watching on BBC4 https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01ftzlq

UKSmartypants
05-16-2021, 05:34 PM
Actually I’ve been watching on BBC4 https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01ftzlq

Oh thats bollox, she doesnt know anything, shes only a slip of a girl Go and read Orwell and A J P Taylor if you want the real thing.

Neo
05-16-2021, 05:38 PM
Oh thats bollox, she doesnt know anything, shes only a slip of a girl Go and read Orwell and A J P Taylor if you want the real thing.
Ok I’ll ask the northern wife to buy some cheap like ont tinternet

Northern Rivers
05-16-2021, 07:46 PM
Son Of Sam lived in my sister's apartment building. He never murdered anyone near home...fortunately.

Authentic
05-16-2021, 09:10 PM

Sounds Orwellian.

Authentic
05-17-2021, 02:51 AM
One of his victims worked at what is now The Clean Plate, the place which the tent is in front of in Neo's picture.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-57103923

Neo
05-17-2021, 07:07 AM
One of his victims worked at what is now The Clean Plate, the place which the tent is in front of in Neo's picture.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-57103923
Its highly unlikely they will find a body there, but no stone is unturned in an ongoing murder inquiry, immaterial how many years have gone by.

Authentic
05-17-2021, 11:49 AM
Son Of Sam lived in my sister's apartment building. He never murdered anyone near home...fortunately.

He was a bit Yonkers.

Neo
05-17-2021, 12:45 PM
Rosemary Letts (West)
Fred first encountered Rosemary Letts in early 1969, shortly after her 15th birthday. The pair first met at Cheltenham bus station. Initially, Rose was repulsed by Fred's unkempt appearance, and deduced he was a tramp, but she quickly became flattered by the attention Fred continued to lavish on her over the following days as he invariably sat alongside her at the same bus stop. Rose twice refused to go on a date with Fred, but allowed him to accompany her home. In their initial conversations, Fred quickly discovered that although Rose had never had a boyfriend, she was overtly promiscuous . He also extracted a degree of sympathy from her by claiming he and his two daughters had been abandoned by his wife, and that he wished for more children.Having discovered Rose worked in a nearby bread shop, a few days after their first encounter, Fred persuaded an unknown woman to enter the premises and present her with a gift accompanied by the explanation that a "man outside" had asked her to present this gift to her. Minutes later, Fred entered the premises and asked Rose to accompany him on a date that evening; an offer she accepted. Shortly thereafter, Rose began a relationship with Fred, becoming a frequent visitor at the Lake House Caravan Park, and a willing childminder to Charmaine and Anna Marie, whom she noted were neglected and whom she initially treated with care and affection. On several occasions in the early days of their courtship, Rose insisted she and Fred take the girls on excursions to gather wildflowers.
Within weeks of her first meeting Fred, Rose left her job at the bread shop in order to become the nanny to Charmaine and Anna Marie; this decision was made with the agreement that Fred would provide her with sufficient money to give to her parents on Fridays to convince them she was still obtaining a salary at the bread shop. Several months later, Rose introduced Fred to her family, who were aghast at their daughter's choice of partner. Rose's mother, Daisy Letts, was unimpressed with Fred's braggadocio, and correctly concluded he was a pathological liar; her father, Bill Letts—a diagnosed schizophrenic who is believed to have molested his daughter—vehemently disapproved of the relationship, threatening Fred directly and promising to call social services if he continued to date his daughter.

Neo
05-17-2021, 04:24 PM
Bones and a coat have been found in the cafe.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14985685/fred-west-victim-bones-discovery/

UKSmartypants
05-17-2021, 06:06 PM
Bloody Hell.

So the list of people you really dont want to babysit your kids goes:

Jimmy Saville
Fred West
Michael Jackson
Beverley Allet
Ian Huntley
Ian Bradey
John Venables