PDA

View Full Version : As if you needed proof BMW drivers are selfish dicks....

UKSmartypants
04-05-2021, 10:17 AM
'We didn't have you for long, but were happy to call you our son': Agony of teenage parents, 18, after their two-week-old baby was killed when untaxed BMW 'lost control' and slammed mother and pram into wall during their first family walk

The driver fled the crash site in Brownhills, Walsall, after the incident at around 4pm on Easter Sunday
Man was arrested around four miles away in Bloxwich shortly afterwards and is being held in custody
Police believe tragedy happened after BMW crashed into a Ford before ploughing onto the pavement

Driver, 34, 'who fled scene' is arrested over death of two-week-old baby boy | Daily Mail Online (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9436519/Driver-34-fled-scene-arrested-death-two-week-old-baby-boy.html)

Ill put money that a) he doesnt have a driving licence and b) hes a muzzie/paki - Walsall is one of those West Midlands muzzie shitholes.

Oceander
04-05-2021, 10:23 AM
Geez

Victory101
04-05-2021, 10:46 AM
'We didn't have you for long, but were happy to call you our son': Agony of teenage parents, 18, after their two-week-old baby was killed when untaxed BMW 'lost control' and slammed mother and pram into wall during their first family walk

The driver fled the crash site in Brownhills, Walsall, after the incident at around 4pm on Easter Sunday
Man was arrested around four miles away in Bloxwich shortly afterwards and is being held in custody
Police believe tragedy happened after BMW crashed into a Ford before ploughing onto the pavement

Driver, 34, 'who fled scene' is arrested over death of two-week-old baby boy | Daily Mail Online (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9436519/Driver-34-fled-scene-arrested-death-two-week-old-baby-boy.html)

Ill put money that a) he doesnt have a driving licence and b) hes a muzzie/paki - Walsall is one of those West Midlands muzzie shitholes.

post follow up once they identify the driver, want to see what this scum looks like.

Dan40
04-05-2021, 11:28 AM
Vehicle brand has nothing to do with the asshole driving. Same as gun has nothing to do with the shooter. What's the difference between a Porsche and a porcupine? A porcupine has the pricks on the outside.

UKSmartypants
04-05-2021, 11:30 AM
post follow up once they identify the driver, want to see what this scum looks like.

I will

My wife has a relative who lives in Wednesbury, which is a well to do white area, about 10 miles away. They wont even drive through Wallsall, its such a shithole.

Dr. Felix Birdbiter
04-05-2021, 11:32 AM
I used to think that all Cadillac drivers were pricks until I bought one!!

teeceetx
04-05-2021, 11:43 AM
It's time for some personal revenge ...

Foghorn
04-05-2021, 12:00 PM
I'm raising my hand to testify - had a little two-seater BMW Z about 6 years ago. Loved that car.

Don't get one if you have bad knees. You can get in but good luck getting out.

Don't pickup your daughter at middle school in the Beemer. Asian moms in their Honda minivans can't see you.

Don't try anything drive-through, you'll never reach the counter.

Do haul ass up behind another driver on the highway. They'll see your sports car and get out of the way.

Do yell at stupid drivers. If you have the top down they can hear every word you say.

Do smoke the shit out of some punk who thinks his factory Mustang is bad ass.

Oceander
04-05-2021, 12:32 PM
I'm raising my hand to testify - had a little two-seater BMW Z about 6 years ago. Loved that car.

Don't pickup your daughter at middle school in the Beemer. Asian moms in their Honda minivans can't see you.

Do haul ass up behind another driver on the highway. They'll see your sports car and get out of the way.

Do yell at stupid drivers. If you have the top down they can hear every word you say.

I would make one addendum to the Do's: Do learn how to drive your sports car, and how to drive the road you're on.

I add that because I once smoked a braggart in his BMW through a windy little exit ramp on the LIRR in my old '99 Grand Marquis because I knew my car - it's propensity to lean, its propensity to kick the rear end out, and its power curve and how to maximize torque on it - and how to slice and dice the curves on that little ramp, and he did not.

UKSmartypants
04-05-2021, 12:56 PM
This is the problem with supercars. They arent the same as a factory car. They require you to learn an entirely new method of driving and controlling them. The average driver , put behind the wheel of a Porsche 911 will inevitably wrap it round a tree within 30 mins. If you can afford a Porsche, then you can afford an Advanced Driving Tutor for an hour to teach you how not to kill yourself, or anyone else with it.

My lad fell into a similar trap. Having spent half his childhood playing Grand Theft Auto, he then tried to drive his first car in the same way, and was dumbfounded when he wrecked the nearside suspension and wheel bearings trying to slide round a corner. It came as a shock to him to discover real cars are very easy to wreck. He managed to wreck it at his mothers house, 100 miles away, she paid to get it towed back to her house and i had to drive all my tools over there and fix the front suspension, wishbone and wheel stub on her driveway, then take all the broken bits of rear brake drum off and bleed the brakes again. Not how i like to spend my weekends....

BooBoo
04-05-2021, 12:59 PM
One BAD ASS Mochine, Get Out of the way or get Run Over...

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs1.cdn.autoevolution.com%2Fimages %2Fgallery%2FMERCURYMarauder-3417_2.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Oceander
04-05-2021, 01:06 PM
One BAD ASS Mochine, Get Out of the way or get Run Over...

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs1.cdn.autoevolution.com%2Fimages %2Fgallery%2FMERCURYMarauder-3417_2.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

The Marauder was nice; too bad there wasn't enough market for it. However, the one I had was just a plain jane '99 GS without even a limited slip differential.

Sorta like this:

https://imganuncios.mitula.net/medium/mercury_grand_marquis_1999_gasoline_1999_mercury_g rand_marquis_gs_4dr_sedan_1370122605190920653.jpg

Hitting the sweet spot on the power curve was always fun, though.

BooBoo
04-05-2021, 01:24 PM
Think the State Police had something to do with the Availability...!!!

Oceander
04-05-2021, 02:19 PM
Think the State Police had something to do with the Availability...!!!

Nah; they had the P72 series police interceptor model of the Crown Vic (same thing, just different badging). The Marauder was almost as much, but the interceptors would have been departmental vehicles.

Dan40
04-05-2021, 02:58 PM

Had an Alfa Romeo roadster many years ago, to get out I'd open the door, turn toward it, flop out walk across the ground on my hands about 2 ft then grab the door and pull the rest of me out! Much easier to get in and out with the top down.

Dr. Felix Birdbiter
04-05-2021, 03:09 PM
Had a Triumph Spitfire once. Drove into downtown Baltimore with my then girlfriend. Pulled up next to the curb and she couldn't open her door because the curb was higher than the bottom of the car!!!

Lone Gunman
04-05-2021, 04:09 PM
Vehicle brand has nothing to do with the asshole driving. Same as gun has nothing to do with the shooter. What's the difference between a Porsche and a porcupine? A porcupine has the pricks on the outside.
old joke, the offending member drove a bmw in the version i heard.

UKSmartypants
04-05-2021, 04:24 PM

1. A porsche has a very high torque and an even higher power to weight ratio. It also has a twitchy back end. The average driver will get in one try and drive off and spin it. You have to learn how to control the power and the transmission.

2. In my driving experience, which starts somewhere around 1978, if there's a dick in a car, its a very good bet hes in a BMW. BMW's are seen as flashy, and so its a car that attracts one particular sort of driver, the sort that owns a pitbull, is what we call in the Uk a 'Flash harry'. They are usually arrogant, think they own the road, and think you dont matter. The cut you up, drive down bus lanes or the hard shoulder, and they ALWAYS speed.

Dan40
04-05-2021, 04:33 PM
1. A porsche has a very high torque and an even higher power to weight ratio. It also has a twitchy back end. The average driver will get in one try and drive off and spin it. You have to learn how to control the power and the transmission.

2. In my driving experience, which starts somewhere around 1978, if there's a dick in a car, its a very good bet hes in a BMW. BMW's are seen as flashy, and so its a car that attracts one particular sort of driver, the sort that owns a pitbull, is what we call in the Uk a 'Flash harry'. They are usually arrogant, think they own the road, and think you dont matter. The cut you up, drive down bus lanes or the hard shoulder, and they ALWAYS speed.
Some long time posters here will remember the discussions I had with a liberal about my BMW.:)

Dan40
04-05-2021, 04:37 PM
old joke, the offending member drove a bmw in the version i heard.
What's the difference between an epileptic oyster shucker and a prostitute with diarrhea?? The epileptic oyster shucker shucks between fits.

Oceander
04-05-2021, 04:49 PM
What's the difference between an epileptic oyster shucker and a prostitute with diarrhea?? The epileptic oyster shucker shucks between fits.
:smiley_ROFLMAO:

I'm going to have to confiscate that one!!

WarriorRob
04-05-2021, 05:54 PM
He has a BMW, so that means he is one of those privileged people they keep talking about, he will be out on 2 day probation.

BooBoo
04-05-2021, 06:24 PM
Nah; they had the P72 series police interceptor model of the Crown Vic (same thing, just different badging). The Marauder was almost as much, but the interceptors would have been departmental vehicles.

They bee using them down here in the Sunny South along with Detectives and Other Agencies...!!!

UKSmartypants
04-06-2021, 03:55 AM
He has a BMW, so that means he is one of those privileged people they keep talking about, he will be out on 2 day probation.

Absolutely. It wont be one of the three white men that live in Wallsall.

UKSmartypants
04-06-2021, 08:03 AM
At its very basic, theres some simple rules
1. dont apply more power than the wheels can grip with
2. know the difference in RPM for the same road speed for each gear.
3. know the engine speed (RPM) where the torque peak is
4. Therefore, always change gear such that the rpm counter ends up pointing at the torque peak RPM.

That gives you maximum power with most efficient fuel consumption.

patrickt
04-11-2021, 02:26 PM

How much money? Is James Davis a common Asian name in Britain?

"James Davis, from Walsall, spoke only to confirm his details at Wolverhampton Magistrates' Court.
"He was remanded in custody, and is next due to appear at the city's Crown court on 4 May.

"Mr Davis, of Croxtalls Avenue, is charged with causing death by dangerous driving, causing death by driving while uninsured, failing to stop at the scene of a collision, and failure to report a collision."
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-56648171

UKSmartypants
04-11-2021, 03:23 PM
How much money? Is James Davis a common Asian name in Britain?

Turns out hes was one of the aforementioned three white men that live in Wallsall.......

East of the Beast
04-11-2021, 03:48 PM

Do smoke the shit out of some punk who thinks his factory Mustang is bad ass.had a used 83 BMW 380i.Loved that car, gave it to my youngest to drive to college.
That thing ran like a vaccinated Indian.

Moonie
04-11-2021, 08:48 PM
One does not go to Surrey.