PDA

View Full Version : We will be back soon, Scotland's Sturgeon says as the UK exits the EU's orbit

Neo
01-01-2021, 08:24 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/G3DK3GfD/5-FDE75-A8-18-E0-4393-A694-D00770939-CA1.png (https://postimg.cc/c6swXg01)
Scotland’s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon told Europe that Scotland would be back soon, just as the United Kingdom completed its transition period out of the bloc.
“Scotland will be back soon, Europe,” she said on Twitter at 2300 GMT. “Keep the light on

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-scotland-idUKKBN2951VF

Neo
01-01-2021, 08:30 AM
Scotland would’nt meet up to the financial obligations of joining the EU, without the British tax payer it would become like Greece.

donttread
01-01-2021, 08:47 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/G3DK3GfD/5-FDE75-A8-18-E0-4393-A694-D00770939-CA1.png (https://postimg.cc/c6swXg01)
Scotland’s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon told Europe that Scotland would be back soon, just as the United Kingdom completed its transition period out of the bloc.
“Scotland will be back soon, Europe,” she said on Twitter at 2300 GMT. “Keep the light on

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-scotland-idUKKBN2951VF

Good, they are an ancient fish and they should be back!

Neo
01-01-2021, 09:06 AM
Boris Johnson would never give Scotland another vote, in his words “ a once in a generation referendum”

When my parents voted in the 70s both my parents voted not to join, as I was under 18 I did not have the opportunity to vote, however, David Cameron gave me an opportunity, it was 40 years later that I voted to leave the EU in 2016

Lets give Scotland the same time scale for another referendum, Jimmy Kranky will be pushing up Daisies by then.

donttread
01-01-2021, 09:21 AM
As an average American I know precious little about world politics. However, unlike the average American I do feel bad about that and am willing to learn.
What are the major sticking points for Scotland?

Neo
01-01-2021, 05:40 PM
As an average American I know precious little about world politics. However, unlike the average American I do feel bad about that and am willing to learn.
As oil from the North Sea is brought ashore in Scotland and refined Scotland gets financially awarded monies, I’m not too sure how it works.
Since the price of oil has dropped through the floor Scotland’s dreams of an oil fuelled future has disappeared, it gets less revenue.

Boris Johnson has stipulated that if by somehow Scotland was given a new vote and they voted to leave the union The U.K. would simply build refineries in England and bring it ashore there depriving the Scots of revenue.

Scotland at a push has 5 million people, by official figures there are only about 100,000 40% tax payers.
Scotland simply hasn’t the numbers to pay their own way in the world.

Public services, roads, hospitals, even a postal service, all costs would sky rocket. Taxation would eventually break up the country in my opinion.

Neo
01-01-2021, 05:43 PM
The taxation the Scots have put into the U.K. government pension would be honoured, all monies would go to their new Government pension if applicable.
Scotlands pensioners would still get their U.K. pensions until their death obviously.

UKSmartypants
01-01-2021, 10:06 PM

Well lets get the back story clear.

Back in 1680 , Scotland, a nation of 2 million people at the time, thought it could play empires with the Big Boys. They had a whip round with the population, every scots family chucked most of there spare wealth into a kitty, and the Scots setup a colony in South America, called New Caledonia. The whole enterprise was known as the Darien Scheme. However, back im 1680, if you wanted to play empires, you needed to have a decent navy to protect your colonies, and New Caledonia had no navy at all, and worse had setup smack between the british and french colonies. So war ensued, and the Darien Scheme went bust (plus the scot in charge cleared of with the remains of the money). The scots were forced to come begging to the British to bail them out, or there was a real danger the scots would have starved to death. Literally every family in scotland lost all thier savings and investments. Thus we took over running the place.

Wind forward, and you have Niclola Sturgeon, a racist english hating bigot. Now, wesubsidise the scots to the tuen of £1600 a head every year, because the scots get a bung of money called the Barnett Formulae. They spend £18B a year more than they take in tax, so we cover the shortfall, every year.

When Sturgeon had the first indy vote, her premise was that Scotlands share of North Sea Oil money exactly cover this shortfall, so everything would be hunky dory. But North Sea oil money has gone. Oil is no longer $120 a barrel, and the fields are running dry,and being decomissioned.

So that why they want to rejoin the EU, they think the EU is goign to take over bunging them £18B a year. As you can see, it doesnt make sense to want independance in order tothem immeduiately give it away for slavery to the Eu. Thats because ts not really about independance, its just about racist hatred of the english. Indy is just the cover story. Get riud of the english at any price is the true agenda

But the Eu has just lost it free cash supply (us). Nations that used to do very well out of our contribution have suddenly become net payers in. So the last thing the Eu needs is another scrounger. Scotland also does not meet the economic criteria to join, it does not have its own currency or its own central bank, and its deficitm and national debt are too high.

Plus, there are Eu members who also have internal problems with separatists -Spain (Catalans), France (Basques) and Belgium (Walloons) plus half a dozen others. if they let a separist breakaway Scotland to join, all hell will break loose in those countries from separatists demanding the same. And since all 26 Eu member states have to approve a new member, anyone of 4 ot 5 different ones will block Scotland, especially as it will make there slice of the money cake smaller.

If Scotland goes indy, it will lose overnight an amount of money equal to its entire local government budget. Within months scotland will need austerity harsher than anything ever seen, and will be poorer than Somalia for years. Plus, since 80% of Scottish trade goes thru UK, breakign away will mean hard border and customs tariffs. This will barely affect us, but it wil hammer Scottish business.

Stugeon and the SNP are such a hate filled cult that no price is too high for them. The next election is nScotland is 2021, the the pro Union scots dont get thier act together and vote the SNP down, a disaster is going to destroy scotland, intiated by Sturgeon.

Neo
01-02-2021, 05:50 PM
Glasgow, West Dumbartonshire, north Lanarkshire, and of course Dundee voted to leave the union.

https://i.postimg.cc/g08zWyDY/730-D2-BAB-DCB9-4-B92-85-D9-6-E59249-E8-AD5.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

There are estimated to be 4.5 million adults in Scotland in 2019-20 and 2.5 million income tax payers. Around 2 million adults, or 44.6% of all Scottish adults, will not pay income tax as they will earn less than the Personal Allowance.

Yes that’s right 2 million adults won’t pay any tax at all.

UKSmartypants
01-02-2021, 06:55 PM
so they are expecting 500,000 people to coem up withan extra £18B year... ?

donttread
01-02-2021, 08:17 PM
As oil from the North Sea is brought ashore in Scotland and refined Scotland gets financially awarded monies, I’m not too sure how it works.
Since the price of oil has dropped through the floor Scotland’s dreams of an oil fuelled future has disappeared, it gets less revenue.

Boris Johnson has stipulated that if by somehow Scotland was given a new vote and they voted to leave the union The U.K. would simply build refineries in England and bring it ashore there depriving the Scots of revenue.

Scotland at a push has 5 million people, by official figures there are only about 100,000 40% tax payers.
Scotland simply hasn’t the numbers to pay their own way in the world.

Public services, roads, hospitals, even a postal service, all costs would sky rocket. Taxation would eventually break up the country in my opinion.

Being trapped in the oil business is not a new thing to Americans as Iraq was in part about forcing the ME to trade oil in American dollars. Countries love economics booms even if they are predictably problematic. Foresight is NOT a girt world poltiicians possess.
Having said that if Scotland couls not take care of themselves maybe they need to look at their policy. I mean granted almost no countries really take in what they spend but if you only have 5,000,000,000 you should only need to do so much road work for example.

Neo
01-02-2021, 09:05 PM
Being trapped in the oil business is not a new thing to Americans as Iraq was in part about forcing the ME to trade oil in American dollars. Countries love economics booms even if they are predictably problematic. Foresight is NOT a girt world poltiicians possess.
Having said that if Scotland couls not take care of themselves maybe they need to look at their policy. I mean granted almost no countries really take in what they spend but if you only have 5,000,000,000 you should only need to do so much road work for example.

You are quite right, what the Greeks did WILL happen to Scotland if they leave the union. It will be the voters fault, Scotland will borrow more than they can easily repay.
In the SNP governments plans it would create a new Scottish currency, it would hopefully for the Scots take shape in the form of Sterling.

Sterling is a funny old currency, it is propped up by the worlds financial institutions, it is one of the worlds solid currencies like the Dollar.

However! The U.K. government has already stated it will not operate or work with a Scottish currency. So! Where does that leave Scotland?

Big Wheeler
01-03-2021, 11:25 AM
Not to worry,now that the UK and its financial contribution has pulled out of the EU(I assume) the latter will get a cash injection from its next member to sign on the dotted line,Albania.

Neo
01-03-2021, 11:38 AM
Not to worry,now that the UK and its financial contribution has pulled out of the EU(I assume) the latter will get a cash injection from its next member to sign on the dotted line,Albania.

Albania was the most isolated country in the world. Sorta like north Korea today but even worse since it cut ties even with China. Led by a paranoid dictator that instead of investing in infrastructure threw the money in useless bunkers.
Albania went through one of the most repressive and economically disastrous communist regimes in history until 1991, unlike the fairly liberal and open Yugoslavia or the perestroika in the USSR, Also Albania remained isolated and DPRK-levels of paranoia until the very end.
Basically, Albania has one of the lowest GDPs per capita in Europe, even for the Balkans. Only Moldova (which most people consider a fragile state), Bosnia (still struggling after the Yugoslavian breakup) and Kosovo (struggling after an even more recent war) have lower GDPs per capita.
Albania, as far as I know has many good qualities. to name a few, it’s a geographically blessed country with strategic long coast , natural resources and nice scenery

UKSmartypants
01-04-2021, 06:48 AM
In the SNP governments plans it would create a new Scottish currency, it would hopefully for the Scots take shape in the form of Sterling.

The Eu is quite clear that all new members must take up the Euro. There will be no new scottish currency, it takes two years to create printing plates and set up for a new currency, and even then they wont have itt for very long. Plus the Scots dont have any gold or a central bank to float a new currency. And hanging onto Sterling is about the worst thing they could try, it would be the status quo minus the Barnett Formulae.....

UKSmartypants
01-04-2021, 06:52 AM
Albania was the most isolated country in the world. Sorta like north Korea today but even worse since it cut ties even with China. Led by a paranoid dictator that instead of investing in infrastructure threw the money in useless bunkers.
Albania went through one of the most repressive and economically disastrous communist regimes in history until 1991, unlike the fairly liberal and open Yugoslavia or the perestroika in the USSR, Also Albania remained isolated and DPRK-levels of paranoia until the very end.
Basically, Albania has one of the lowest GDPs per capita in Europe, even for the Balkans. Only Moldova (which most people consider a fragile state), Bosnia (still struggling after the Yugoslavian breakup) and Kosovo (struggling after an even more recent war) have lower GDPs per capita.
Albania, as far as I know has many good qualities. to name a few, it’s a geographically blessed country with strategic long coast , natural resources and nice scenery

Oh we went and had a look round Romania and Albania a decade ago. Fuck me, it was like going back to the 13th century. 90% of vehicles wer horses and carts. Tarmac was a thing other people had. The new buildings they were putting up had animal skulls on the scaffolding to ward off evil spirits. The building rubble and land clearance waste for building sites was just bulldozed off into a corner of the plot and left there , they considered it the new owners problem Running water and sewage into old houses was an optional extra. It made Somalia look like the USA. We fled.

Big Wheeler
01-04-2021, 12:37 PM
I used to drive my truck through Romania on my way out to the middle east in my younger days.FFS.It hadn't changed since the Romans gave them a hard time.One thing you learned very quickly was not to stop.They will steal the milk out of your tea or have your wheel nuts off if you drive slower than 30 mph.While on holiday in Corfu some years ago some of the party took a boat trip to Albania for the day.I gave that a miss and told them to keep their hands in their pockets.

Neo
01-04-2021, 01:03 PM
The Eu is quite clear that all new members must take up the Euro. There will be no new scottish currency, it takes two years to create printing plates and set up for a new currency, and even then they wont have itt for very long. Plus the Scots dont have any gold or a central bank to float a new currency. And hanging onto Sterling is about the worst thing they could try, it would be the status quo minus the Barnett Formulae.....

Top post mate. You are correct, Scotland doesn’t have any Gold reserve at all, Sturgeons full of Faff.

Neo
01-04-2021, 01:11 PM
I used to drive my truck through Romania on my way out to the middle east in my younger days.FFS.It hadn't changed since the Romans gave them a hard time.One thing you learned very quickly was not to stop.They will steal the milk out of your tea or have your wheel nuts off if you drive slower than 30 mph.While on holiday in Corfu some years ago some of the party took a boat trip to Albania for the day.I gave that a miss and told them to keep their hands in their pockets.
I seem to remember President George Bush having his watch stolen in Romania in front of his secret service guards.

UKSmartypants
01-04-2021, 02:09 PM
Top post mate. You are correct, Scotland doesn’t have any Gold reserve at all, Sturgeons full of Faff.

When the Germans bought Greece in 2012, they removed ALL the gold reserves from the Greek Central Bank (all 400 tonnes) , in order to prevent them a) making thier own currency b) holding themto ransom and c) keeping them prisoner to the EU.

The Eu already have a) and b) with Scotland, joining the EU completes c).

Big Wheeler
01-04-2021, 05:16 PM
I seem to remember President George Bush having his watch stolen in Romania in front of his secret service guards.

The thieving twats have invaded Spain too.Really expert pickpockets and petty thieves.Also known to have an old crone with a baby outside supermarket doors making it cry to enable distraction thefts.