PDA

View Full Version : Donations

Trinnity
01-25-2013, 01:31 PM
We're switching from ads to donations. It will give us more leeway with copy/paste.
See this for more info on that....
http://thepoliticsforums.com/threads/1527-Change-of-fair-use-policy?p=22253#post22253

It'll be handled through paypal, which assures you your info is safe. There's a button "contributions" above next to "forum". We will need $300/year until and unless we need a bigger server or more features.

Thank you in advance to those of you who will be able to contribute and thanks for being part of this community to all of you.

Comments and questions on this thread are welcome.

/edit: Donations are voluntary.

OceanloverOH
01-25-2013, 03:07 PM
I just wanted to add that donations can be minimal amounts and are COMPLETELY voluntary. In addition to member donations allowing relaxation of the Fair Use Policy for us, I do believe that website management will be looking at earmarking some of the donation money for other, visible ways to enhance our website (maybe more smilies or other graphics, etc.) The only ones that will profit from the donations are the members!
If you enjoy the sharing of information and great camaraderie to be found here, please help if you can! :dankk2:

Roadmaster
01-25-2013, 07:03 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Trinnity
01-25-2013, 08:35 PM
:thinking:

Trinnity
01-29-2013, 03:46 PM
Donations are now being accepted.

Anyone who donates will get a PM from admin asking them if they DO or DON'T want a "donor" designation (see mine to see what that looks like. So far we have had one member donate besides me. Those of you who supported this move and said you would donate...I hope you will do that.

Do you all want periodic mentions here on the total? Or something like a bar at the top saying how much there is?

Roadmaster
01-29-2013, 03:53 PM
Do you all want periodic mentions here on the total? Or something like a bar at the top saying how much there is? That would be nice just in case you don't reach the goal. Other than that if it goes over in which I hope so, no need.

01-29-2013, 03:58 PM
Hey Trinn,

I attempted to do the donation and it hung and I never received the "thank you" that comes with Paypal. I checked my account and it doesn't show in history. I am going to wait two days. If you receive someone from my email addy can you PM me?

The XL
01-29-2013, 03:59 PM
If I win the cash drawing, I'm gonna donate all of it here.

Trinnity
01-29-2013, 04:05 PM
Hey Trinn,

I attempted to do the donation and it hung and I never received the "thank you" that comes with Paypal. I checked my account and it doesn't show in history. I am going to wait two days. If you receive someone from my email addy can you PM me? @ADMIN (http://thepoliticsforums.com/member.php?u=1)

ADMIN
01-29-2013, 09:23 PM
Hey Trinn,

I attempted to do the donation and it hung and I never received the "thank you" that comes with Paypal. I checked my account and it doesn't show in history. I am going to wait two days. If you receive someone from my email addy can you PM me?

Thank you for trying to donate.

There have been three donations to date, all of which are accounted for, so I am fairly certain it did not go through.

Trinnity
01-30-2013, 09:33 AM
Thank you @roadmaster (http://thepoliticsforums.com/member.php?u=15) for donating.

Trinnity
02-06-2013, 08:27 AM
Just a friendly reminder.

We've had 4 donations, including the admin and myself. I do hope you'll donate when you can. I don't ask this for myself - I'm a donor too. Admin spent $550 of his own money to set this site up and he deserves respect for giving us this opportunity. This man is a patriot and a protector of Liberty, that he gives us this platform to speak. It's a fine thing he's done out of love for free speech and this country.

Thank you.

Trinnity
02-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Just a friendly reminder.

We've had 4 donations, including the admin and myself. I do hope you'll donate when you can. I don't ask this for myself - I'm a donor too. Admin spent $550 of his own money to set this site up and he deserves respect for giving us this opportunity. This man is a patriot and a protector of Liberty, that he gives us this platform to speak. It's a fine thing he's done out of love for free speech and this country.

Thank you.Only one person looked at that. That makes me sad.

keymanjim
02-06-2013, 01:08 PM
Only one person looked at that. That makes me sad.
Don't worry. Things will get better.

Roadmaster
02-06-2013, 01:16 PM
Don't worry. Things will get better.

Correct, it's always slow at the beginning.

Coolwalker
02-06-2013, 01:18 PM
I've submitted another donation today.

Trinnity
02-28-2013, 05:56 PM
I want to thank everyone who's donated so far. (admin donated too)

At this point we've collected $395.10.

Thank you everyone and donations are still welcome and overages can be used for upgrades or other things. I'm open to suggestions in that regard. Thank you again to all those who donated. Let it be known that not everyone who donated chose to have the donor designation - some wished to remain private.

Thank you all so much for making this forum great.

Matt
05-26-2013, 11:06 PM
Since I know Trinnity; from today on I will pitch in $5 a month. That's as much as I can do under my meager salary :smiley20:

Trinnity
05-27-2013, 12:58 AM
That's so nice of you Fury. Thank you!

ADMIN
07-13-2013, 10:37 AM
With Fury's one time donation of $4.55 (after Paypal fees), total donations equal $399.65. Donations began in January 2013.

If our current server costs of $25/month do not increase, and no forum improvements are purchased, we are fully funded through April 2014.

Trinnity
07-13-2013, 02:50 PM
Funded through (the end of) April 2014. Oh that's good.

garyo
07-13-2013, 03:08 PM
If anything changes (fees) let me know, not that I'll do anything.

Roadmaster
07-13-2013, 10:13 PM
Great news!

Trinnity
07-14-2013, 12:42 AM
If anything changes (fees) let me know, not that I'll do anything.
okayIwon't