PDA

View Full Version : We now have Tapatalk

Trinnity
02-10-2014, 10:37 PM
Okay, you guys asked for it. Now you have it. :cool20:

If anyone breaches permissions with it, I WILL find out and ban you and your IP forever. :angry20:

Play nice, y'all. :blob7:

Ghost of Lunchboxxy
02-10-2014, 10:39 PM
Come again?

Tapa-WHO?!

Trinnity
02-10-2014, 10:50 PM
So you can post from a smart phone, I think. I don't need it, but peeps been asking for it for some time now.

BleedingHeadKen
02-10-2014, 10:51 PM
I use it for PF when I'm out and about, which is much of my day.

Irascible Crusader
02-10-2014, 11:13 PM
So you can post from a smart phone, I think. I don't need it, but peeps been asking for it for some time now.

So you don't know what it is, but you're adding it? :p

Ginger
02-10-2014, 11:20 PM
I know what it is. I just won't be using it.

Trinnity
02-10-2014, 11:25 PM
So you don't know what it is, but you're adding it? :pPeople have been asking for it (now and then) for a long time. I don't have a smart phone - don't want one either. I just use a cheap Net10 phone cuz I only need it for in the car, hunting, etc. I don't care that much about yakkin' it up on the phone.

Anyway, we're giving it try, and as long as no one abuses it (there are some slack-ass security issues with it) we'll keep it.

fyrenza
02-10-2014, 11:27 PM
I don't, and I won't.

:pw:

Matt
02-10-2014, 11:34 PM

I pissed off Admin in a debate and still didn't get it. Where did this act of God come from?

Trinnity
02-10-2014, 11:38 PM
Me. I asked for it. He was gracious to provide it. I thank him.

Cat
02-10-2014, 11:46 PM

If anyone breaches permissions with it, I WILL find out and ban you and your IP forever. :angry20:

I understand but I am still getting used to my iPhone5 and I wouldn't want to make a mistake of something and become banned. I'm sorry, but I won't be taking this app. But thank you for offering it. Banning just scares me right now.

Trinnity
02-10-2014, 11:49 PM
I understand but I am still getting used to my iPhone5 and I wouldn't want to make a mistake of something and become banned. I'm sorry, but I won't be taking this app. But thank you for offering it. Banning just scares me right now.You would have to know you were breaching security. In other words, you'd have to do it on purpose.

You can use it, Cat. Don't worry.

Cat
02-11-2014, 12:09 AM
You would have to know you were breaching security. In other words, you'd have to do it on purpose.

You can use it, Cat. Don't worry.

Oh. I see. Well, we'll see.

I'm still getting used to my new phone, anyway. And I'm used to using my computer here, so maybe sometime I'll look.

Thank you, Trinnity!

Karl
02-11-2014, 07:20 AM

I thought this would be nice on mt phone went to playstore download it and its absolutely useless in my opinion will be Un-Installing

One more thing Trinnity before ya start Blocking Cellular IP adresses Know this one thing

Smartphones don't have a Singular IP like a Home Computer

Trinnity phones run off a Carriers Data Network Block

When ya IP ban a Carrier IP you are blocking ALL that Regions Users on that Network

Trinnity
02-11-2014, 08:25 AM
Thanks for letting me know. At any rate, if it gets abused, I'll deal with it, even if that means removing it for everyone. Hopefully, that won't happen.

Canadianeye
02-11-2014, 08:43 AM
I didn't ask for it, and at this time won't be using it, but that could change. Meh.

Good idea IMO. Getting in on something that deals with funneling forum types people towards each other...certainly could only boost ones site.

Archer
02-11-2014, 08:52 AM

I hate that app. It does fine but I hate the interface. I set it up when I was building my site and after using it... I hate it.

That being said it works fine and is a wonderful addition Ole SLH will love it.

EDIT:.. looks like SLH hates it as well. Still plenty of folks like it and it is a great addition.

lka
02-11-2014, 08:57 AM
Thanks for letting me know. At any rate, if it gets abused, I'll deal with it, even if that means removing it for everyone. Hopefully, that won't happen.

Now that I'm using it, wait a couple days and run my IPs in the mcp, it will show me all over the country. I use an iPad with data while working, it's amazing how far away it dings towers, I'm in lake arrowhead (lka). I've noticed the registration ip is almost always The original ISp.

I love the application, no need to signin and get notifications. It's nice if your on the road a lot...

Old Ridge Runner
02-11-2014, 09:04 AM
People have been asking for it (now and then) for a long time. I don't have a smart phone - don't want one either. I just use a cheap Net10 phone cuz I only need it for in the car, hunting, etc. I don't care that much about yakkin' it up on the phone.

Anyway, we're giving it try, and as long as no one abuses it (there are some slack-ass security issues with it) we'll keep it.

Know what you mean. I have a Trac Fone because I just need basic phone when I am out so the ball and chain can keep tabs on me.

MoFo

Archer
02-11-2014, 09:12 AM
Know what you mean. I have a Trac Fone because I just need basic phone when I am out so the ball and chain can keep tabs on me.

MoFo

Ha! Mine is either lost, dead or at home charging...

I do not need a damn tracking device. The POS is for my convenience and no body else. I carry it when I leave town or when the kids are in school in case of emergency.

I do not text! I have a home phone... When I am at home I will talk to you otherwise I am away from home for a reason and that is that. Don't need no steenking phone to bother with when I am in a shop getting my geek on.

Irascible Crusader
02-11-2014, 09:26 AM

I do not need a damn tracking device. The POS is for my convenience and no body else. I carry it when I leave town or when the kids are in school in case of emergency.

I do not text! I have a home phone... When I am at home I will talk to you otherwise I am away from home for a reason and that is that. Don't need no steenking phone to bother with when I am in a shop getting my geek on.

You old fuddy-duddy! :p

Archer
02-11-2014, 09:31 AM
You old fuddy-duddy! :p

Nope just a realist. If I get a call while out it could be good or bad. It could be useful information or not... The reality of it is, no matter what, I am out doing something I want to do, have to do or I am trying to get away.

So the reality of it is I am just going to get distracted and pissed.

Irascible Crusader
02-11-2014, 09:40 AM
Nope just a realist. If I get a call while out it could be good or bad. It could be useful information or not... The reality of it is, no matter what, I am out doing something I want to do, have to do or I am trying to get away.

So the reality of it is I am just going to get distracted and pissed.

Have you ever smashed a cell phone to pieces in frustration? I have.

Archer
02-11-2014, 09:44 AM

Yeah! I had a brand new pre-smart phone (Pre android and iOS) and it dropped the signal tooooo often. I had just paid 300 bucks after replacing one I busted the antenna on... Smashed that sum bitch on a brick wall!

Canadianeye
02-11-2014, 09:56 AM

Been there. Done that, twice. Had my armed cocked just last week with my Iphone...and resisted.

Archer
02-11-2014, 10:00 AM
Been there. Done that, twice. Had my armed cocked just last week with my Iphone...and resisted.

My wife stopped me from throwing the Samsung out the window when the GPS failed... Yeah you need a freaking tower for it to work...

So I love my new Magellan with traffic updates... Sweet GPS and it freaking works... She uses it more than I do.

Irascible Crusader
02-11-2014, 10:26 AM

Yeah, those iPhones are way to valuable. I upgraded my iPhone and then sold the old one on Craigslist for $200.00

Cat
02-11-2014, 02:57 PM
I liked my old dumb phone. Mamma and Papa got me this iPhone for Christmas because it will fit with the internation calling plan for Straight Talk.

I used to pay $45 a month but now it's $60 for the new international unlimited so I can call them.

Uckk. I liked Skype better! Papa hates Skype, so guess who had this idea!!

I use the iPad for school. One of my classes is so boring that if I did have your new app on it, I would use it in there! I have my favorite political place on both laptops and my desktop, and I'm very happy.

Mordent
02-11-2014, 03:04 PM
People have been asking for it (now and then) for a long time. I don't have a smart phone - don't want one either. I just use a cheap Net10 phone cuz I only need it for in the car, hunting, etc. I don't care that much about yakkin' it up on the phone.

I still have a slider. Retro cool.

GreenEyedLady
02-11-2014, 04:16 PM
I use an android, and with several working Laptops and desk tops both at home and work, I rarely use my phone, but when I have I haven't had a problem.

lka
02-11-2014, 07:06 PM
Yeah! I had a brand new pre-smart phone (Pre android and iOS) and it dropped the signal tooooo often. I had just paid 300 bucks after replacing one I busted the antenna on... Smashed that sum bitch on a brick wall!

Those are called dumb phones.

lka
02-11-2014, 07:08 PM
I still have a slider. Retro cool.

My mom has a pink razor, she refuses to go smart, I had to search the Internets to find her a replacement a few years ago lol..

countryboy
02-11-2014, 07:13 PM
My mom has a pink razor, she refuses to go smart, I had to search the Internets to find her a replacement a few years ago lol..
Razors were good phones. Great sound and signal strength. You know, back when we used to do stuff like make phone calls with our mobile phones. :rolleyes:

I think I have an old Razor in a junk drawer somewhere. :grin:

Old Ridge Runner
02-12-2014, 06:03 AM

You'd be surprised how many times I conveniently forget to take mine.

MoFo

Archer
02-12-2014, 08:08 AM
Those are called dumb phones.

Actually it could do everything a smart is supposed to do; email, web, tv, a few games...