User Tag List

Thread: Jimmy Kimmel reveals the price hes paid for being a political hack

Loves to push buttons V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 88.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Jimmy Kimmel reveals the price hes paid for being a political hack

In the April issue of O magazine, Kimmel unburdened himself to Oprah Winfrey:

I dont know if it was scary, but it was uncomfortable, and its not something I looked forward to, he admits. I definitely felt a sense of relief when it was over. Kimmel notes that his candidness did have a downfall. According to polls Ive seen, it has cost me commercially. Thats not ideal, but I wouldnt change anything I said.

I know my job is, for the most part, to entertain people and make them laugh. That said, if I can be selfish every once in a while and talk about something serious thats important to me, then I do want to take that opportunity, Kimmel tells Winfrey. But I dont want to abuse my position. I pick my battles. Ninety percent of the time, Ill joke around, but some of the jokes, I hope, make people think.

http://www.etonline.com/jimmy-kimmel...inkId=49114569

Hope youve got your tiny violin handy youre gonna need it to play a sad song for Kimmel

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Crunch For This Useful Post:

Beachcomber (03-13-2018)

Senior Member Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 15.0%

Thanks
    Up north, we say "It couldn't happen to a nicer guy." Down south, we say "Well bless his little heart."

The good thing about being a grumpy old man is that I no longer even pay attention to whiny entertainers. There are like a bazillion channels on my satellite dish, and with this new remote thingy, I don't even have to leave the couch.

I'm a pretty good electrician. Plumbing, not so much. I've learned to stick to what I am good at, and leave the plumbing to the plumbers.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dinosaur For This Useful Post:

Daily Bread (03-13-2018)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 55.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    In the April issue of O magazine, Kimmel unburdened himself to Oprah Winfrey:

“I don’t know if it was scary, but it was uncomfortable, and it’s not something I looked forward to,” he admits. “I definitely felt a sense of relief when it was over.” Kimmel notes that his candidness did have a downfall. “According to polls I’ve seen, it has cost me commercially. That’s not ideal, but I wouldn’t change anything I said.”

“I know my job is, for the most part, to entertain people and make them laugh. That said, if I can be selfish every once in a while and talk about something serious that’s important to me, then I do want to take that opportunity,” Kimmel tells Winfrey. “But I don’t want to abuse my position. I pick my battles. Ninety percent of the time, I’ll joke around, but some of the jokes, I hope, make people think.”

http://www.etonline.com/jimmy-kimmel...inkId=49114569

Hope you’ve got your tiny violin handy … you’re gonna need it to play a sad song for Kimmel
    His job is, PERIOD, to entertain people by acting like a circus monkey.

He is not expected to be intelligent, and he has shown that he is not when he alienated all the normal people in the country with his fascist tirades.
    Freedom Takes "I Won't". - Eric Frank Russell

Trump has been President for 537 days and Ruth Bader Ginzberg hasn't had the decency to die. What's up with that?

LBJ was a Democrat. I wish more Democrats could be like him. He's dead now.

VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 45.0%

Thanks
    The fall is farther and takes longer for those at a professional pinnacle, but self-Dixie-Chicking has predictable consequences.

Kimmel's effect on Trump's popularity is somewhere between zero and slightly increasing it.
    Journalism is about covering important stories. With a pillow, until they stop moving. - David Burge, Iowahawkblog

Think of the Press as Democratic Operatives with Bylines and it All Makes Sense - Glenn Reynolds, Instapundit blog

V.I.P V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 27.0%

Thanks
    Ninety percent of the time, I'll joke around, but some of the jokes, I hope, make people think.

They do make people think.......That your a liberal idiot.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Tex For This Useful Post:

memesofine (03-14-2018)

VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 45.0%

Thanks
    Kimmel need to retire for 5 years and watch 8 hours of classic comedy - Laurel and Hardy, Marx Brothers, The Three Stooges, Abbott and Costello, Red Skelton, to name a few - to learn what funny is.
    Journalism is about covering important stories. With a pillow, until they stop moving. - David Burge, Iowahawkblog

Think of the Press as Democratic Operatives with Bylines and it All Makes Sense - Glenn Reynolds, Instapundit blog

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 18.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    He really thinks people give a crap about him? what a joke HIS JOB. his job is talking to some statue saying it's shouldn't have a penis but should be a dickless SLAVE eunuch like he is to freaking a POLITICAL CULT party: democommie

Fossil nut V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class3 months registered
    Awards:
    King of PublishingActivity Award
    Overall activity: 99.9%

Thanks
    My TV is next to my computer, it is mostly background noise that fails to register, Unless the view, him or that other guy comes on. Instant channel change, to Anything else.
    Yep, I'd wrap that in bacon!
    Report illegal aliens, call ICE @ 1-866-DHS-2ICE (347-2423)
    Battle flag of the 1st Florida Cavalry & 4th Florida Infantry
    Regiment (consolidated), captured near Murfreesboro,
    Tenn. on Dec 7 1864.

I propose the term "red henning" henceforth be used to refer to any stupid business decisions.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kris P Bacon For This Useful Post:

memesofine (03-13-2018)

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 18.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris P Bacon View Post
    My TV is next to my computer, it is mostly background noise that fails to register, Unless the view, him or that other guy comes on. Instant channel change, to Anything else.

the same for me. I'll tell you, I would hear that smug thug Obama's VOICE come on the tv, I'd run to the room from where I was in the house to shut it up. lol

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 85.0%

Thanks
    /shake my head......

I'm sorry, but, I really do not think I need advice on the proper treatment of women, from this guy:

Al Swearengen: What's your partner so mad about all the time?
    Sol Star: He's not mad.
    Al Swearengen: He's got a mean way of being happy.

Thread Information