User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Liberals Keep Touting California as a success story in obamacare

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Matalese View Post
    This is very puzzling because to become a US citizen one must speak and read English. Yes?
    No.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1017939

In theory there are exemptions. In practice it doesn't matter at all.

In actual practice, children that are born here may not speak English. If their parents don't, they are taught by spanish speaking teachers from spanish text books, watch spanish language television, listen to spanish radio, live in an entirely spanish speaking neighborhood, there's no reason to learn to speak English.
    Last edited by Katzndogz; 12-06-2013 at 11:21 AM.

Banned Achievements:
    Social3 months registeredYour first GroupRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Overall activity: 52.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Katzndogz View Post
    No.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1017939

In theory there are exemptions. In practice it doesn't matter at all.

In actual practice, children that are born here may not speak English. If their parents don't, they are taught by spanish speaking teachers from spanish text books, watch spanish language television, listen to spanish radio, live in an entirely spanish speaking neighborhood, there's no reason to learn to speak English.
    Spanish and English are remarkably similar. You just add "o" to the end of any English word and it becomes Spanish.

Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 66.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Perianne View Post

Spanish and English are remarkably similar. You just add "o" to the end of any English word and it becomes Spanish.
    And I wonder if that had anything to do with modern Spanish taking so many words from the English language......

Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 66.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Matalese View Post

This is very puzzling because to become a US citizen one must speak and read English. Yes?

That notion is about as cute as a kitten dressed as Santa!

First of all the new wave of illegals no longer care about US Citizenship other than handouts at the end of the rainbow. Negative consequences no longer exists in California for being illegal (undocumented). Quite the reverse.

And while I have noticed some of the kids do speak very good English as taught in school, the parents don't give a damn. They speak to their children in Spanish and get insulted when not catered to in Spanish, be it private business or public.

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Thanks
    Pretty soon, the Chinese are going to own CA anyway, so who cares?

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHeadKen View Post
    I did. My insurance is going up 30%, I get about 10% less coverage. The good news for me is that what I will pay in premiums remains roughly the same. The extra 30% will be subsidized by the taxpayers.
    Here is the way that works.

A person who was paying his own insurance premiums cost the taxpayers nothing. Now the premiums are so high that the person who used to make their own payment now needs taxpayer help to make those payments. Because the taxpayer now needs help, increasing the obligation of the taxpayer, taxes need to be raised. Now the taxpayer who used to make his own insurance payment gets his taxes raised so the government can afford to subsidize the payment the government makes for him.

Senior Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupTagger Second ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks

A person who was paying his own insurance premiums cost the taxpayers nothing. Now the premiums are so high that the person who used to make their own payment now needs taxpayer help to make those payments. Because the taxpayer now needs help, increasing the obligation of the taxpayer, taxes need to be raised. Now the taxpayer who used to make his own insurance payment gets his taxes raised so the government can afford to subsidize the payment the government makes for him.
    And some people (my wife) get no fucking subsidies, I can not get on her insurance and we still move on and nothing changes for us. Glad I live in a state that did not sign up for this shit so I can not be fined.

Created Album picturesSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks

Yep. And, the administrative cost of collecting taxes so that they can go to the general treasury where they are then allocated, by Congress, to insurance company payments is going to mean that it takes about 50-75% *more* money collected than is paid to those insurance companies.
    The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
    -Albert Camus

Away for a while.

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Thanks
    They can tout it all they want the truth is the Dr.s in CA are boycotting.
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-1...cott-obamacare

Created Album picturesSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    I had some good conversations with a healthcare "insurance" broker this weekend. He's move into Covered California, received all the training, and is horribly frustrated. The entire system is a fraud. They've been submitting applications since the beginning of October, and the state has just, in the last few weeks, figured out that they need to hire people to do the data entry. The website shuts down every day at 10pm and on several weekends. Healthplan brokers, who take care of their customers and help them navigate the system are treated like dirt by the bureaucrats in charge or treated as if they don't exist.

The system is an absolute mess for those who are self-employed. The subsidies and costs are all designed for people who don't change jobs and who earn a steady income that changes by only slight amounts. When applying for a health plan (using the term "insurance" is fraudulent), one must give their 2014 income and if it's wrong at the end of 2014, there can be some significant liabilities. This affects self-employed people the most, as their income can be erratic, and it also effects young people who transition from a low paying career into a higher paying one such as when moving from intern to full time or college to business.

These people, who care about their customers and know the ins and outs of insurance are going to be out of business by March. They will find other sorts of work, but what about the people who have real questions and issues with their healthcare and the only people they now have to turn to is the state hotline? They'll be about as helpful, and as efficient, as the DMV.

The solace for me is that I think this is going to have a major effect on politics over the next 2 years. People are either going to be very angry, and vote Democrats and a lot of Republicans out, or we'll finally find out just how sheep-like the populace has become.
    The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
    -Albert Camus

Away for a while.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BleedingHeadKen For This Useful Post:

usfan (12-20-2013)

Thread Information