Overall activity: 36.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
    second base...

They're Rodents.

Definitely "I Don't Know, on third".
    Freedom Takes "I Won't". - Eric Frank Russell

Trump has been President for 300 days and Ruth Bader Ginzberg hasn't had the decency to die. What's up with that?

The Judge wants to destroy all the election records, BEFORE the Alabama Senate election even happened. Nothing fishy there, right?

Why isn't Sessions prosecuting election fraud?

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by freethinker View Post
    I assume that "there's another" refers to water vapor. The amount of moisture in the atmosphere is determined by temperature so that makes water vapor a positive feedback. Carbon dioxide has a very long residence time and that is what makes it so important.

You are obviously not aware that H2O is more efficient a heat trap (asymmetry rules) and there's at least 1000 times as much H2O by volume in the air.

That wasn't a question.

Doesn't matter what it's "residence time" is when the H2O is always being replenished from vast inexhaustible reservoirs.

How many times were you informed, on this thread alone, that the oceans aren't rising at the rates the AGW lunatics claim?

What makes CO2 so important is that government's can tax it and AGW barons can make billions off the scam.

And easily led people need to have a religion that scares them.

Enter the AGW Hoax.

You're not going to deny that it's a proven hoax, are you?

Without carbon dioxide and methane the earth would be a frozen planet and the amount of moisture in the atmosphere would be quite low.
    Yeah, back when the Sun was a pup the entire planet froze over. Iceball Earth, look it up.

Guess what? The Industrial Revolution dumped enough CO2 into the air and the planet melted.

Oh.

That doesn't make any sense.

But you felt good seeing it, didn't you?

Want to know something else? Something really important?

The Sun isn't a baby any more. It's even past puberty, unlike most Hillary voters.

The Sun is much hotter than it was three gyears ago.

It caused some global warming.

Water vapor accounts for much more of the greenhouse effect than carbon dioxide but carbon dioxide is a more important greenhouse gas because of its long residence time.
    Yeah, that last part isn't true.

You are aware that the Earth was much warmer in the early Holocene, aren't you?

You are aware that the Earth was much warmer in EVERY glacial interstadial period, aren't you?

You are aware that there are more polar bears now than before, even with the goons in Chicago hunting them?
    Last edited by Sled Dog; 02-13-2018 at 12:15 AM.

Trump has been President for 300 days and Ruth Bader Ginzberg hasn't had the decency to die. What's up with that?

The Judge wants to destroy all the election records, BEFORE the Alabama Senate election even happened. Nothing fishy there, right?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sled Dog For This Useful Post:

JustPassinThru (02-13-2018)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I see you admit to a warming trend that has been in process for 360 years. In another thread on global warming that I started you said, "What warming?". I assumed you were joking then.
    Nope.

I meant "what warming influenced by human action?"

The correct answer is that human activity has not influenced global mean temperatures.

I could spend some time to research what things climate scientists got right and present that case but would anyone in this forum care?
    No. When we want to discuss fantasy we go to the Literature Forum. Which we don't have.

Increasing levels of humidity, increasing drought in some parts of the world, increased and more severe flooding events, more powerful hurricanes, rising surface temperatures, increased ocean temperatures, increased tropopause height, cooling of the stratosphere, polar amplification of global warming, rising sea levels, and a weakening of the Gulf stream (thermohaline circulation) are some predictions I can think of without doing any research.
    Wow, you boosted the stock of Kool-Aid Corp by a couple of points, didn't you?

There haven't been "increasing levels of humidity". Relative humidity NEVER goes over 100%.

Yeah, there's been some desertification. Guess what? That's perfectly normal for interstadial periods.

It's called "climate change". That's a natural process that has NEVER stopped.

Fancy that.

Flooding hasn't been "more severe" than in the past. Just ask the people that saw the Baltic fill up. And damn, the Mediterranean used to be a desert, too.

And hurricanes haven't been any stronger, either. In fact, we just went through a streak of what, 12 years with no major hurricane land fall in the US?

You're just a regular fountain of terrorized frantic Earth Hugging propaganda, aren't ya?

You do know the sea levels aren't rising, don't you? You've been told that many times on this thread alone.

I can't think of any scientific organization that hasn't endorsed anthropomorphic global warming.
    I can't think of any SCIENTIFIC organization that has.

The UN has promoted The Cause.

That says all that needs to be said.

Hey, @ChemEngineer! We've got a live one here.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly Paper View Post
    Have a read @Rickity Plumber it explains the sea rising measurements.

Florida's Sea Level Has Risen 8 Inches - Sea Level Rise
    Yep.

Clearly the Atlantic is rising.

The Pacific isn't. I live here.

So how long will it be before the Atlantic overflows it's banks and we can start catching Atlantic ocean perch in Santa Monica?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly Paper View Post
    Florida are spending $4bn on flood solutions due to sea levels so it's up to you if you wish to believe the nonsense or not. If sea rises and increased floodings doesn't support your beliefs, then of course what's happening is nonsense to you. Calling it nonsense doesn't make it go away.

Florida's Sea Level Has Risen 8 Inches - Sea Level Rise

Floriduh! is spending billions on flood control because there's hundreds of billions of dollars of assets now built along the coast line, assets that require protection from ....statistically normal hurricane events....

...ain't got nothing to do with imaginary sea level rises....

...it's the insurance companies demanding this.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sooda View Post
    Sea level rise will affect the whole Carolina coast, coastal Georgia, Mobile, Biloxi, NOLA. I suppose you could dredge sand and build up the beaches, but that is costly and temporary.

The United States has submarines.

When things get critical we'll just send a crew down to pull the plug.

Overall activity: 4.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sled Dog View Post
    Nope.

I meant "what warming influenced by human action?"

The correct answer is that human activity has not influenced global mean temperatures.
    Hey, @ChemEngineer! We've got a live one here.
    You didn't say how much the global mean surface temperature has warmed. Do you accept 1 degree C. or slightly more of warming since 1750? How much warming has there been since 1950?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    You didn't say how much the global mean surface temperature has warmed. Do you accept 1 degree C. or slightly more of warming since 1750? How much warming has there been since 1950?

OMG!

How much of the warming has been due to human activity.

That fraction can be described with a simple integer.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sled Dog View Post
    OMG!

How much of the warming has been due to human activity.

That fraction can be described with a simple integer.
    I didn't ask how much of the warming is due to human activity. You are avoiding the question - for good reason.

I don't take you seriously. You are an entertainer.

Thanks
    There is a water vapor window in the earth's emission spectrum between 7.5 micrometers and 20 micrometers where much of the earth's radiation avoids absorption by water vapor. Carbon
    dioxide absorbs quite a bit of radiation within the 12 micrometer to 16 micrometer range which is near the peak of the curve. Carbon dioxide accounts for anywhere between 9% and 26% of the greenhouse effect. Water vapor absorbs nearly all of the heat at wavelengths less than 7.5 micrometers and above20 micrometers. There is some overlap in absorption between water vapor and other greenhouse gases within the water vapor window and that is why there isn't an exact number for heat absorption by any particular greenhouse gas. Water vapor accounts for 0.3% of the atmospheric mass compared to 0.06% for carbon dioxide. I got those figures from the realclimate.org article, "Water Vapor: feedback or forcing?"
    There is a table in that article that shows the radiative importance of each greenhouse gas and carbon dioxide absorbs 26% of the earth's outgoing energy with water vapor, clouds, and all other greenhouse gases removed. Removing carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and leaving the rest of the atmosphere intact results in 9% less radiation absorbed. This was done using radiation source code.
    Last edited by freethinker; 02-13-2018 at 04:21 PM.

Thread Information