User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789

Thread: If all the ice melted

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 34.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for almost twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly Paper View Post
    Because roads and defences are being built higher.
    Roads and de fences?

Games People Play V.I.P
    Overall activity: 33.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by freethinker View Post
    Did you read the article, "It's Water Vapor, Not the CO2"? That article actually debunks that talking point and agrees with my post from Science magazine. In the first paragraph

it states, "However, water vapor does not control the earth's temperature, but is instead controlled by the temperature". In the second paragraph it states, "The greenhouse

effect that has maintained the Earth's temperature . . . is controlled by non-condensable gases, mainly carbon dioxide".
    That's neither fact nor opinion.

It's the writer's ASSERTION. Unproven.

A greenhouse gas is going to act as a greenhouse gas. Water vapor or carbon dioxide.

To pretend there are differences that are not proven, is "FEEDING THE NARRATIVE."
    Going Dark.

The Internet is changing, as our society is changing. Honesty and serious discussion are the first casualties.

I will have no more name-calling, shadow-banning, or other abuse. The Web has been liberalized. It is becoming useless for honest conversation.

Latest Blog post

Overall activity: 7.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    That's neither fact nor opinion.

It's the writer's ASSERTION. Unproven.

A greenhouse gas is going to act as a greenhouse gas. Water vapor or carbon dioxide.

To pretend there are differences that are not proven, is "FEEDING THE NARRATIVE."
    There is a difference between a greenhouse gas with a long residence time like carbon dioxide and one that is temperature dependent like water vapor; a very big difference. Did you read either one of the articles?

This is very basic climate science that is easy to understand. The differences are proven.

Thanks
    What would happen if carbon dioxide and methane behaved like water vapor; similar temperature dependent phase transitions into liquid or solid states? The earth would be frozen. That is what both articles stated. Why is this controversial?
    Last edited by freethinker; 02-15-2018 at 07:45 PM.

Overall activity: 19.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    If water and methane vapor froze the atmosphere then we can only conclude God was finally fed up with Democrats.

Games People Play V.I.P

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    There is a difference between a greenhouse gas with a long residence time like carbon dioxide and one that is temperature dependent like water vapor; a very big difference. Did you read either one of the articles?

This is very basic climate science that is easy to understand. The differences are proven.
    I don't know what you're talking about.

I don't think you do, either.

Ever read of Alan Sokal? He did a fake paper filled with buzzwords, which passed peer-review and got published...when he pulled out the background. The nascent SJW movement just LUUVED all the shibboleths and assertions of socially-relevant data...but what it was, was gibberish.

The Glowbull Warmers have been smarting since Roy Spencer and other true-science meterologists pointed out the infinestimal amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, compared to the OTHER greenhouse gas, water vapor.
    Going Dark.

The Internet is changing, as our society is changing. Honesty and serious discussion are the first casualties.

I will have no more name-calling, shadow-banning, or other abuse. The Web has been liberalized. It is becoming useless for honest conversation.

Latest Blog post

is sticky stuff.
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    Roads and de fences?
    "Florida Is Spending Over $4 Billion On Solutions

In low lying places, roads have been raised, seawalls and pumping systems have been installed, and fresh water wells have been relocated. Some cities have sufficient resources to deal with this problem while others do not. We will need solutions at the individual, local, state, and federal levels to protect our coastal communities."

Defences as in - seawalls, pumping systems.

Americans probably spell it Defense.
    As soon as you are born, you are given a name, a religion, a nationality and race.

You spend the rest of your life defending a fictional identity

Alumni Member

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly Paper View Post
    "Florida Is Spending Over $4 Billion On Solutions

In low lying places, roads have been raised, seawalls and pumping systems have been installed, and fresh water wells have been relocated. Some cities have sufficient resources to deal with this problem while others do not. We will need solutions at the individual, local, state, and federal levels to protect our coastal communities."

Defences as in - seawalls, pumping systems.

Americans probably spell it Defense.
    NOLA had serious flooding from Hurricane Katrina. So they spent untold millions on new seawalls, dikes, and pumps. They claimed they could now pump out the entire Gulf of Mexico in 10 minutes.

Then last year they had a hard rain, that's all just a hard rain. NOLA flooded. NOW they say it will take 17 hours just to pump out the rain water.

That is the type claims politicians give and the results taxpayers get for their millions of tax dollars.

"SOLUTIONS" often turn out to be $4 billion of graft and ONE stinking sand bag.
    #BlackLIESMatter---Martin Luther King Jr. was a REPUBLICAN!

I VOTED FOR THE PRESIDENT!

Political Correctness is HATE SPEECH!

THE GREATEST DANGER TO THE USA IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dan40 For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about.

I don't think you do, either.

Ever read of Alan Sokal? He did a fake paper filled with buzzwords, which passed peer-review and got published...when he pulled out the background. The nascent SJW movement just LUUVED all the shibboleths and assertions of socially-relevant data...but what it was, was gibberish.

The Glowbull Warmers have been smarting since Roy Spencer and other true-science meterologists pointed out the infinestimal amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, compared to the OTHER greenhouse gas, water vapor.

I read about Alan Sokal in Skeptic magazine many years ago. He is a critic of social science academics and postmodernism. As far as I know he isn't a critic of climate science.

I studied atmospheric science in college 40 years ago and I have been reading scientific articles written by mainstream climate scientists for the last 17 years on and off and on basis. So the concepts are easy for me to grasp.

One thing that I pointed out in a previous post was that carbon dioxide absorbs strongly near the peak (highest energy point) of the earth's blackbody emission spectrum and water vapor absorbs in some portions of that that

region so there is an overlap but carbon dioxide is dominant there. The wavelengths that greenhouse gases absorb photons are a very important consideration and water vapor does not absorb at every wavelength in
    the earth's blackbody spectrum. The trace greenhouse gases absorb at some wavelengths that water vapor does not absorb. The effects of concentrations of water vapor and carbon dioxide are not linear with concentration

because their concentrations are high. Carbon dioxide's effects vary logarithmically with concentration. Water vapor also does not have anything close to a linear absorption versus concentration function. The energy

absorbed by carbon dioxide and other trace greenhouse effects have been measured using an instrument called IRIS (infrared interferometer spectrometer). Also, as I mentioned in a previous post, carbon dioxide's

role as a greenhouse gas has been determined from removing it from an atmospheric model of the earth and by removing all other greenhouse gases except carbon dioxide from the model.

In the article from Science magazine about CO2 being the control knob, an experiment was done using a climate model that involved removing all the non-condensing greenhouse gases from the earth and

observing what would happen. After 50 years the average temperature of the earth was -21 degrees C. Water vapor was at 10% of its current value and sea ice extent went from 4.7% to 46%.

Games People Play V.I.P

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I read about Alan Sokal in Skeptic magazine many years ago. He is a critic of social science academics and postmodernism. As far as I know he isn't a critic of climate science.

I studied atmospheric science in college 40 years ago and I have been reading scientific articles written by mainstream climate scientists for the last 17 years on and off and on basis. So the concepts are easy for me to grasp.

One thing that I pointed out in a previous post was that carbon dioxide absorbs strongly near the peak (highest energy point) of the earth's blackbody emission spectrum and water vapor absorbs in some portions of that that

region so there is an overlap but carbon dioxide is dominant there. The wavelengths that greenhouse gases absorb photons are a very important consideration and water vapor does not absorb at every wavelength in
    the earth's blackbody spectrum. The trace greenhouse gases absorb at some wavelengths that water vapor does not absorb. The effects of concentrations of water vapor and carbon dioxide are not linear with concentration

because their concentrations are high. Carbon dioxide's effects vary logarithmically with concentration. Water vapor also does not have anything close to a linear absorption versus concentration function. The energy

absorbed by carbon dioxide and other trace greenhouse effects have been measured using an instrument called IRIS (infrared interferometer spectrometer). Also, as I mentioned in a previous post, carbon dioxide's

role as a greenhouse gas has been determined from removing it from an atmospheric model of the earth and by removing all other greenhouse gases except carbon dioxide from the model.

In the article from Science magazine about CO2 being the control knob, an experiment was done using a climate model that involved removing all the non-condensing greenhouse gases from the earth and

observing what would happen. After 50 years the average temperature of the earth was -21 degrees C. Water vapor was at 10% of its current value and sea ice extent went from 4.7% to 46%.
    Unable to extrapolate, roger.

Limited to parroting back the Talking Points...uncritically; cut-and-pasted...roger.

No critical-thinking skills.

Roger.
    Going Dark.

Latest Blog post

Thread Information