User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tech Barons Now Main Threat to Freedom, Not Federal Government

Overall activity: 99.8%

Thanks

Tech Barons Now Main Threat to Freedom, Not Federal Government

In a recent interview with former Google Engineer James Damore, Fox News host Tucker Carlson stated that the biggest threat to freedom is no longer the federal government, but large tech companies like Google.

In an interview with Fox News host Tucker Carlson, James Damore discussed the class action lawsuit that he has brought against his former employer, Google. During the interview, Tucker discussed the memo Damore authored that resulted in his firing from the company, his treatment as a conservative in Silicon Valley, and the PC culture that has taken hold in tech firms across the world.

During the interview, Tucker made an insightful analysis saying, “now if you’re conservative, it might be difficult to get your head around what is happening in this country, so much has changed. But here’s the bottom line, the federal government is no longer the main threat to your privacy and to your freedoms, you’ve grown up thinking that, it’s no longer true. Big corporations are the main threat to your freedom and your privacy. The government doesn’t own your private emails — Google does.”

“Federal employees can’t be fired for their political views, private sector employees are all the time. The Trump administration can’t end your ability to publicly communicate your ideas, Twitter and Facebook can do that and they do it all the time. The Orwellian future is increasingly the Orwellian present and tech barons are becoming our new commissars, liberals who once stood up for free expression and opposition to concentrations of corporate power have been thoroughly co-opted, they’re getting rich from it.”

Tucker’s statement was made at around three minutes into the video below:

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/01/10/tucker-tech-barons-now-main-threat-to-freedom-not-federal-government/

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Molly Pitcher For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (01-13-2018),Quark (01-12-2018)

Alumni Member V.I.P
    Overall activity: 43.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Guess I always knew that Big Money was the real threat in this country or any country to freedom and liberty.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Quark For This Useful Post:

Molly Pitcher (01-12-2018)

V.I.P. V.I.P
    Overall activity: 32.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    Guess I always knew that Big Money was the real threat in this country or any country to freedom and liberty.
    It's not just their money - which is 'big' - but the fact that Americans rely on the companies technology and that puts the 'tech barons' in a very powerful position.

Jim
    Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.” - William F. Buckley, Jr.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jim Scott For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (01-12-2018),Molly Pitcher (01-12-2018)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 30.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for almost twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I disagree. Business will never challenge the government as the bad guy. I can quit doing business with Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Comcast, whoever. I cannot quit doing business with the federal government without going to jail or being shot. Ask Randy Weaver what happens if you try to live without the government.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (01-13-2018)

Overall activity: 5.0%

Thanks
    Presumably, the answer to much of this is for a conservative organization to create a search engine, web hosting service and social media that would not censor any content that is legal. I await this development.
    Tonya Harding is Lee Harvey Oswald
    http://www.cloud29.us/tonya.html

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert Urbanek For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (01-13-2018)

Overall activity: 10.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly Pitcher View Post

In a recent interview with former Google Engineer James Damore, Fox News host Tucker Carlson stated that the biggest threat to freedom is no longer the federal government, but large tech companies like Google.

In an interview with Fox News host Tucker Carlson, James Damore discussed the class action lawsuit that he has brought against his former employer, Google. During the interview, Tucker discussed the memo Damore authored that resulted in his firing from the company, his treatment as a conservative in Silicon Valley, and the PC culture that has taken hold in tech firms across the world.

During the interview, Tucker made an insightful analysis saying, “now if you’re conservative, it might be difficult to get your head around what is happening in this country, so much has changed. But here’s the bottom line, the federal government is no longer the main threat to your privacy and to your freedoms, you’ve grown up thinking that, it’s no longer true. Big corporations are the main threat to your freedom and your privacy. The government doesn’t own your private emails — Google does.”

“Federal employees can’t be fired for their political views, private sector employees are all the time. The Trump administration can’t end your ability to publicly communicate your ideas, Twitter and Facebook can do that and they do it all the time. The Orwellian future is increasingly the Orwellian present and tech barons are becoming our new commissars, liberals who once stood up for free expression and opposition to concentrations of corporate power have been thoroughly co-opted, they’re getting rich from it.”

Tucker’s statement was made at around three minutes into the video below:

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/01/10/tucker-tech-barons-now-main-threat-to-freedom-not-federal-government/

I don't have to deal with social media and I don't. But I do have to deal with government.

Overall activity: 5.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    I disagree. Business will never challenge the government as the bad guy. I can quit doing business with Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Comcast, whoever. I cannot quit doing business with the federal government without going to jail or being shot. Ask Randy Weaver what happens if you try to live without the government.
    You realize, don't you, that if you quit doing business with the tech giants, you won't be able to post anything on the internet? How soon do you plan to stop doing business with them? Do you want to say goodbye now?
    Tonya Harding is Lee Harvey Oswald
    http://www.cloud29.us/tonya.html

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert Urbanek For This Useful Post:

Molly Pitcher (01-13-2018)

Oaxaca, Mexico, for almost twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Urbanek View Post
    You realize, don't you, that if you quit doing business with the tech giants, you won't be able to post anything on the internet? How soon do you plan to stop doing business with them? Do you want to say goodbye now?
    You do realize that makes no sense. With businesses, tech giants or not, I have choice. They have competition. I quit using Google Search when it became a shill for leftists. I never was baptized as an Apple devotee. My IPS for the internet is Telmex but I have some other choices.

Now, if you decide to quit doing business with the U.S. government, what happens?

Overall activity: 72.0%

Thanks
    That's partly true. The choices in processors are pretty much Intel or AMD. The choices in magnetic or optical storage drives are all huge corporations (and, dirty little secret time, I believe they all buy their motors from one company). Chipsets, Memory ICs and flash memory ICs? Big companies again. You can find small-medium sized system builders, but they're buying the same processors, memory, drives and MB fabbing as Dell or HP or ???.

OS choices might include some somewhat smaller vendors. One can obtain MS Office compatible programs from at least one source, free. There are browser alternatives to IE, Edge (blech!) and Chrome (I use Waterfox, a branch off of Firefox). I find Duck Duck Go adequate for my usage.
    Journalism is about covering important stories. With a pillow, until they stop moving. - David Burge, Iowahawkblog

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Presumably, the answer to much of this is for a conservative organization to create a search engine, web hosting service and social media that would not censor any content that is legal. I await this development.
    I'm not surprised. I use Ixquick as a search engine but there's a lot of them out there. I didn't know what a web hosting service was so I looked.
    The Best Web Hosting Services of 2018 | PCMag.com
    Now, perhaps you can tell me which of those web hosting services are liberal?
    As for social media, it's a concept I don't get. I have friends I meet with, have coffee, and chat. But, every week I hear of "social media" that I've never heard of.

Now, what competition does the government have? The Post Office comes to mind. When I lived in Colorado, a private mailbox business opened across the street from the main post office. They did a thriving business with customers who didn't want to put up with the government run, union dominated nonsense across the street. And, the U.S. Postal Service get a billion dollars a year subsidy in spite of laws protecting them from competition.

Not only are there no competitors for most of the government but monopolies are only allowed with government partnerships. Or, is it a criminal conspiracy?

Sorry, Robert, but the business world is much less threatening than the business world.

What happened when the telephone/government monopoly folded?

Which are the bigger threat to the internet, the tech giants or the government?

And, giants in business. They come and they go. Governments go when they've destroyed the country.

Thread Information