User Tag List

Thread: Heirs To Pamphlets

Overall activity: 30.0%

Thanks

Heirs To Pamphlets

Senator Lee correctly sees the government as the bigger threat:

VIDEO ▼

Sen. Lee: Big tech companies ruining our freedom, privacy | On Air Videos | Fox News

Google, Facebook, et al. engage in censorship; so Tucker Carlson’s concerned are well-founded, but I am surprised that Senator Lee never mentioned the government’s first priority:

This guy drew a blueprint for abolishing freedom of speech long before Google piled on:

Just prior to his appointment as President Obama’s so-called regulatory czar, Cass Sunstein wrote a lengthy academic paper suggesting the government should “infiltrate” social network websites, chat rooms and message boards. Such “cognitive infiltration,” Sunstein argued, should be used to enforce a U.S. government ban on “conspiracy theorizing.”

Obama czar proposed government ‘infiltrate’ social network sites
    Sunstein wants agents to 'undermine' talk in chat rooms, message boards
    Published: 01/12/2012 at 10:56 PM
    by Aaron Klein

Obama czar proposed government social network sites

A lot of Americans see political message boards as the legitimate heir to pamphlets of olde whether or not they post messages or simply read.

Social Media Failed The Pap Smear

In fact, Google censors message boards. For years most of my messages were Googled. I do not know how they get there, or who puts them up. A small percentage of my threads were NOT Googled —— I assume those threads were being censored for political reasons.

NOTE: Message board monitors censored threads on every board I posted on by moving them to someone else’s thread or deleting them altogether. In effect, those titles never got a chance to be Googled.

Incidentally, some years ago I came across a “conservative” board that claimed all opinions were welcomed, etc. I signed up and eventually posted my first thread. Within hours the thread was deleted and I was barred for life. I still get a kick out of that one.

Finally, Senator Lee is one of the good guys. I hoped he would he take a run at the White House in 2016, or even run on the ticket with Ted Cruz had he, Cruz, won the nomination.

Last edited by Flanders; 01-11-2018 at 04:23 AM.
    FLANDERS

The basic test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do than in what we are free not to do. It is the freedom to refrain, withdraw and abstain which makes a totalitarian regime impossible. Eric Hoffer

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flanders For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (01-11-2018),usfan (01-11-2018)

Thread Information