User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Serious air gun

Banned
    Overall activity: 63.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickity Plumber View Post
    whut?
    That's what I thought. I just assumed alcohol was involved.

The Last Free American V.I.P
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly Paper View Post
    That's what I thought. I just assumed alcohol was involved.
    I assumed he was talking to your signature line..

..gone and forgotten..

Fossil nut V.I.P
    Overall activity: 99.8%

Thanks
    Another good thing about them is that you can easily cast bullets. A 40-60 dollar mold= projectiles for life. I cast .457 round ball for my cap n ball BP revolvers. 100 cast lead ball cost 20$ Make 200 lead ball and the mold pays for itself.P1010054 (1).JPG
    Yep, I'd wrap that in bacon!
    Report illegal aliens, call ICE @ 1-866-DHS-2ICE (347-2423)

To find out who rules over you, just find out who you can't criticize - Voltaire

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kris P Bacon For This Useful Post:

usfan (01-14-2018)

Overall activity: 13.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hallenbeck View Post
    CZ , Remington and a few other make rifles that can shoot .22 Short. That would be the route I would go.

22 Shorts are not loud at all ; you most likely would have to be with in fifty yards or so to even hear it.

22 rifles are just good "All around " guns. 22 Magnum rifles are great for in the woods and self defense. Carry a 22 rifle ( Long Rifle ) and a 22 magnum handgun ; or a 22 magnum rifle and a 22 long rifle pistol.

Ive known people to kill deer with .22 Magnum Rifles.

Rehash the rifle / pistol debate ; and air rifles and .22 caliber rifles & pistols is discussed over and over ; and 9 times out of 10 ---- the same comments are made. Its like someone is looking for someone to differ their opinion on a topic that was discussed just weeks or months ago.

Firearms. Same caliber and topic of discussion is started , that just recently occurred. Most everybody wants on the survival & personal defense bandwagon.

What is the best survival weapon ( people ask ). For me - it would depend on where I was. Appalachian Mountains, the Pacific Northwest ( ohhhhhh ) , the southwest desert, the plains, or the "Corn belt". There is no Elk and Mule Deer in the Virginia / DC area. Pacific Northwest has varing game that is not found in the South East US. Texas and some surrounding areas are littered with Rattle Snakes.

So my choice of weapons would be different.

But I will say that the .22 Magnum and 22 Long Rifle.....Rifle - is probably the most "Common" versatile / coupled with a .44 Mag / .45 Long Colt / .357 Revolver ; OR a good .45 ACP.

Shotguns and shot and slug rounds would be versatile - coupled with a good revolver or Auto ( 10mm / .45 ACP ) handgun.

I'll take the Pacific Northwest in a "Bad Day" event. My 20 gauge shotgun with slugs ( Big Game ) and shot rounds ( small game )..... and a good Glock 10mm ( 180 grain bullet ) would suit me fine. Hide among the fir and pine trees. Make a good camouflaged shelter, find a "Game Area" about 1/2 to 3/4 a mile away from my sleeping and living site ---- live off the land. Use my high speed / low drag - battery operated portable radio scanner to listen to the Military and local yokels. As long as I had some tobacco and a handgun.....I would be content.

Well......at least someone can dream !

Joe Hallenbeck :
    I don't care what anyone says. You can't go wrong with a good Bowie knife. It's completely silent, requires no ammo, and it will take down anything you get close to. One guy even killed a Grizzly with it. The bear seriously messed him up, but he survived. I'm not aware of any gun that will take down a Grizzly, unless it's a big freakin' gun that no one wants to carry around. Take a gun with you, of course. But when the ammo runs out, what ya gonna do? Another alternative is a heavy crossbow. You can also kill a Grizzly with this, but make sure you're elevated somewhere the bear can't get to, 'cause it will come after you. No. A tree is a bad idea. Preferably, you should be on a small cliff or something like that. Also, you can easily make your own ammo for a crossbow.
    “Never in our country’s history has a generation been so empowered, so wealthy, so privileged—and yet so empty.” Ben Shapiro

The Last Free American V.I.P
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bombastic View Post
    I don't care what anyone says. You can't go wrong with a good Bowie knife. It's completely silent, requires no ammo, and it will take down anything you get close to. One guy even killed a Grizzly with it. The bear seriously messed him up, but he survived. I'm not aware of any gun that will take down a Grizzly, unless it's a big freakin' gun that no one wants to carry around. Take a gun with you, of course. But when the ammo runs out, what ya gonna do? Another alternative is a heavy crossbow. You can also kill a Grizzly with this, but make sure you're elevated somewhere the bear can't get to, 'cause it will come after you. No. A tree is a bad idea. Preferably, you should be on a small cliff or something like that. Also, you can easily make your own ammo for a crossbow.
    I'm all for a good knife, but I think I'll hang on to my guns..
    ..gone and forgotten..

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to usfan For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (01-25-2018),Kris P Bacon (01-14-2018)

Overall activity: 13.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by usfan View Post
    I'm all for a good knife, but I think I'll hang on to my guns..
    I didn't say you should replace your gun with a knife. I simply stated that it's a good back-up. Another good item is a combat tomahawk. It's a weapon, but you can also chop wood with it. Pretty handy. You can also use it as a ranged weapon if you practice throwing it. BTW, Our military carries tomahawks. This is what they use.

“Never in our country’s history has a generation been so empowered, so wealthy, so privileged—and yet so empty.” Ben Shapiro

Scan - Search - Aquire V.I.P
    Overall activity: 35.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bombastic View Post
    I didn't say you should replace your gun with a knife. I simply stated that it's a good back-up. Another good item is a combat tomahawk. It's a weapon, but you can also chop wood with it. Pretty handy. You can also use it as a ranged weapon if you practice throwing it. BTW, Our military carries tomahawks. This is what they use.

Play Football outside your house with relatives ----- this is to judge how tough and fast you are ; but don't get any lying or cheating relatives who like to give the opposing line a ten yard penalty for no reason.

Joe :
    "Are you really trying to escape?"

--- John McClain "Live Free or Die Hard"

Thread Information