User Tag List

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314

Thread: Waking Up from Religion . . .

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 32.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightkore View Post
    There are a LOT of persecutions. Persecutions of Hillary supporters against Trumpers. Persecutions of liberals against conservatives. Persecutions of all sorts. Some turn out to be true. Some turn out to be not true. However:

Romans 5:6-8 Expanded Bible (EXB)

6 [L For] When we were ·unable to help ourselves [L still helpless/weak], at the ·right [or appointed] time, Christ died for ·us sinners [L the ungodly/wicked]. 7 ·Very few people will [or Rarely/Scarcely will anyone] die for a ·righteous [just; pious] person. Although perhaps for a ·good [truly good; noble] person someone might possibly die [C the “righteous” person may be someone who is outwardly religious, while the “good” person is genuinely generous and loving]. 8 But God ·shows [demonstrates; proves] his ·great [L own] love for us in this way: Christ died for us while we were still sinners.

{This is why we count it JOY to be persecuted. Jesus first loved us enough to die for us.}
    Well then. That explains why he said Christians thrive on persecution.
    The Progressives have become full blown NAZIs, to thwart a Hitler that doesn't exist...since that is the only way they can express, and self justify, their fascism.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Canadianeye For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (12-19-2017)

Senior Member Forum Donor
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadianeye View Post
    Would the flip side of that be...that a Christian could inspire others while suffering for their faith, leading those "others" to live better lives, helping people, self sacrificing etc?
    "Suffering for their faith"... by being kind and giving and sharing? How wrong can you possibly be.

"Give and it shall be given unto you, good measure, pressed down and shaken together and running over. For with the same measure ye mete withal, it shall be measured unto you."

"Go from the presence of a foolish man."

"Answer not a fool according to his folly."

"Wisdom exceedeth folly as far as light excelleth darkness."

There is much wisdom in Scriptures, and it has brought happiness to billions of people. Christians are happier than atheists.
    Christians are more loyal to their teachings than atheists. Ignore them as much as possible. They have nothing to contribute to any dialogue. I mean nothing.
    Send me. I'll go. - Isaiah 6:8
    "It is hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions than putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong." - Thomas Sowell

"The most refreshing thing you find in government is competence, because it is so rare." - Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ChemEngineer For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (12-19-2017)

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Overall activity: 39.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SharetheHedge View Post
    That wasn't YOUR point. You asked what harm could it possibly do you if you are wrong about what you believe? I gave an example.

You guys never admit it when you lose a point
    MY point was that living my faith wouldn't hurt me or the world. You assumed that "living" my faith would mean preaching it. I simply said "living" it. That means treating others as I wish to be treated; loving others as I love myself. Your example indicates that I might be persecuted for doing that. I went along with that but now you've pushed to the point of saying I am wrong when I am not. Your basic premise is flawed. By living a life that Christ said I should live, it would be odd for someone to persecute me for it. They may persecute for a lot of things, but not for being a loving person.

There are plenty of reasons we might be persecuted. If I have to get rid of all of those reasons so that I won't ever be persecuted - that's just stupid. If I have to be a mean-spirited person in order not to be persecuted - no thanks.

It's your basic premise that's flawed.
    I maintain that I should never be persecuted because I'm loving and nice and if I am, then so be it. I choose to be loving and nice anyway. Oh, and just one more thing........being loving and nice as Jesus directs does not equate to being a stupid doormat. Niceness is not weakness. Jesus wasn't weak and neither am I.
    Last edited by Jen; 12-19-2017 at 11:11 AM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

ChemEngineer (12-19-2017),gregonejeep (12-19-2017),Knightkore (12-19-2017),Quark (12-19-2017)

Alumni Member and VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 77.0%

Timey-Wimey Wibbly-Wobbly Blue Box Thingy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    MY point was that living my faith wouldn't hurt me or the world. You assumed that "living" my faith would mean preaching it. I simply said "living" it. That means treating others as I wish to be treated; loving others as I love myself. Your example indicates that I might be persecuted for doing that. I went along with that but now you've pushed to the point of saying I am wrong when I am not. Your basic premise is flawed. By living a life that Christ said I should live, nobody is going to persecute me for it. They may persecute for a lot of things, but not the way I live my life.

There are plenty of reasons we might be persecuted. If I have to get rid of all of those reasons so that I won't ever be persecuted - that's just stupid. If I have to be a mean-spirited person in order not to be persecuted - no thanks.

It's your basic premise that's flawed.
    I maintain that I should never be persecuted because I'm loving and nice and if I am, then so be it. I choose to be loving and nice anyway.
    "If I have to get rid of all of those reasons so that I won't ever be persecuted - that's just stupid."

Isn't this the essence of safe places for snowflakes?

Captain Cold: Make the plan, Execute the plan, Expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.
    Tommy Maitland:
    “Turn off your brain. We’re just here for funsies.”

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Knightkore For This Useful Post:

ChemEngineer (12-19-2017),gregonejeep (12-19-2017),Jen (12-19-2017),Quark (12-19-2017)

V.I.P. V.I.P

Thanks
    {This is why we count it JOY to be persecuted..}
    Your Welcome
    Last edited by Morning Star; 12-19-2017 at 11:27 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Morning Star For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (12-19-2017)

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 99.9%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
    1. Nothing
    2. No reason
    3. Back to nothing

Bothers you doesn't it?
    no. it bothers me for you.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

ChemEngineer (12-19-2017),Knightkore (12-19-2017)

Senior Member Forum Donor
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    "If I have to get rid of all of those reasons so that I won't ever be persecuted - that's just stupid."
    Isn't this the essence of safe places for snowflakes?
    Send me. I'll go. - Isaiah 6:8
    "It is hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions than putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong." - Thomas Sowell

"The most refreshing thing you find in government is competence, because it is so rare." - Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngineer View Post
    Agreed.
    The Progressives have become full blown NAZIs, to thwart a Hitler that doesn't exist...since that is the only way they can express, and self justify, their fascism.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Canadianeye For This Useful Post:

Quark (12-19-2017)

Thread Information