User Tag List

Thread: Google Blocks YouTube on Amazon Devices

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Thanks

Google Blocks YouTube on Amazon Devices

http://katc.com/story/37000824

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Google is pulling its popular YouTube video service from Amazon's Fire TV and Echo Show devices in an escalating feud that has caught consumers in the crossfire.

Google says the decision to block YouTube is retaliation for Amazon's refusal to sell some Google products that compete with Amazon gadgets. That includes Google's Chromecast streaming device, an alternative to Fire TV, and an internet-connected speaker called Home, which is trying to catch up to Amazon's market-leading Echo. Amazon's high-end Echo Show has a screen that can display video.

Google is hoping to pressure Amazon into selling Google's products.

Amazon also has rankled Google by declining to sell an internet-connected thermostat made by Nest, which is owned by Alphabet Inc., like Google.

Amazon didn't immediately respond to a request for comment Tuesday.

===============================================
    Real life Orwell.
    The battles have begun.
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 99.0%

Thanks
    Google is miserable. Their spell checker burps on words like "liberal". They do it just to annoy the conservatives.

Games People Play V.I.P
    Overall activity: 76.0%

Thanks
    Seems the tech companies think they're a combination of Thought Police and licensed to demand that the public buy their crap.

Elsewhere I documented how the Cupertino Fruit Company just "obsoleted" iPhone 5s and 6, with an iOS "improvement." No more using those with Uber or Amazon Affiliate paid-delivery.

So the poor schlubs (like me) who make less than minimum wage, get to rush out and buy new thousand-dollar iPhones or new $500 Google boogles.

I'm not seeing it. I'm seeing wholesale murder.

I'm seeing it in the offices of one of these goddamn thieving, manipulating "tech" companies.

I'm seeing myself doing it.

Overall activity: 48.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for almost twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I really don't care. If Amazon doesn't want to sell Google products that compete with Amazon products then Google is free to deny Amazon products to carry YouTube.

Games People Play V.I.P

Thanks
    Google also writes one of only two smartphone operating systems. The one that's increasing market share.

And having a smartphone is becoming more and more essential to just having a job.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I have been hearing a lot about this site for those wanting to ditch the commies censoring speech at Google, twitter, Facebook, etc
    https://gab.ai/

I will warn you there is very Strong language on this site. No censoring for sure. probably not for everyone
    Last edited by memesofine; 12-07-2017 at 07:00 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    get a load of this unbiased BS by the Guardian on the new site. Man the hate in the comment section drips. This article is so filled with hate on it's own it's sickening people eat this crap up

snip;
    Gab: alt-right's social media alternative attracts users banned from Twitter

Thousands of people are reportedly on waitlist to join website that prominently features pro-Trump content, as founder insists Gab is not ‘Twitter for racists’
    Gab was founded in August, following the high-profile banning of Breitbart’s Milo Yiannopoulos from Twitter. Photograph: Screengrab

Gab: alt-right's social media alternative attracts users banned from Twitter

Thousands of people are reportedly on waitlist to join website that prominently features pro-Trump content, as founder insists Gab is not ‘Twitter for racists’

Jason Wilson

Scroll down the “popular” posts on Gab, the social network whose logo is not a blue bird, but a Pepe frog, and you’ll get a different take on the election.

The service was founded in August, following the high-profile banning of Breitbart’s Milo Yiannopoulos from Twitter for harassment. Looking like a cleanly designed hybrid of Twitter and Reddit, it allows users to post updates without character limits, with memes, links and gifs. It appears to have had an influx of users in recent days.

Those who have been able to get in – reportedly the service currently has tens of thousands of people on its waiting list – will see that many of the most read and upvoted content comes from alt-right accounts that have long since been bounced from Twitter. As a result, spending time on Gab feels like hanging out with exiled ghosts. (wow, Id rather hang out with ghost than with this nasty pos pretending to be a human being writing this nasty article)
    Self-described “free speech activist” and alt-right influencer(good grief) @ricky_vaughn99 was kicked off Twitter weeks back. A series of attempted resurrections with alternative accounts also failed. But he is alive and well on Gab.
    He got lots of upvotes when he gabbed:

all of it here:Gab: alt-right's social media alternative attracts users banned from Twitter | Media | The Guardian

Overall activity: 99.0%

Thanks
    Google is so full of shit...

The top story they've been running in their recommended news list for 2 days now, is about Matt Lauer.

One story says he's eating in a restaurant, the other story says he's playing golf.

I mean, who the fuck cares?

Who gives even a tiny, diminutive little turd about Matt Lauer?

This is what Google calls "news", though.

They're no better than the National Enquirer.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nonsqtr For This Useful Post:

JustPassinThru (12-07-2017)

Games People Play V.I.P

Thanks
    That's why I ignore it.

That, and these antisocial "social media" sites.

Thread Information