User Tag List

Thread: Taliban Special Forces Commander killed

Senior Member V.I.P
    Overall activity: 90.0%

Thanks

Taliban Special Forces Commander killed

Why were these Taliban armed to the teeth with the best arms of the USA? Night vision goggles, really? How much did Obama have to do with it?

Mullah Shah Wali killed by Afghan forces

• Reuters reports that Afghan forces killed Mullah Shah Wali, the commander of the Taliban’s “Red Unit” special forces, along side of a suicide bomber and two other commanders in Helmand Province last week.

Wali became the commander of the Taliban’s “Red Unit” as well as deputy shadow governor of Helmand province three years ago and was directly involved in Taliban offensives, the statement said.
    The “Red Unit” is thought to be equipped with advanced weapons, including night vision scopes, 82mm rockets, heavy machine guns and U.S.-made assault rifles, according to the Afghan military.
    “Special forces” means different things in different countries and to the media which gets it’s military background information from Rambo and Chuck Norris movies.
    "The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history." George Orwelll

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Dummy For This Useful Post:

texmaster (12-03-2017)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 64.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dummy View Post

Why were these Taliban armed to the teeth with the best arms of the USA? Night vision goggles, really? How much did Obama have to do with it?

Mullah Shah Wali killed by Afghan forces

• Reuters reports that Afghan forces killed Mullah Shah Wali, the commander of the Taliban’s “Red Unit” special forces, along side of a suicide bomber and two other commanders in Helmand Province last week.

Wali became the commander of the Taliban’s “Red Unit” as well as deputy shadow governor of Helmand province three years ago and was directly involved in Taliban offensives, the statement said.
    The “Red Unit” is thought to be equipped with advanced weapons, including night vision scopes, 82mm rockets, heavy machine guns and U.S.-made assault rifles, according to the Afghan military.
    “Special forces” means different things in different countries and to the media which gets it’s military background information from Rambo and Chuck Norris movies.
    You mean like the dreaded (according to CNN at the time) "Republican Guard" of Iran during the 1st Gulf War? If I remember correctly, these "elite units" were waiting for the America/coalition forces and the streets would run red with blood.

Didn't this "elite" force surrender in droves? Complete battalions of Saddam's Guard would throw the white flag at the first sighting of a Hummer. Yep, remember it well.
    Originally Posted by sooda
    "You are an internet expert, Rickety".

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rickity Plumber For This Useful Post:

Old Ridge Runner (12-04-2017)

Senior Member V.I.P

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickity Plumber View Post
    You mean like the dreaded (according to CNN at the time) "Republican Guard" of Iran during the 1st Gulf War? If I remember correctly, these "elite units" were waiting for the America/coalition forces and the streets would run red with blood.

Didn't this "elite" force surrender in droves? Complete battalions of Saddam's Guard would throw the white flag at the first sighting of a Hummer. Yep, remember it well.
    My focus is on how these Taliban are equipped with the best American gear and weapons.
    "The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history." George Orwelll

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Dummy For This Useful Post:

Old Ridge Runner (12-04-2017)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 64.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dummy View Post
    My focus is on how these Taliban are equipped with the best American gear and weapons.
    Yes, how does ones enemy get the weapons and gear that the US military has?

And I "misspoke". I said Iran in my post when I meant to say Iraq.

You say tomato and I say tomatoe.
    Originally Posted by sooda
    "You are an internet expert, Rickety".

Senior Member V.I.P

Thanks
    Yes, how does ones enemy get the weapons and gear that the US military has?

And I "misspoke". I said Iran in my post when I meant to say Iraq.

You say tomato and I say tomatoe.
    The Taliban gets our weapons in 3 ways I can think of.

One) Pakistan gives them from USA mil aid and steals it it from our militaries Conex boxes that ship through Pakistan.

Two) Afghan troops the USA equips, desert with their gear or leave it behind when they run after making contact with the enemy. Or the afghan troops we equip are outright Taliban in disguise and walk off with our goods.

Three) they kill our guys and take the stuff.

Or or even a combination of all three.
    Last edited by Big Dummy; 12-04-2017 at 09:31 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Big Dummy For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (12-04-2017),Rickity Plumber (12-05-2017)

Alumni Member
    Overall activity: 47.0%

Thanks

I think Saddam's regular army surrendered in droves. The Republican Guard ran. Many were killed on the "Highway of Death," as they were running north.
    #BlackLIESMatter---Martin Luther King Jr. was a REPUBLICAN!

I VOTED FOR THE PRESIDENT!

Political Correctness is HATE SPEECH!

THE GREATEST DANGER TO THE USA IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dan40 For This Useful Post:

Rickity Plumber (12-05-2017)

English, thus superior Forum Donor
    Overall activity: 54.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan40 View Post
    I think Saddam's regular army surrendered in droves. The Republican Guard ran. Many were killed on the "Highway of Death," as they were running north.
    The camel fanciers can have what kit they like....nothing beats an armed drone with infra red targeting equipment.
    A gentleman never insults unintentionally.

Thread Information