Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UK gun surrender event

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom-Cruise View Post
    The hungerford massacre finished gun ownership in the UK

The Hungerford massacre was a series of random shootings in Hungerford, Berkshire, United Kingdom, on 19 August 1987, when Michael Robert Ryan, an unemployed antique dealer and handyman, fatally shot 16 people, including a police officer, before taking his own life. The shootings, committed using a handgun and two semi-automatic rifles, occurred at several locations, including a school he had once attended. 15 other people were also shot but survived. No firm motive for the killings has ever been established, although one psychologist has theorised Ryan's motive for the massacre had been a form of "anger and contempt for the ordinary life" around him.

Hungerford massacre - Wikipedia

i just watched a documentary about the mass shooter in oslo, norway...he killed 77 people, mostly kids in his shooting spree...he holds the worlds record for that...
    and he got sentenced to 22 years....lets see,,,22 divided by 77 = 0.285 years per person killed...
    "The nose, knows"

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks
    A mass murderer responsible for killing 77 people in Norway just won ...

https://www.aol.com/article/2016/04/20/a-mass-murderer...for.../21347311/

Apr 20, 2016 - During his 2011 killing spree, Breivik detonated a bomb in Oslo and then went on ashooting spree on a nearby island in which dozens of teenagers at a camp were killed. Breivik claimed during his initial trail in 2012 that he was "a military commander in the Norwegian resistance movement and Knights ...
    "The nose, knows"

English, thus superior Forum Donor
    Overall activity: 54.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Firearms (Amendment) Act 1988 - Wikipedia

Read this link. It has saved lives.
    A gentleman never insults unintentionally.

Alumni Member V.I.P
    Overall activity: 30.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dummy View Post

The United Kingdom’s National Gun Surrender event is officially over, and the results from each county are slowly starting to trickle in.
    During the two-week weapons amnesty, which ran from November 13th through the 26th, the North Yorkshire Police collected 228 weapons – some of which are loosely defined – and a few odd items.
    Here’s the breakdown:
    Firearms
    • Three handguns
    • 51 shotguns
    • 74 replica / imitation handguns / air pistols
    • 34 air rifles
    • Four rifles
    • A replica Thompson submachine gun
    • A replica AK47
    • Two shotguns disguised as a walking stick
    • One antique firearm
    • One gun used in connection with animal slaughter
    Other non-firearm weapons
    • Eight ornamental swords
    • 46 knives (including basic household knives, hunting knives, ceremonial daggers)
    • One cross bow
    • One bayonet
    Other items handed in
    • Four flares
    • A fork
    Yes, you read that right. Someone actually handed in an eating utensil.
    So, forks, flares, cross bows, bayonets, swords and knives aside – none of which are illegal in the UK, or require a permit – the North Yorkshire police saw 172 firearms brought in. Take out replica and air guns and you’re really only left with 80 firearms. The results suddenly seem much less impressive.
    Of course, North Yorkshire Police Sergeant Dave France still considers the event a success.
    “We’re really pleased with the response we’ve had to this year’s surrender,” France said according to the official North Yorkshire Police website. “We’ve had 30% more firearms handed in this time around compared to our last surrender in 2014 and that doesn’t include the non-firearms that have been surrendered.”
    “Every weapon has the potential to fall into the wrong hands and have a devastating impact, even those that are overlooked and forgotten in people’s homes,” France added. “So it’s reassuring to know that 231 weapons are now off the street safely.”
    Apparently, France is now including the fork and two of those flares in his count.
    “Just one weapon off the streets is one less that can be used to harm or threaten our communities and has the potential to save a life,” he concluded.
    The problem is, these weapons likely weren’t taken off the street. They were probably pulled from people’s basements, attics and storage closets where other unwanted, unused items sit collecting dust. But this – the actual effectiveness of buybacks and amnesties in reducing crime – doesn’t appear to matter much to officials, and that’s why we’ll continue to see these events being held in both the UK and at home.

I bet not a single muslim turned in any weapons. With the possible exception of the fork. Which must have been a "fork you pigs" statement.
    I'm disappointed in the Brits, they didn't hand in their slingshots and cap guns.
    Humble yourself, for there is an enormous change coming.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Ridge Runner For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (12-09-2017)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 59.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom-Cruise View Post
    Firearms (Amendment) Act 1988 - Wikipedia

Read this link. It has saved lives.

No. It hasn't.

Unless you figure the Nazi confiscation of arms from the Jews saved ...Nazi lives.

People have a natural right, a human right, to own weapons for self-defense.

People have a natural right to harm, to kill, even, people invading their homes or accosting them on the streets, if those criminals intend to harm them or even merely rob them.

That's just the way it is in sane societies.
    Freedom Takes "I Won't". - Eric Frank Russell

Trump has been President for 280 days and Ruth Bader Ginzberg hasn't had the decency to die. What's up with that?

ONLY Roy Moore can keep the Senate out of Rodent control and KEEP that train of conservative Trump Judges on the Confirmation Highway.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 59.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
    A mass murderer responsible for killing 77 people in Norway just won ...

https://www.aol.com/article/2016/04/20/a-mass-murderer...for.../21347311/

Apr 20, 2016 - During his 2011 killing spree, Breivik detonated a bomb in Oslo and then went on ashooting spree on a nearby island in which dozens of teenagers at a camp were killed. Breivik claimed during his initial trail in 2012 that he was "a military commander in the Norwegian resistance movement and Knights ...

Let me guess. Norway came up with new bomb control laws because the old bomb control laws didn't work?
    Freedom Takes "I Won't". - Eric Frank Russell

Trump has been President for 280 days and Ruth Bader Ginzberg hasn't had the decency to die. What's up with that?

ONLY Roy Moore can keep the Senate out of Rodent control and KEEP that train of conservative Trump Judges on the Confirmation Highway.

Thread Information