User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Cops Paid Me A Visit, Today...

Alumni Member V.I.P
    Overall activity: 17.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cent View Post
    Okay. Not trying to give you a hard time, @Northern Rivers, but ya just gotta clarify my confusion here.

You say that all you need, in order to have a license for a gun, is to prove that you earn a living by shooting feral animals.
    How do you legally get the gun to shoot the feral animals, in the first place?

See my confusion?

Oh, but of course! But first you're going to have to clarify just who it is gets to judge proficiency. Then, define, "safely stored."
    Good questions...

First off...I imported these weapons from the USA when I moved here as a permanent resident:
    Ruger 10/22, SS/Carbon Fiber semi auto 12 gauge, SS/Carbon Fiber 30.06

There were no onerous gun laws at that time. once the new laws were enacted, they made me sell the gov't that shotgun. I lived on a sailing yacht at that time...and, a condo I bought...so I needed "sea safe" materials, hence the SS/CF weapons.

Next...I had to "legitimise" my need for the other weapons. That 30.06 was fine (4 in a clip, bolt action) because I had just bought a large pastoral property in the state of QLD...which is more rural and conservative than NSW where the boat and condo, were. QLD let me keep the 10/22 because I demonstrated that you need a quick shot weapon to kill feral pests...or else...you clip one...and it runs off before you can chamber, another.

Now...

I have to get a NSW license. The 10/22 will be problem...so...I need to present:

NSW Land Evaluation Cert (mine says "farmland")...a note from my CPA that says "I derive a taxable income from shooting feral pests"...I am the CEO of a large cattle concern. Even then, they might take it from me. I had that Ruger since 1975...so...it's also sentimental. Eh...I'll see.

Next...I am waiting for the NSW application to arrive. I can keep the weapons in QLD until that's approved. If the Ruger, isn't, I have to sell it to the gov't or get it rendered inoperable as a keepsake.

Safe storage: steel cabinet affixed to masonry. Interior must have a second, lockable section for the ammo.

So...cutting to the chase...The carpet was pulled out from under me...seeing as I already had the weapons. New owners...are different. They apply for a license. Criminal background check...complete a gun safety and gun use class...and show you can store them safely. Then, you are cleared to buy weapons in your category.

Confusing??? Yes. Do I like it??? No.

If you don't practice...you'll sound like it. And, if you don't tune, your life will sound like it, too. Listen to the intervals. That's where it all hides from you.....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (11-13-2017)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 88.0%

Thanks
    Thanks, @Northern Rivers. Clarified much.

If I had any firearms, (which, of course, I don't), it would seem irresponsible, and intolerant, to me, to store them behind locked doors, and worse, the ammo to go w/them, in a separate place.
    That's just not ...safe.

Still, thanks again for the clarification. There was a time when good ol' Ozzy was very tempting to visit, if not relocate altogether. That was long ago, I'm afraid.
    I've only had two beers in dog years.

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 2cent For This Useful Post:

Tom-Cruise (11-30-2017)

Alumni Member V.I.P

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cent View Post
    Thanks, @Northern Rivers. Clarified much.

If I had any firearms, (which, of course, I don't), it would seem irresponsible, and intolerant, to me, to store them behind locked doors, and worse, the ammo to go w/them, in a separate place.
    That's just not ...safe.

Still, thanks again for the clarification. There was a time when good ol' Ozzy was very tempting to visit, if not relocate altogether. That was long ago, I'm afraid.
    BTW: a Daisy .17 BB gun...is also registered.
    If you don't practice...you'll sound like it. And, if you don't tune, your life will sound like it, too. Listen to the intervals. That's where it all hides from you.....

Overall activity: 37.0%

Thanks
    The most ironic things is that law abiding citizens are forced to jump through hoops to obtain or keep a weapon, but the criminal does NOTHING, and no one is going after them - see: Chicago and the dozens of other Democrat controlled cites and states.

Consider that 65-70% of shootings are by illegal criminals, and all they worry about are the law abiding citizens! Go figure!
    Last edited by teeceenj; 11-15-2017 at 04:57 PM.

Games People Play V.I.P
    Overall activity: 74.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Rivers View Post
    So...seems it's the place to get proficient with crossbows, and with bows, and with Wrist Rockets and slingshots.

You probably know the roots of the Martial Arts - the Chinese emperors, one or more, demanded the peasantry be disarmed. Firearms not being introduced to China, yet...they of course meant bows, arrows, clubs.

So the men of the Chinese peasantry turned bodybuilding and street-fighting into an incredible science.

Seems that's the course we're all on, now...

Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Two coppers were just here...about my gun license. At the moment...my license is in Queensland and so are my guns. They want to know why I didn't transfer my licence to New South Wales...where I am, now...just across the border.
    Disgusting.

Police here in the US don't have time for such nonsense, as we're deluged in illegal alien street gangs.

Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    That's ridiculous.

English, thus superior Forum Donor
    Overall activity: 54.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickity Plumber View Post
    Mother in law sold ya out?
    Thatís despicable! Iíd have to get even with someone like that. (Non violent)
    A gentleman never insults unintentionally.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom-Cruise For This Useful Post:

Rickity Plumber (11-30-2017)

Overall activity: 5.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickity Plumber View Post
    About the time they come here and want to know where my guns are . . . well, we all know where that would go.
    they can have mine, hot end first of course

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie For This Useful Post:

Rickity Plumber (12-08-2017)

Alumni Member V.I.P

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Two coppers were just here...about my gun license. At the moment...my license is in Queensland and so are my guns. They want to know why I didn't transfer my licence to New South Wales...where I am, now...just across the border.

I explained that they are legally stored...and the weapons remain in QLD unless I need them out on the road, someplace...BECAUSE...I derive an income from shooting feral pests. I plan on changing all the details...but...cannot physically move the steel gun locker...and, since my sons aren't licensed...they can't do it for me.

"Why are they still at the QLD address if you are moving, here? Just move the cabinet and swap the license...""

I explained about the divorce...explained that 200 pounds is 200 hundred pounds...and lifted my shirt to show the Heart Circus scar, "Fellas, gimme a week or so...like those guns I found here in this ceiling and turned in." One cop said, "Yeah. You did call me on that..."

They were polite enough as soon as they got the facts. One cop said...as he was leaving...with an understanding smirk..."Your mother-in-law phoned us."

So, I'm supposed to swap my license and re-install the cabinet...and phone in for an inspection...........

There ya go, gun registration in Oz.
    UPDATE:

So long as my license is active...and...the guns are stored as per their regs in QLD...there's no problem. But...I am moving just across the State line...and will be swapping to NSW. They want me to get my guns to a dealer...pay for them to store it (including a Daisy BB gun I wanted Cher to borrow so she could blow her own brains, out)...get the NSW license...then, apply for each weapon to be put onto my license...THEN put them in the steel cabinet attached to the masonry wall in three places...meaning wall/wall/floor.

So???

I'm going to sell them to the gun dealer...then...get a clean license...then...get permission to buy a .223 bolt action. Here, in NSW...I need to show my Land Evaluation Certificate that shows "farmland" (I can)...show I derive an income from shooting feral pests for other people (I can)...and...get a hunting license, first.

Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!

Thread Information