User Tag List

Thread: one thing missing

V.I.P. V.I.P
    Overall activity: 22.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries

one thing missing

During our 5 days with no power I had forgotten to have a tobacco backup reserve. I know smoking is bad but there are many that use it and depend on it. The safe now has 2 cartons in reserve. They also can become a great trading tool.Even if you do not use I would advice having some on hand.
    Montana

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Montana For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (10-22-2017)

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Thanks
    A good capitalist will keep a roll of skoal and a carton (12) of Levi Garrett in the safe Too!
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HawkTheSlayer For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (11-13-2017),Montana (10-22-2017)

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Overall activity: 99.3%

Thanks
    That would take up space for ammo.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kodiak For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (10-22-2017),Montana (10-22-2017)

V.I.P. V.I.P
    Overall activity: 22.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    lol then get an extra can.
    Montana

Trained...or Untrained ?
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    During our 5 days with no power I had forgotten to have a tobacco backup reserve. I know smoking is bad but there are many that use it and depend on it. The safe now has 2 cartons in reserve. They also can become a great trading tool.Even if you do not use I would advice having some on hand.
    Don't forget to add some to your Go Bag also.

http://thepoliticsforums.com/threads/64106-quot-Go-Bags-quot

Joe :
    Last edited by Joe Hallenbeck; 10-22-2017 at 04:32 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe Hallenbeck For This Useful Post:

Montana (10-24-2017),Rickity Plumber (10-22-2017)

Alumni Member V.I.P
    Overall activity: 17.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I'm looking for a great off road "caravan". Terra Sportz - Nova Caravans

The 20-79R...with a lot of extras...$92K/Oz.....

A '17 Isuzu d-max, ute...$42K/Oz....

I'll start up a daily diary on the trip to, "who knows where". Need a nice metal detector for gold...and also need squaw.
    Last edited by Northern Rivers; 11-13-2017 at 04:26 AM.
    If you don't practice...you'll sound like it. And, if you don't tune, your life will sound like it, too. Listen to the intervals. That's where it all hides from you.....

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (11-13-2017),HawkTheSlayer (11-14-2017)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 62.0%

Thanks
    I kind of have to agree with you @Montana. Having some fags on hand would make a great barter/bargaining product.

Did I say fags? Well, that what they used to call cigs before fags meant queers.
    Originally Posted by sooda
    "You are an internet expert, Rickety".

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rickity Plumber For This Useful Post:

Montana (11-23-2017),Tom-Cruise (11-26-2017)

Games People Play V.I.P
    Overall activity: 74.0%

Thanks
    Waaaallll...cigarettes go stale with time.

And cigarattes, more so than cigars or pipe-cut tobacco, are a manufactured product. When TSHTF, you can kiss your cancer sticks goodbye...ain't gonna be no mo' no mo'.

Rather than hoard perishables, maybe you should invest in some vape equipment - that you can get your immediate jones as you wean yourself off in the New World Order, post-industry.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JustPassinThru For This Useful Post:

Tom-Cruise (11-26-2017)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 62.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    Waaaallll...cigarettes go stale with time.

And cigarattes, more so than cigars or pipe-cut tobacco, are a manufactured product. When TSHTF, you can kiss your cancer sticks goodbye...ain't gonna be no mo' no mo'.

Rather than hoard perishables, maybe you should invest in some vape equipment - that you can get your immediate jones as you wean yourself off in the New World Order, post-industry.
    That is great advice JPT. As usual, you have the most sensible options.

I think that if SHTF, the heavy smokers out there would not care where their next jones comes from nor how damn stale a year old pack of Marlboros are.

Case in point; Homeless who scour the ash tray containers at the local 7-11 or Walgreen store. They don't give a rat's ass how that butt tastes. A leper with aids and cold sores tosses a butt, the next bum that comes by will light that bitch up for a couple of drags of stale nasty nicotine.

Smokers without cigarettes will trade the only picture of their mother for a couple of cigs.

Some years ago there used to be an old man who would walk back and forth along a certain section of Airport Highway in Toledo. He was always looking down and grabbing the butts that were tossed by people at the traffic light there on the corner (Reynolds Rd & Airport Hwy). This was back in the day before standing with a piece of cardboard sign was fashionable.

Anyway, I smoked Marlboros back then and I would slow and toss a cig out for him where he would see it. After a while, I would honk and he knew it was me coming and would almost grab that cigarette out of the air after I tossed it his way. My shop was down the street on Airport Highway at a strip mall where the Original Hot Dog Johnnies was located (now a gyro place). This is a pic of that plaza.

Anywho, I guess I am saying that I could have rolled those Marlboros in my underwear and that old guy would still light 'em up to get his fix.

Just my argument stating that SHTF smokers will smoke anything . . .even those rolled in underwear.

Google Maps
    Originally Posted by sooda
    "You are an internet expert, Rickety".

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Rickity Plumber For This Useful Post:

Tom-Cruise (11-26-2017)

Games People Play V.I.P
    Overall activity: 74.0%

Thanks
    Ha! I think I mentioned that I took up smoking as a thief - hooking my old man's stash, since he bought multi-cartons and chain smoked.

I was about ten, eleven. I was popular with older kids (13 or so) because I could get the cigs.

Then my old man quit. And...like an alky who leaves a bottle of hooch in the house to test and tempt and train him...my old man left half a carton in his cigarette-stash corner.

My friends, were not happy. That meant they had to "swarm" the local driving range; three of them pestering the girl at the counter while one of them worked the cigarette machine. AND, they had to come up with the fifty-cents to BUY them.

But one day, about a year after The Pledge, I hooked a pack of those Salems. Oh, wow...smokes and friends! Yessss...

I had one. The taste was nasty, even for a cigarette. Didn't want to stay lit, either. Was there something WRONG with them?

"You idiot," one of my older "friends" told me. "Those things are stale as FUCK."

They were, too. Especially since they sat in the Ohio humidity all that time.

I have to wonder if those bums picking up butts, were doing it more by rote...their brains fried from cheap muscatel...then from any real pleasure from what that nasty used tobacco would give.

I dunno what I'd do, frankly. Cigarettes as trade goods are fine; but once we all adapt to the New Normal, smokers will understand that all cigarettes are old cigarettes and they go STALE.

I guess it comes down to a judgement call. The tipping point for me, is that nine-tenths of the price of cigarettes now is TAX. Hell with that. Vapes or nicotine gum; or pipe tobacco, even, might make a better choice.

If you do it, be sure to rotate your stock.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to JustPassinThru For This Useful Post:

Rickity Plumber (11-26-2017)

Thread Information