User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Is all rock music a path to the devil?

Alumni & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Highly moral music. He's asking.... not raping and promises not to hurt her.
    Last edited by QuaseMarco; 10-12-2017 at 12:34 PM.

"I've never witnessed such hatred for a man who is willing to work for free to make his beloved country a better place. It is pathological." James Woods

2. The Following User Says Thank You to QuaseMarco For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (10-12-2017)

I don't care anymore V.I.P
    Overall activity: 59.0%

Thanks

Paranoia -
    a tendency on the part of an individual or group toward excessive or irrational suspiciousness and distrustfulness of others

Stupidity and ignorance are not limited to only one political party or particular way of thinking.

I've never met an anti-Semite who thought they were anti-Semitic. Remember that the Nazis didn't see themselves as bad people. If don't like Jews or think Hitler was misunderstood, you are an idiot and can go screw yourself.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crunch For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (10-12-2017),pinqy (10-12-2017)

Alumni Member and VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Timey-Wimey Wibbly-Wobbly Blue Box Thingy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    THAT was one Bart's shining moments.

Here is a rocking remake of that:

Captain Cold: Make the plan, Execute the plan, Expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.
    Tommy Maitland:
    “Turn off your brain. We’re just here for funsies.”

V.I.P. V.I.P
    Overall activity: 35.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Tex View Post
    Is all rock music a path to the devil?

I guess that you have to figure that out for yourself. As for me:

I listened to rock music for years. And I ended up marrying the devils sister. (wink).
    I was asking it rhetorically to see if everyone else knew. I am sure of it, and I also think that he likes it when others blow off the satanic referances in music as "just their schtick", I think he likes that a lot.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenvoter For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (10-12-2017)

V.I.P. V.I.P

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    No, it isn't.
    Yeah but you're jewish, doesn't that make you a little biased? I mean you dont believe in the devil at all right?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenvoter For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (10-12-2017)

V.I.P. V.I.P

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightkore View Post
    Okay, singing about busting demons instead of killing cops & raping women is pointless? Okay. Sure. I'll stick with my music, thanks.

{Maybe more to your liking?}
    Yeah, that's why I liked triumph, they were always said to be Christian, but to me they were just always positive songs rather than the dark of metal and no doom and gloom lyrics, that to me I don't want to call easy listening hard rock but maybe it is, but definatly listenable song to song where the Christian music I am talking about always seems to have lyrics that revolve around "Oh heavenly father, I love you so much, you've seen me through dark storms, I love you I love you I love you".

And not that theres anything wrong with that from time to time but as a singular topic of the point of the song that's playing out and being sung, as well as regardless of genre, your going to get those type of worship lyrics rather than just plain old "heres a life event and I'm singing about it", I'm not sure if you know what I'm talking about.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenvoter For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (10-12-2017)

I don't care anymore V.I.P
    Overall activity: 59.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenvoter View Post
    Yeah but you're jewish, doesn't that make you a little biased? I mean you dont believe in the devil at all right?
    Yes and no.

I will try to explain the difference in simple terms.

Judaism does not believe in the devil, but we do believe in Satan. The word satan means "challenger", "difficulty", or "distraction". With the leading ha- to make haSatan, it refers to the challenger. This describes Satan as the angel who is the embodiment of man's challenges. HaSatan works for God. His job is to make choosing good over evil enough of a challenge so that it can be a meaningful choice. In other words, haSatan is an angel whose mission it is to add difficulty, challenges, and growth experiences to life. Contrast this to Christianity, which sees Satan as God's opponent. In Jewish thought, the idea that there exists anything capable of setting itself up as God's opponent would be considered overly polytheistic—you are setting up the devil to be a god or demigod.
    The notion of an angel having free will is alien to Judaism. Free will requires the tension created by being a soul dwelling in a body. People can have free will, angels can't. Angels cannot sin, they cannot fall. There is a debate over whether they lack the potential for free will, or whether they simply percieve reality too clearly to have any choices to make. But in any case, without the fence-straddling of the human condition, there is no free will. HaSatan acts as a servant of God, not as an opponent or even disobediant child.

Paranoia -
    a tendency on the part of an individual or group toward excessive or irrational suspiciousness and distrustfulness of others

Stupidity and ignorance are not limited to only one political party or particular way of thinking.

I've never met an anti-Semite who thought they were anti-Semitic. Remember that the Nazis didn't see themselves as bad people. If don't like Jews or think Hitler was misunderstood, you are an idiot and can go screw yourself.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crunch For This Useful Post:

Frankenvoter (10-12-2017),Knightkore (10-12-2017)

Overall activity: 19.0%

Thanks
    We cannot forget Britain's loudest rock band

"On what day did God create Spinal Tap, and couldn't He have rested on that day as well?"
    "It ain't bragging if you can do it." - Dizzy Dean

15. The Following User Says Thank You to pinqy For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (10-12-2017)

Alumni Member and VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Timey-Wimey Wibbly-Wobbly Blue Box Thingy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenvoter View Post
    Yeah, that's why I liked triumph, they were always said to be Christian, but to me they were just always positive songs rather than the dark of metal and no doom and gloom lyrics, that to me I don't want to call easy listening hard rock but maybe it is, but definatly listenable song to song where the Christian music I am talking about always seems to have lyrics that revolve around "Oh heavenly father, I love you so much, you've seen me through dark storms, I love you I love you I love you".

And not that theres anything wrong with that from time to time but as a singular topic of the point of the song that's playing out and being sung, as well as regardless of genre, your going to get those type of worship lyrics rather than just plain old "heres a life event and I'm singing about it", I'm not sure if you know what I'm talking about.

Yeah. I get it. Triumph is awesome. But I do get it. Some bands are a bit more preachy than others, some just try tell a story.

Captain Cold: Make the plan, Execute the plan, Expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.
    Tommy Maitland:
    “Turn off your brain. We’re just here for funsies.”

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Knightkore For This Useful Post:

Frankenvoter (10-12-2017)

V.I.P. V.I.P

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pinqy View Post
    We cannot forget Britain's loudest rock band

"On what day did God create Spinal Tap, and couldn't He have rested on that day as well?"
    Because there was no day #11. Not wanting to admit a mistake, he decided to keep things as is.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenvoter For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (10-12-2017)

Thread Information