User Tag List

Thread: 83 year old man tosses suspect off roof

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 43.0%

Thanks

83 year old man tosses suspect off roof

This is a great one. We have the usual chase suspect jumping from roof to roof, and in this case he landed on the wrong roof. Grandpa says, "I heard him up there, and I made up my mind, he was coming off one way or another", and he didn't want to go, so grandpa went up there and tossed him off the roof.

http://abc7.com/83-year-old-throws-m...ndoff/2410353/

The sheriff's department is "grateful to this citizen for getting involved".

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nonsqtr For This Useful Post:

Quark (09-13-2017),Rutabaga (09-13-2017)

Overall activity: 47.0%

Thanks
    Did Grandpa have a roof throwing permit? Was it his roof or was he trespassing on a neighbor's roof. He will probably be sued for excessive force by a senior citizen.
    Last edited by Dr. Felix Birdbiter; 09-13-2017 at 05:09 AM.
    "Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, superior minds discuss ideas"
    Eleanor Roosevelt

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Felix Birdbiter For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (09-13-2017),Karl (09-13-2017),nonsqtr (09-13-2017),Quark (09-13-2017),Rutabaga (09-13-2017)

Senior Member V.I.P
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks
    LA PUENTE, Calif. (KABC) --
    An elderly grandfather threw a man off his roof, ending an hours-long standoff in which the agitated suspect jumped from home to home in a La Puente neighborhood on Tuesday.

The suspect was on top of homes in the 14000 block of Beckner Street for hours, refusing commands from deputies and crisis negotiators asking him to come down.

Capt. Tim Murakami of the Industry sheriff's station said the standoff ended when 83-year-old homeowner Wilford Burgess "got tired of his games and pushed him off."

Burgess told Eyewitness News he was determined to get the man off of his home.

"You come to my house, you don't have to worry about him because I'll be all over it 'cause I'm going to load up," he said.

Burgess said he took his neighbor's ladder and told deputies he was climbing onto the roof.

"I said...'I'm going up on the roof, that sucker's coming off,'" he explained.

Meanwhile, his granddaughter, Ashley Wrenn, was recording the whole thing on video. She said she was thankful her grandfather was protecting his family.

After the big push, the suspect was taken into custody and was admitted to a hospital for a mental evaluation, sheriff's officials said.

As for Burgess, he said staying in shape is important to him in his 80s.

"I tell everybody, 'Just because you're old, that don't mean you got to sit down. As long as you're able to move, move,'" he said.

He added that his favorite workout is lifting the donations that people give to his church.
    "The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history." George Orwelll

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Dummy For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga (09-13-2017)

Overall activity: 24.0%

Thanks
    Thought it was gonna be some fag story yet again in the news. 83 year old man tosses suspect....
    The Progressives have become full blown NAZIs, to thwart a Hitler that doesn't exist...since that is the only way they can express, and self justify, their fascism.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Canadianeye For This Useful Post:

Frankenvoter (09-13-2017),Quark (09-13-2017)

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Overall activity: 99.4%

Thanks
    roofs are not designed to be walked around on,,it fucks up the shingles and can lead to leaks.

the homeowner should sue the trespasser for damages.
    "The nose, knows"

Overall activity: 47.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
    roofs are not designed to be walked around on,,it fucks up the shingles and can lead to leaks.

the homeowner should sue the trespasser for damages.
    Not to mention having to clean up the blood stains on his driveway
    "Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, superior minds discuss ideas"
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Thread Information