User Tag List

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there a message from God in the storms?

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 59.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for almost twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightkore View Post
    You impugn God because you don't understand the problem of suffering?
    I don't impugn any god, Knightlore. What's the point in impugning and imaginary being. I do impugn the people who demand that everyone worship their imaginary being. I impugn the motives of religion.

I not only understand suffering, Knightlore. I've watched parents praying for their child to live. I've hugged people who were suffering because I'd told them their child was dead. A young cop asked me how was a good way to deliver a death notice. "There is no good way. It's a death notice. Don't screw around, deliver the news, and be ready for the reaction."

Right now, I'm watching people who are suffering from the earthquake that destroyed Juchitan. My friend, Jacinta, waited to hear from her mother and her sisters. Finally, she got a cousin to drive her down there only to find they weren't allowing outsiders into the town. It wasn't safe.

I understand people who live in fear. Fear so deep they're driven to believe that magic, whether a god or a government, can protect them.

I also understand those who profit from the fear, profit from those who have to believe in magic. They're bastards.
    Last edited by patrickt; 09-13-2017 at 10:53 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

Quark (09-13-2017)

Alumni Member and VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Timey-Wimey Wibbly-Wobbly Blue Box Thingy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    I don't impugn any god, Knightlore. What's the point in impugning and imaginary being. I do impugn the people who demand that everyone worship their imaginary being. I impugn the motives of religion.

I not only understand suffering, Knightlore, but I understand people who live in fear. Fear so deep they're driven to believe that magic, whether a god or a government, can protect them.
    Um.....I certainly don't live in fear.....in fact:

Captain Cold: Make the plan, Execute the plan, Expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.
    Tommy Maitland:
    “Turn off your brain. We’re just here for funsies.”

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    2 Peter 3:3-4 Knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires. They will say, “Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation.”

i'm laughing. how 'bout y'all?
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 09-13-2017 at 11:36 AM.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Jim Scott (09-13-2017),Knightkore (09-13-2017),S-N-A-F-U (09-14-2017)

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator

Thanks
    Acts 13:41

“‘Look, you scoffers, be astounded and perish; for I am doing a work in your days, a work that you will not believe, even if one tells it to you.’”

FUN NEE

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Jen (09-13-2017),Knightkore (09-13-2017)

Alumni Member and VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Timey-Wimey Wibbly-Wobbly Blue Box Thingy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    Acts 13:41

“‘Look, you scoffers, be astounded and perish; for I am doing a work in your days, a work that you will not believe, even if one tells it to you.’”

FUN NEE
    Isn't it interesting? They fulfill prophecy & what the Bible says by their very stance & in turn PROVE the truth of the Bible & that God exists. That is why they are in modern ways picking up stones to "kill" us. Perhaps not physically but in other ways.

Captain Cold: Make the plan, Execute the plan, Expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.
    Tommy Maitland:
    “Turn off your brain. We’re just here for funsies.”

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Knightkore For This Useful Post:

Jen (09-13-2017)

:::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Overall activity: 11.0%

Thanks
    It's not "scoffing" if a FACT is being pointed out. Hurricanes, earthquakes and other natural phenomenon happened way before we came into the picture.

That is a FACT.
    Not "scoffing".

smh

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NuYawka For This Useful Post:

Quark (09-13-2017)

Overall activity: 83.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    I don't pretend to know it all I do know it all.

Seriously, it's not a question of knowing it all it's a question of understanding that these events are natural and have always happened and always will. The only reason humans create gods is because they are fearful of natural events they don't understand. Humans obviously can see the effect but the cause they don't understand so a invisible god must be the cause and if humans weren't so sinful god would not cause these awful events that have such devastating effects on us sinful humans.

A logical man accepts and understands the causes of these events and there effects. The causes he doesn't understand he chalks it up to not enough knowledge at present but figures at some point in the future he will understand the cause. But the one thing he does know is that these events are natural and probably not some god caused event and human sacrifices are not needed as they once were in the past.
    God does things to make people believe. I don't claim to know the bible front and back but I think it was Moses who he spoke to through a burning bush, someone got a talking to anyway. I am sure that person at the time was so amazed by what had just happened they had to run around and tell people what happened. What was their motivation? Were they stoned from the gas seeping out of the ground at that spot that static electricity just happened to spark into a flame and they thought they heard god speaking to them? I am sure as they told everyone around them at the time there were people who believed them, and Quarks who would start picking apart their vision.

When Jesus, who was a real person and not a myth, raised Lazarus from the dead and made believers out of the people there at the time, was it just a lucky break? I mean, Jesus knew he was on the spot and better be working some proof soon and it's just a good thing Lazarus was really in a major comatose from that puffer fish he ate too much of and ALMOST died from and so it was just a lucky break he woke up when Jesus told him to making believers out of the people who witnessed it even though there were people who started picking it apart and telling the belivers they didn't see what they just saw.

When Jesus himself came back from the dead, and from the most common agreements say that hundreds of people witnessed it, proving to them he was who he said he was and giving us all hope for life after death, they were so amazed and believed they built a religion around it that stands to this day even though at that time I'm sure there were people who weren't there to witness it even though heard about it the next year or so from uncle eebraheem who did see it and was a total believer I'm sure he heard, "you're full of shit, NO ONE comes back from the dead, it's a scientific fact man".

Some people need to see things for themselves and wont take anything on faith, from what people wrote down as accounts of what they had seen even though they will read something someone else wrote down in a newspaper and believe that. I definatly understand the scientific sceptacism to such a large claim.

I had a vision from Jesus on one of the darkest days of my life. It is too much type to get into to explain to you the position I was in but it is shorthand to say that God humbled me. I am positive that God takes everyone to a place where they have no one left to depend on or ask help from, except the ruler of this universe, the one who created you to begin with, the one who controls it all and the one you have been walking around giving the finger to at every opportunity. I'm not saying you do, I'm saying I did, and that anyone with that skeptical approach to God, an approach that includes ridicule of believers, might not like the terms of thier visit when it eventually comes.

I believe that Jesus dispels demonic spirits including their boss. He does that because He IS God, who walked as a human in order to see the world through our eyes and experience it the way we do. To understand our motivations better see why it is we do what we do. It's one thing to be up in heaven throwing down brimstone and "I told you not to do that...I told you not to do that!!" It's another thing to assume a human form and understand something like hunger first hand, which is why I see Jesus as a bit of a defense attorney. ""Your honor, I know that theft of bread is the same as murder in your eyes but let me tell you a little about hunger and why my client did what he did".

We are told to have faith, we are told theres a world beyond and that our actions here have consequenses there and we have to not indulge in all the pleasures of this world but the only thing we can see, is the edge of the cliff that keeps getting closer every day and makes us act out humanly and enjoy those indulgences just because. You know, eat, drink and be merry because tomorrow I have to die. It's that rub that we fight against and the enemy exploits.

I believe in Jesus. He dispels demon spirits. I was deep enough into it I was calling myself Luciferian before I even knew there was a Luciferian movement in deep positions of the power structure, it just kind of came to me, if you know what I mean. To me Anton Levay was a schlock Halloween act trying to get a finger in the eye of Christians which of course I was in agreement with but to me he was using the ruler of this world for his own wants and in a way that wasn't showing respect and so I wasn't going to associate myself with him but if anyone asked I'd tell them.

I thought I was stuck (I'm getting into this area where I was gonna try shorthand), I had made my bed and I fucked up it was my own fault everything. I had welcomed it in, that's always a big mistake. There's enough of it around you protection from it is the order of the day but to ask it in?

I am here to tell you, whether you want to believe me or not, Jesus is the ultimate power in the universe. Demons flee from him including their boss. They have no power over him and Jesus is the only antidote in those instances. He is our friend, even though the world presents him as our enemy He's the one who tells us we cant do what we want to do. Lucifer is our biggest enemy even though he is presented as our friend, the one who lets us do whatever we want to do (at a high price that is always hidden in the depths of the contract).

This video has a lot of war footage but I am sure there were deals made with MTV at the time to get it on the air. They are a Christian band and the lyrics are what are important to me.

.........as I listen to the sirens wailing....lights are flashing red, ringing in my head, I can hear them getting louder, LOUDER. There's a cause for alarm.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frankenvoter For This Useful Post:

Jim Scott (09-13-2017),Knightkore (09-13-2017)

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NuYawka View Post
    It's not "scoffing" if a FACT is being pointed out. Hurricanes, earthquakes and other natural phenomenon happened way before we came into the picture.

That is a FACT.
    Not "scoffing".

smh

actually before us...there was a void. and I don't believe that 'weather' happened...whether we are referencing such as hurricanes etc happened until after the fall of man. Because...a hurricane would not be perfect. I can't prove this other than using God's word...which you won't accept and you can't prove your claim because...well...you weren't there and you have no written record of anything...so...looks like we're at an impasse.
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 09-13-2017 at 01:52 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (09-13-2017)

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NuYawka View Post
    People are way too full of themselves. I would bet every single dollar of all my W2's from all the years I've worked and all the years I will work... that there were hurricanes and earthquakes here WAY before humans had ever walked the Earth, so give me a damn break with this shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuYawka

That is a FACT.
    Not "scoffing".

I don't know but some might qualify that as.....scoffing, not fact.
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 09-13-2017 at 01:50 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (09-13-2017)

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator

Thanks
    The message I see in Harvey. People will put aside their difference in spite of what the media tells us and help each other despite color of skin etc. That's what I see there. I see the media embarrassed in their claims of southern racism. Of course the media isn't...but we see it.

and in Irma, the message I see is that, God will do as he pleases, if he chooses to turn a storm from its man-determined path he will do it to show man that man is NOT in control and doesn't know everything.

The evil one is the prince of this world...it is his purview to bring on catastrophies. God allows it because man has chosen who he owes his allegiance. That doesn't mean that God does not control everything....see Job....not steve...the book of the bible.
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 09-13-2017 at 01:57 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (09-13-2017)

Thread Information