User Tag List

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112
Results 111 to 120 of 120

Thread: Two Degrees on the History Channel this Friday about CC

  1. #111
    Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Overall activity: 24.0%

    Rutabaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    19,337
    Thanks
    36,213
    Thanked: 19,517
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Quote Originally Posted by Oskar View Post
    You know when The Rush Limbaugh Show starts, do you?
    why dont you tell him since you brought him up and know when it starts...


    me?

    i listen to classical music...you know,,the kind with real instruments being played by real people...

    i imagine you prefer whats called "rap"...
    "The nose, knows"

  2. #112
    Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Overall activity: 24.0%

    Rutabaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    19,337
    Thanks
    36,213
    Thanked: 19,517
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Quote Originally Posted by RGV View Post
    Holy shit! I think you actually think there are more trees now than ever before.
    Attachment 24347
    The trees kind of like the CO2. It's people that kill them.

    and you think there are less trees in my country than 100 years ago...

    go to africa and tell them to stop making charcoal...
    "The nose, knows"

  3. #113
    Senior Member
    RGV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Arizona/Colorado
    Posts
    2,432
    Thanks
    343
    Thanked: 269
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Oskar View Post
    You know when The Rush Limbaugh Show starts, do you?
    Sure. He tells me what you guys are going to rant about in the morning.
    It's really more fun to watch him bounce up and down on TV.
    rush.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RGV; 09-22-2017 at 08:04 PM.

  4. #114
    Senior Member
    RGV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Arizona/Colorado
    Posts
    2,432
    Thanks
    343
    Thanked: 269
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
    and you think there are less trees in my country than 100 years ago...

    go to africa and tell them to stop making charcoal...
    Sheesh, You can't remember, @Iron can't remember.

    There are more trees now than there were 100 years ago and the Earth hasnt been greener than right now at any point after the last ice age. Shocker that vegetation thrives with more CO2 and longer growing seasons...but, you know, the earth is being destroyer or something.

    You would think we were talking about Russian trees.

  5. #115
    Senior Member
    Overall activity: 11.0%

    freethinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    115
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked: 37
    Rep Power
    429498
    http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/The_Gre...arming_Swindle

    The above website has an accurate appraisal of the false and many misleading claims made in that video.

  6. #116
    TRUMP IS THE WALL
    Overall activity: 9.0%

    Iron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,032
    Thanks
    413
    Thanked: 3,696
    Rep Power
    21474843
    Quote Originally Posted by RGV View Post
    Holy shit! I think you actually think there are more trees now than ever before.
    In the United States yes there is.
    Blessed be the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

  7. #117
    Senior Member
    Overall activity: 11.0%

    freethinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    115
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked: 37
    Rep Power
    429498
    I have examined the arguments made by skeptics and haven't found any of them to be very convincing. The skepticalscience website is a good place to examine the "skeptical" arguments.
    My start in researching climate science began because I wanted to know what the truth was regarding claims made by climate scientists, especially the claim that humans could cause the complete meltdown of Antarctica and Greenland by burning fossil fuels. I consider that an extraordinary claim. After reading an article in Scientific American by James Hansen I became convinced that this was possible. If the global average temperature stays above 3 degrees C. for a few hundred years there is a good chance that this would happen. Some people just laugh at this bold prediction but science often favors abstract thinking over "common sense". Global average temperatures translate to heat absorbed by the planet and if enough heat is absorbed Antarctica and Greenland will melt completely.

  8. #118
    Senior Member
    RGV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Arizona/Colorado
    Posts
    2,432
    Thanks
    343
    Thanked: 269
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron View Post
    In the United States yes there is.
    Then why in the hell didn't you say that?
    That's what I mean about your 1/2 truths.

    There are more trees now than there were 100 years ago and the Earth hasnt been greener than right now at any point after the last ice age. Shocker that vegetation thrives with more CO2 and longer growing seasons...but, you know, the earth is being destroyer or something.

    But no, you keep trying to defend a false statement.
    If you made an honest mistake I apologize.

  9. #119
    Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Overall activity: 24.0%

    Rutabaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    19,337
    Thanks
    36,213
    Thanked: 19,517
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Quote Originally Posted by freethinker View Post
    I have examined the arguments made by skeptics and haven't found any of them to be very convincing. The skepticalscience website is a good place to examine the "skeptical" arguments.
    My start in researching climate science began because I wanted to know what the truth was regarding claims made by climate scientists, especially the claim that humans could cause the complete meltdown of Antarctica and Greenland by burning fossil fuels. I consider that an extraordinary claim. After reading an article in Scientific American by James Hansen I became convinced that this was possible. If the global average temperature stays above 3 degrees C. for a few hundred years there is a good chance that this would happen. Some people just laugh at this bold prediction but science often favors abstract thinking over "common sense". Global average temperatures translate to heat absorbed by the planet and if enough heat is absorbed Antarctica and Greenland will melt completely.
    guess you best get busy then stopping it...

    chop, chop,,times a wasting...get on your high horse and go save the planet...

    i'll watch...in the mean time,,i hope you have done everything you can possibly do already to reduce your carbon footprint...you wouldnt want to be hypocritical now...

    go buy an led light bulb, they have them at the .99 cents store...
    "The nose, knows"

  10. #120
    TRUMP IS THE WALL
    Overall activity: 9.0%

    Iron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,032
    Thanks
    413
    Thanked: 3,696
    Rep Power
    21474843
    Quote Originally Posted by RGV View Post
    Then why in the hell didn't you say that?
    That's what I mean about your 1/2 truths.

    There are more trees now than there were 100 years ago and the Earth hasnt been greener than right now at any point after the last ice age. Shocker that vegetation thrives with more CO2 and longer growing seasons...but, you know, the earth is being destroyer or something.

    But no, you keep trying to defend a false statement.
    If you made an honest mistake I apologize.
    I specifically said there are more trees in the UNITED STATES on pages 9, 10, and now 12.
    Blessed be the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •