User Tag List

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Degrees on the History Channel this Friday about CC

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Overall activity: 67.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by keymanjim View Post
    If only we had some way of clearing that CO2 out of our atmosphere. Something that could take the CO2 and H2O, subject it to phonic radiation and change it to C6H12O6 and O2.
    Scientists really need to get working on such a device.
    they should invent trees...
    "The nose, knows"

Overall activity: 40.0%

Thanks
    1. The claims of Global Warming are not solely resting on computer models that do not deliver alarmist predictions without heavily tampered data (something totally anaethema to a real scientist) ...
    Selected and massaged. I understand using averaging algorithms to identify trends, but you do NOT overwrite the original data as the Brits did. Computer algorithms can pick data points and construct patterns that are not there in the full data set. One word for that is "aliasing" (the error is well enough known to have a name!).

And coral reefs come and go, dummy.
    in the early 1970s National Geographic magazine was sounding the alarm that the Great Barrier Reef was being wiped out by crown-of-thorns starfish. That's the same Great Barrier Reef Global Warming proponents claim is being wiped out by warmer sea temperatures. "Environmentalists" are professional wolf criers, and government programs pay them.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Traddles For This Useful Post:

Daily Bread (09-17-2017),Rutabaga (09-16-2017),usfan (09-16-2017)

RedheadAdmin V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 55.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbrian View Post
    There's really no point in debating it...the future is gloomy because of people like you, so just hang around for another 30 years and u can see it for yourself.
    Not if you've made up your mind. It's junk science not reality.

Attacking members here in your first post is not a good way to start.

We already have them...they are called TREES, and we are cutting them down to build supermarts and parking lots.
    America grows trees for a living. There are more trees here now than when the colonists arrived.
    Thank you for helping us provide great customer service
    CLICK HERE

Conservatism actually has some principals. -HayJenn

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:

Mainecoons (09-14-2017),Rutabaga (09-16-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
    Not if you've made up your mind. It's junk science not reality.

Attacking members here in your first post is not a good way to start.

America grows trees for a living. There are more trees here now than when the colonists arrived.
    Party pooper.

America has only 8% of the trees in the world. Canada, Russia and Brazil (where trees get free healthcare) have many more. But since we use the term global warming we should look at global trees. Many fewer.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 42.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ill-informed View Post
    I'll chime in. Follow the money. Scrutinize the terminology (climate change, global warming etc) Look at alternatives to the "American pollution is causing all this" rhetoric (such as graphs showing the relationship of the Sun's fluctuations and Earths temperatures). Consider the proven fraud by scientist and who benefits from it. Ask yourself if their are other solutions (if you believe their is a problem) other than destroying our economy and enriching other countries. Most "climate change deniers" are not evil, greedy, stupid people that want to destroy our planet. Most are people that think rationally and can see that much of this is a scam. I predict that the TV show in the OP will be sensationalized propaganda instead of an expose on the biggest scam in modern history. People hate to be told they were scammed. No money in that for a TV show.
    How pleasant to come across simple, plain, good old fashioned logic. The general idea was for us to be good stewards, not stupid stewards.
    I've only had two beers in dog years.

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cent View Post
    How pleasant to come across simple, plain, good old fashioned logic. The general idea was for us to be good stewards, not stupid stewards.
    gw.png

Thanks
    Well, I watched it.
    I think some of the things they forecast will probably happen, but overall I was very disappointed in it.

Overall activity: 83.0%

Thanks
    I watched it and found it informative "somewhat". But it was too apocalyptic for me, while they showed their futuristic apocalyptic scenarios = fear mongering. Let's just scare the folks in to agreeing with their scientific conclusions. I found the show was VERY short on hard climate data. For once, I would like to see a FACTUAL.... DATA based show on this topic of climate change.

The MASSIVE amount of info on the internet that can be found related to WHY there may be CC or NOT ...is mind boggling. Too complex for many to truly understand and for people with just my education level, it is damn near a moot point in trying to. So I think a lot of people rather than having a true understanding of the topic, choose to just repeat what others have said, that may not be true. For my simple mind, below is what I got from the scientist's reports in the show, offered up in my simplistic translation.

1. Excessive levels of PPM's of CO2 is the culprit that has been steadily rising since the Ind. Rev. while being trapped in our atmosphere ....holding in the heat. The show premise is based on that, if the earth's temp gets Two Degrees warmer Celsius, we will be at the "point of no return" for our planet.
    2. The higher temps are raising the ocean's water temps= evaporation levels raised = more rains, floods, more hurricanes with stronger winds made stronger by the warmer mists picked up from the ocean.
    3. The higher temps out west with their already low rainfall levels = drier soil conditions, more wildfires, droughts, crop loss. The glaciers are melting raising the water levels of the oceans. Their massive weight sits on the earth, then as they melt and get lighter, the earth plates under them move= earthquakes.
    4. Lines 1-3 in the next 20 years are going to increase exponentially once the earth's temp has raised 2 degrees Celsius. The CC scientists to date, are saying we are just one degree short of the two degrees Celsius.
    5. Once we hit the Two Degree mark, they are saying the earth temp will result in the horrible calamities that really, are written in the Bible's Book of Revelations for those of religion to read. Drought's, floods, famines, diseases, societal collapse.

I wanted another source of data other than the show I watched last night on the HC. So I went to a internet source that I think for the most part, has reliable sources of information. But still, one has to check the info source sometimes, to see if the source came from hard line CCer's. One just needs to type in Wikis search bar... "List of Hurricanes in the USA".

For more info related to getting the FACTS of our passed earth's disasters which MAY be a indicator for the future climate trends, just change the word hurricane in the search bar to floods, rainfall, wildfires, carbon dioxide sources, etc. Get the scoop on what has happened from 1900 to 2017 with our natural disasters, that HAVE occurred already.

Maybe we can get a idea of whether or NOT, these scientists are correct in foreseeing what may occur in our future. Simply by reading the escalating, or NOT escalating trends of the natural disaster's that have occurred already. I found the trends of disaster related flooding, troubling a bit. The amount of hurricane events in the past and their cat # ratings to me, were not noteworthy of alarm. There is a LOT of opinions out here on this topic so please people, ATTACK the subject or it's sources...not the poster's contributing. All JMO
    Last edited by gregonejeep; 09-16-2017 at 11:05 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gregonejeep For This Useful Post:

NORAD (09-16-2017),Rutabaga (09-16-2017)

Stalking Santa in 2017 V.I.P
    Overall activity: 9.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I am 32 and I have seen the world change only in my small life time. Coral reefs have been wiped out by 75% worldwide in the last 30 years and when I was born nobody had ever even linked the connection between ocean temps and coral bleaching. Now we have had reoccurent terrible storms, and some of the hottest summers worldwide. Its sad to me when I hear that some people don't believe what is happening. There's really no point in debating it...the future is gloomy because of people like you, so just hang around for another 30 years and u can see it for yourself.
    Japan is not 'worldwide'.

You lost your credibility with that statement.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to NORAD For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga (09-16-2017)

Alumni Member V.I.P
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I saw the show advertised.. just another propaganda meme from the left. They never tire of promoting bullshit, even under a mask of 'science!'

It should be right up there with 'ancient aliens' or some of their other reality show offerings.. drama, hysteria, doom, fear, an evil enemy.. all the trappings for a good ginned up story & caricature, to pitch the globalist agenda.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to usfan For This Useful Post:

gregonejeep (09-17-2017),NORAD (09-16-2017),Rutabaga (09-16-2017)

Thread Information