User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Cimbing the "ladder of life" in the Grand Canyon

Games People Play
    Overall activity: 88.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    We're going to start with the stupid argument again?

There is no solution for it, I agree.

But...some people want to discuss, back and forth. By all means...let them.

I'm on the sidelines on this one. I've looked at this, up and down...there's no answer.

IMHO, those who insist, one way or another, are arguing their own preconceptions.

Alumni Member V.I.P
    Overall activity: 84.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gregonejeep View Post
    So what is your definition of "proof" of an event occurring ? Would you have to have a video ?...a device that could have been edited. Or maybe an audio tape would suffice..., that could have been edited ?

Lets say that tomorrow I am standing in front of Quark and suddenly, he just levitates two feet above the ground.

I know it to be a FACT that QuarK levitated, as I witnessed his levitation with my own eyes.

Now understandably so, anyone that I tell later that Quark levitated in front of me, would want "proof" or its just B.S talk to them because ....THEY did not see the event. But Quark's levitation would be a FACT to me, because I saw it.
    First of all, my levitation would be news. When I get on a plane they charge me extra for over weight and a larger seat.

Second, you witnessing my levitation would have to be thoroughly investigated and protocols would have to written and multiple tests conducted and than if it can't be falsified it must be true. To me at least somebody saying the saw something would not necessarily be fact.

Overall activity: 77.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    First of all, my levitation would be news. When I get on a plane they charge me extra for over weight and a larger seat.

Second, you witnessing my levitation would have to be thoroughly investigated and protocols would have to written and multiple tests conducted and than if it can't be falsified it must be true. To me at least somebody saying the saw something would not necessarily be fact.
    In my above posts, anyone can see that I have used very simplistic examples of supposed events happening, all while trying to make my point. My point being, that when two people witness an event with their own eyes and physical body, then to them that event ....is a factual action.

You have been elusive when I asked your definition of proof. You have insisted my event of paranormal activity that my wife and I witnessed, to YOU.... was NOT a fact. O.K. since hopefully you were not in my bedroom that night to see what happened, I can see your position of taking our event "as not a fact".

So now, I will post the definition of these two words from my Webster's Collegiate Dictionary 11th Edition.

FACT- A thing done as:
    A. Feat
    B. Crime ( accessory after the fact)
    C. Action
    D. Performance, doing
    E. An actual occurrence
    F. The quality of being actual

Proof -
    A. The congenity of evidence that compels acceptance by the mind, of a truth or a fact.
    B. The process of an instant of establishing the validity of a statement especially by derivation from other statements in accordance with principles of reasoning.

So if one reads my post #45 in Jen's thread about her Burkes "Afterlife" book in Religion, they can readily see what I have typed out, as the exact paranormal event that happened to my wife and I that night. The only thing I stated in post #45 that was not FACTUAL in that event, was my conclusion I drew stating it was my Mom causing the event. Of which, I cannot with all honesty say that it was her ...as I do NOT know that for a FACT. It could have been just a "poltergeist" thing going on. I dunno.

So I am not going to derail this thread any longer with posts stating my belief in that a, "super natural or paranormal world/dimension" exists. My # 45 post in Jen's thread meets enough of the criteria for the words FACT and PROOF above... to satisfy my position.

It is ironic though Quark, with you being a believer only in proven science and just the one dimension that we all live in right now, that you find my position here ....as just boogey man rhetoric. My take is from your many posts in R&P, that you only truly believe in what that you can see, touch, feel, or smell. So I find it odd that you are arguing that what my wife and I witnessed that night, was not a factual event to us.

So trust me, the event happened. Just as sure as that you are not going to get up today, and put on a pair of Size 32 pants. Cheers to ya, and EOT for me.

Alumni Member V.I.P
    Overall activity: 84.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gregonejeep View Post
    In my above posts, anyone can see that I have used very simplistic examples of supposed events happening, all while trying to make my point. My point being, that when two people witness an event with their own eyes and physical body, then to them that event ....is a factual action.

You have been elusive when I asked your definition of proof. You have insisted my event of paranormal activity that my wife and I witnessed, to YOU.... was NOT a fact. O.K. since hopefully you were not in my bedroom that night to see what happened, I can see your position of taking our event "as not a fact".

So now, I will post the definition of these two words from my Webster's Collegiate Dictionary 11th Edition.

FACT- A thing done as:
    A. Feat
    B. Crime ( accessory after the fact)
    C. Action
    D. Performance, doing
    E. An actual occurrence
    F. The quality of being actual

Proof -
    A. The congenity of evidence that compels acceptance by the mind, of a truth or a fact.
    B. The process of an instant of establishing the validity of a statement especially by derivation from other statements in accordance with principles of reasoning.

So if one reads my post #45 in Jen's thread about her Burkes "Afterlife" book in Religion, they can readily see what I have typed out, as the exact paranormal event that happened to my wife and I that night. The only thing I stated in post #45 that was not FACTUAL in that event, was my conclusion I drew stating it was my Mom causing the event. Of which, I cannot with all honesty say that it was her ...as I do NOT know that for a FACT. It could have been just a "poltergeist" thing going on. I dunno.

So I am not going to derail this thread any longer with posts stating my belief in that a, "super natural or paranormal world/dimension" exists. My # 45 post in Jen's thread meets enough of the criteria for the words FACT and PROOF above... to satisfy my position.

It is ironic though Quark, with you being a believer only in proven science and just the one dimension that we all live in right now, that you find my position here ....as just boogey man rhetoric. My take is from your many posts in R&P, that you only truly believe in what that you can see, touch, feel, or smell. So I find it odd that you are arguing that what my wife and I witnessed that night, was not a factual event to us.

So trust me, the event happened. Just as sure as that you are not going to get up today, and put on a pair of Size 32 pants. Cheers to ya, and EOT for me.
    You got that right! Size 32, never not even when I was hatched. Size 50 yes but not a size 32.

First, I said what would be proof to me verifiable and it can be tested with protocols in a laboratory.

Second, I don't doubt what you saw was a fact to you and your wife but there is no way to test and verify that fact. Therefore, I'll remain skeptical.

Third, I don't know about you but I live in a five dimension universe. Length, width, depth, time, and space. At this time I'll remain skeptical of alternative, parallel universes to this one.

Thread Information