User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fedís Dudley: Hurricanes will boost economic activity over the long run

Divine Spear
    Overall activity: 99.8%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertLafollet View Post
    No.

If the Fed chooses to print a trillion dollars to buy debt that is new money. It was not created by debt. If the treasury creates a trillion dollar copper coin and gives it to China to reduce our debt that is not created by debt.
    It is worthless if not backed by something.

Do you know the definition of INFLATION?
    Last edited by Oskar; 09-13-2017 at 12:47 AM.
    "When you are smart, people need you. You can use your mind creatively". - Chris Knight, Real Genius (1985)

"It's a rotten wall, and a few good kicks will bring it crashing down." - Vladimir Lenin

Overall activity: 16.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oskar View Post
    It is worthless if not backed by something.

Do you know the definition of INFLATION?
    Ooooh, pick me. I can think of about 10 different types of inflation off the top of my head:
    1. Currency inflation
    2. M1 inflation
    3. M2 inflation
    4. Consumer Price Inflation
    5. Personal Consumption Expenditures
    6. Producer Price Inflation
    7. Import Price Inflation
    8. Export Price Inflation
    9. Employment Cost Inflation
    10. Wage inflation

Which one did you want a definition for, and how detailed? I can give anywhere from an elementary school level to PhD. level definition.
    "It ain't bragging if you can do it." - Dizzy Dean

Jewish Pride V.I.P
    Overall activity: 99.3%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pinqy View Post
    Ooooh, pick me. I can think of about 10 different types of inflation off the top of my head:
    1. Currency inflation
    2. M1 inflation
    3. M2 inflation
    4. Consumer Price Inflation
    5. Personal Consumption Expenditures
    6. Producer Price Inflation
    7. Import Price Inflation
    8. Export Price Inflation
    9. Employment Cost Inflation
    10. Wage inflation

Which one did you want a definition for, and how detailed? I can give anywhere from an elementary school level to PhD. level definition.

Paranoia -
    a tendency on the part of an individual or group toward excessive or irrational suspiciousness and distrustfulness of others

The alt-left & the alt-right are both violent, race-hate groups whose obsession with identity politics is tearing America apart.

I've never met an anti-Semite who thought they were anti-Semitic. Remember that the Nazis didn't see themselves as bad people. If don't like Jews or think Hitler was misunderstood, you are an idiot and can go screw yourself.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Crunch For This Useful Post:

pinqy (09-13-2017)

Overall activity: 9.0%

Thanks
    [QUOTE=RobertLafollet;1539958]No.

If the Fed chooses to print a trillion dollars to buy debt that is new money. /QUOTE]
    Helicopter drop?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Since I used to be one of the economists (commodities analyst) who calculated the Consumer Price Index, and since I used to teach the subject to professionals. Yes, I know almost everything about this topic.

Jewish Pride V.I.P
    Overall activity: 99.3%

Thanks
    Since I used to be one of the economists (commodities analyst) who calculated the Consumer Price Index, and since I used to teach the subject to professionals. Yes, I know almost everything about this topic.

Paranoia -
    a tendency on the part of an individual or group toward excessive or irrational suspiciousness and distrustfulness of others

The alt-left & the alt-right are both violent, race-hate groups whose obsession with identity politics is tearing America apart.

I've never met an anti-Semite who thought they were anti-Semitic. Remember that the Nazis didn't see themselves as bad people. If don't like Jews or think Hitler was misunderstood, you are an idiot and can go screw yourself.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Crunch For This Useful Post:

Oskar (09-13-2017)

Divine Spear

Thanks
    Economists are a dime a dozen.

If you placed all the economists end to end from here to the Sun, they would never reach a conclusion.
    Last edited by Oskar; 09-13-2017 at 11:16 AM.
    "When you are smart, people need you. You can use your mind creatively". - Chris Knight, Real Genius (1985)

"It's a rotten wall, and a few good kicks will bring it crashing down." - Vladimir Lenin

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oskar View Post
    Economists are a dime a dozen.

If you placed all the economists end to end from here to the Sun, they would never reach a conclusion.
    Hey, Economists have correctly predicted nine of the last three recessions.

But my point was that there is no such singular force/entity as "inflation," and not all the different types move together. You can have monetary inflation without price inflation, and vice-versa. Producer Price, and Import Price inflation occur before Consumer Price inflation. Employment Cost can increase at a much different or opposite rate than wage inflation. And even with monetary inflation, M0, M1, and M2 can all move differently depending on a variety of circumstances.

I'm not citing opinion, I'm stating facts based on generally agreed upon definitions.

Divine Spear

Thanks
    Hey, Economists have correctly predicted nine of the last three recessions.

But my point was that there is no such singular force/entity as "inflation," and not all the different types move together. You can have monetary inflation without price inflation, and vice-versa. Producer Price, and Import Price inflation occur before Consumer Price inflation. Employment Cost can increase at a much different or opposite rate than wage inflation. And even with monetary inflation, M0, M1, and M2 can all move differently depending on a variety of circumstances.

I'm not citing opinion, I'm stating facts based on generally agreed upon definitions.
    I am saying that if money gets printed without a GDP to back it, inflation will result.

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Overall activity: 49.0%

Thanks
    The U.S. dollar experienced an average inflation rate of 2.92% per year between 1900 and 2014. $100 in the year 1900 is worth $2,666.46 in 2014, a 2566.5%increase in prices. The inflation rate in 2014 was 1.62%.
    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    Mark Twain

Thread Information