User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Papal endorsed article is full frontal attack on Trump AND HIS SUPPORTERS

Senior Member Forum Donor
    Overall activity: 24.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightkore View Post
    The problem with some of your post is that Peter was never an apostle to the Gentiles. That was Paul. And Constantine was the one that married Rome with "christianity" along with pagan practices.....though Paul had already warned of false teachings & anti-christs.....

Jesus DID say that His kingdom was not of this world. He IS King of Kings. THAT is pretty political.

{Interesting series.....}
    Before the death and resurrection of Jesus, all twelve were known as disciples (followers), of him. After his death and resurrection - and their receiving the "Gift of Tongues" on what is known to Christians as Pentecost, they became Apostles of Christ - people sent forth to spread the gospels and message of good news of Jesus Christ, King of Kings. If one reads the Bible, the gospel of Mark was written by an accomplice of Peter's, named John Mark, who was not a disciple, and is almost an eyewitness account of Peter's travels and preaching until his death in Rome at Nero's orders in 67 A.D Peter was the brother of another disciple, later Apostle of Christ, Andrew, and the first called by Jesus. They left everything they knew and followed Jesus immediately, and Peter who was a rough and tumble fisherman, receives the instruction from Jesus that he will make him a fisherman of men's souls .

Along with Paul, whose conversion to Jesus was "spiritual" not a witness, he never knew Jesus as Peter did, who traveled with him, and witnessed his ministry, along with the other Apostles, traveled the ancient world, preaching the gospel to the Gentiles. Paul ended up in Syria where he was beheaded - if historical memory serves, while Peter ended up in Rome, where he was crucified. According to legend's, in 65 or 67 A.D. Legend has it, he requested he be crucified upside down as not being worthy to die like the Savior did, and Catholic tradition states that there is a man buried in a tomb underneath the main alter of St.Peter's in Rome, and it is Peter himself........

All the Apostles went forth to spread Christianity from Jerusalem, where Jesus' ministry ended in his death, and his followers remained, before going throughout the known world. They all used numerous methods to convert Gentiles and pagans to the word, by changing pagan holidays to represent Christian ones, and other methods to convince pagans to come to Jesus throughout Greece; Syria; Rome; Gaul; Germany; England and Ireland. Many of the Christian mass symbols come from ancient Celtic symbolism.

As far as Jesus' teaching's that he was King of King's, it is true - but he didn't preach that to the Roman's throughout his ministry. When questioned he always cited the fact he was from a different kingdom, not of this world, and those who followed him, would enjoy admittance into his kingdom (heaven). The Roman's never, apparently, considered this to be traitorous activity, although their crucifixion of Jesus was a method reserved usually for slaves, thieves and traitor's. Jesus died for violating Jewish laws and traditions for blasphemy. He was tempted many times during his ministry to call forth his "army" to overthrow the Roman occupation, people mistakenly believing he was sent to the world to relieve them of suffering under a living military threat. Peter is the first to identify Jesus as God. Jesus himself kept his "kingdom" metaphorical throughout his life......... Stan ........

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stan Fan For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (09-14-2017)

Senior Member Forum Donor
    Overall activity: 24.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedgin View Post
    Popes and the Church have been political for longer than they have been anti-Protestant.

I take it all with a grain of salt. I respect the Pope and the Church, but, they have as much moral bearing on my soul, and my mind, as does the Dali-Lama.....

Sorry Francis....I do not need you as an intermediary between God, and I. And, while I would take some of your PERSONAL advice, I always have to take the edicts of Catholicism with a rather large grain of salt. (SEE: House of Borghese.....Priest Sex abuse scandal...the Inquisitions......etc.)
    Agree 100% with this. You can add on purgatory, where souls were punished for a time until cleansed of their sins and eligible for admission into heaven, and limbo, where unbaptized newborn babies were sent because they were not eligible for admission into heaven because all are born with the stain of Adam. Both of my elder sisters, now deceased, were Registered Nurses, and routinely, like all Catholic nurses in the time, late 1950's - 1960's, automatically Baptized ALL newborns themselves. Baptism is not reserved for priest's, any Catholic can do it, it is quite an easy procedure. BTW, any Catholic male can be elected Pope also, one doesn't have to be a priest. If the College of Cardinals were truly inspired by the "Holy Spirit" the possibility is that a non-priest someday could become pope. That would be a revelation, in view of the historical record of wars, politics, interference, many Pontiff's have had throughout history.

I believe John XXIII and Paul VI removed purgatory and limbo from Church teachings by the Vatican Counsels, but were not replaced with any other teaching. Purgatory, as a child of parochial grade school, I could understand. Limbo always puzzled me, other then the "stain" of original sin the Church teaches all were born with, what sins could newborn babies and children be guilty of? Children are God's way of saying the world should go on (always liked that saying), along with the one, "If you wake in the morning, God isn't finished with your destiny yet."

I also could never understand the Church's ban on burial. If there is one thing the Catholic church is good at, it is death! Catholic services for the dead require a Mass, and interment of the body in consecrated ground sprinkled with holy water. According to the teachings, the spirit and the body will be reunited at the End of Time, an immeasurable miracle so to speak. However, if one decides on cremation, a popular choice, the Church will only allow a memorial service for the dead, unless the ashes are interred, usually in a baby grave. If the ashes are interred, the Church will permit the Mass instead of the memorial service when the ashes are scattered to the winds.

Always seemed to me, that if a miracle of rejoining the body intact as it was living, to the spirit was possible, rejoining the cremated ashes intact as a body, to the spirit also is possible. Both methods are decided miracles one would assume. Gene Roddenbury's Star Trek original series with their molecule transport method always put me in mind of cremation - does God lose ones bodily life force ashes when cremated ashes are scattered?

Belief even without seeing, was the highest form Jesus taught for believer's in his time. The Catholic Church is run by men, religious men to be sure, but men, nevertheless. Subject to the temptations and frailty of the human body and spirit. One has to believe a lot to maintain status as a Catholic - and many members, particularly in America, choose to ignore important Catholic teachings, the abortion edict being the major one. Also, somewhat like Martin Luther, but more practical than his spiritual one, if Confession is such a necessary part of receiving the sacrament of Holy Communion, ecumenical changes now permit lay person's to administer that sacrament, and females to be alter attendants, why is it that Catholic Churches only seem to be available to hear confession's for a single hour, usually on Saturday afternoon? If ecumenical changes made by the Church change - could your next door neighbor someday sit in the confessional booth and give you absolution. Allegedly, only the priests, through Jesus' instruction, have the power to forgive sin. Sometimes, I think Buddhism, with its eight-fold path, very similar to the Ten Commandment's and Jesus' Golden Rule, is a more believable religion than the Roman Catholic Church as it is constituted today......... Stan .........

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stan Fan For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (09-14-2017)

Thread Information