User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Papal endorsed article is full frontal attack on Trump AND HIS SUPPORTERS

Senior Member Forum Donor
    Overall activity: 24.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    Someone could give him a little nudge...with a .30-06 slug.
    As I posted before, and reread the entire thing. It is a piece of garbage and this Pope is about as non-Christian as they come. American Catholics are leaving the faith in droves ignoring him. Stan

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 53.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    How do you push back against a pope?

You become a Southern Baptist and ignore his pronouncements
    "Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, superior minds discuss ideas"
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Games People Play
    Overall activity: 66.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Felix Birdbiter View Post
    Or an agnostic and ignore his pronouncements.

Yet, for all the ignoring I do...we keep on drifting towards crypto-Marxism.

I'm wondering about the wisdom of my strategy.

Overall activity: 52.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Felix Birdbiter View Post
    Lutherans were doing that before the Southeren Baptists came around.

Alumni Member and VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 67.0%

Timey-Wimey Wibbly-Wobbly Blue Box Thingy
    Thanks
    Ah yes the Roman Catholic Church.....the last vestige of the Roman Empire.....should know ALL about paganism & murdering christians.....MOST of the church is paganism.....

Captain Cold: Make the plan, Execute the plan, Expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.
    Tommy Maitland:
    “Turn off your brain. We’re just here for funsies.”

V.I.P. V.I.P
    Overall activity: 21.0%

Thanks
    Popes and the Church have been political for longer than they have been anti-Protestant.

I take it all with a grain of salt. I respect the Pope and the Church, but, they have as much moral bearing on my soul, and my mind, as does the Dali-Lama.....

Sorry Francis....I do not need you as an intermediary between God, and I. And, while I would take some of your PERSONAL advice, I always have to take the edicts of Catholicism with a rather large grain of salt. (SEE: House of Borghese.....Priest Sex abuse scandal...the Inquisitions......etc.)
    Al Swearengen: What's your partner so mad about all the time?
    Sol Star: He's not mad.
    Al Swearengen: He's got a mean way of being happy.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Swedgin For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (09-13-2017)

Overall activity: 52.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedgin View Post
    Popes and the Church have been political for longer than they have been anti-Protestant.

I take it all with a grain of salt. I respect the Pope and the Church, but, they have as much moral bearing on my soul, and my mind, as does the Dali-Lama.....

Sorry Francis....I do not need you as an intermediary between God, and I. And, while I would take some of your PERSONAL advice, I always have to take the edicts of Catholicism with a rather large grain of salt. (SEE: House of Borghese.....Priest Sex abuse scandal...the Inquisitions......etc.)
    Add Corpse Synod to that Google search list. Modern Popes, even Francis, are not THAT crazy. Or even as corrupt as Leo X, the Pope who tried to buy off or quash Martin Luther.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Traddles For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (09-13-2017)

V.I.P. V.I.P
    Overall activity: 21.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Traddles View Post
    Add Corpse Synod to that Google search list. Modern Popes, even Francis, are not THAT crazy. Or even as corrupt as Leo X, the Pope who tried to buy off or quash Martin Luther.
    Oh, I agree 100%.

However:

--The PRIEST sex scandals are rather recent. (And as far as we know, some of those priests may still be in the Church....)

--Hard to buy into the belief that the Pope and Cardinals are "Divinely" selected, when we have such an obvious record of very human (And sometime, EVIL) actions and frailties from many of these men....
    Al Swearengen: What's your partner so mad about all the time?
    Sol Star: He's not mad.
    Al Swearengen: He's got a mean way of being happy.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Swedgin For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (09-13-2017)

Senior Member Forum Donor
    Overall activity: 24.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedgin View Post

Sorry Francis....I do not need you as an intermediary between God, and I. And, while I would take some of your PERSONAL advice, I always have to take the edicts of Catholicism with a rather large grain of salt. (JuSEE: House of Borghese.....Priest Sex abuse scandal...the Inquisitions......etc.)
    Just about the same belief system that Martin Luther had when he nailed his indictment to the cathedral wall and set about the Protestant Reformation. His first concern was with the corruption of the church and its administrator's (Pope, Cardinals, and Priests), his second was with the idea of confession. Having to use a corrupt intermediary in the form of a priest, to confess your sins, receive "alleged" absolution, and the idea that one could pray directly to God, without any interference. Got him excommunicated (Luther was a Catholic priest), but his movement flourished and was as bloody as anything the Catholic Church imposed on the citizenry of Europe as the Protestant Christian faiths came into form.

Additionally, as Knightlore posted, the Roman Catholic Church is the last vestige of the old Roman Empire, and the Pope has a thin connecting line back to the Apostle Peter. However, in the teachings of Jesus, he was never political other than the possibility of his remark regarding "render onto Caesar the things that are Caesar's........." He spoke in metaphors and parables speaking of a kingdom beyond the grave, of life after death, as written in the gospels (Greek for Good News). The Roman's were not particularly concerned with his activities, even Pilate found no fault with the man, but turned him over to the Pharisee induced mob for execution for blasphemy, not a Roman crime. They carried out his execution, and probably, in view of his displayed popularity, which the authorities couldn't have helped but notice, probably considered they were ridding Jerusalem of a rabble rouser or possible rebel in the process.

Many of the things in the Catholic Church are pagan symbols and rights. The apostles, in carrying Jesus' message to the world of the Gentiles, were not hesitant to fool with history, adopting many holidays and rights of pagan origin, like the winter solstice changed to Christian Christmas, and the ceremony of the Catholic mass has many ideas of pagan idolatry, Catholic churches are adorned with statutes of saints, Jesus mother, crucifix scenes, candles, bells, group petitions and worship, while Protestant churches, only the cross is displayed and confession is reserved for individuals directly. Belief is the core for anybody of religious faith, but much of the ancient history has been re-written ages ago, such as the fact that Jesus was crucified on Thursday, not Good Friday, because Jewish law forbid execution on a sabbath, and he, along with the apostles, were in Jerusalem (today's Palm Sunday), for the week, to celebrate a Jewish jubalee year. There were two sabbath's during that jubalee - Friday and Saturday. Jesus was executed on Thursday, and contrary to Biblical accounts, some ancient writings reflect he spent 6-7 hours on the cross before death.

All that, of course, subject to belief and interpretation, however, the fact Jesus never crossed into the political but maintained the metaphorical spiritual, brings into question this Pope's "political" activities - siding with Islamic terrorism, and involving himself in American political theatre, and that of the other Western Democracies, which are the bulwark against terrorism, in the modern world. One can be a believer, without following Pope Francis, or any pope for that matter, and many American Catholic's do not adhere to his preaching and techniques........ Stan ........

Alumni Member and VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 67.0%

Timey-Wimey Wibbly-Wobbly Blue Box Thingy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Fan View Post
    Just about the same belief system that Martin Luther had when he nailed his indictment to the cathedral wall and set about the Protestant Reformation. His first concern was with the corruption of the church and its administrator's (Pope, Cardinals, and Priests), his second was with the idea of confession. Having to use a corrupt intermediary in the form of a priest, to confess your sins, receive "alleged" absolution, and the idea that one could pray directly to God, without any interference. Got him excommunicated (Luther was a Catholic priest), but his movement flourished and was as bloody as anything the Catholic Church imposed on the citizenry of Europe as the Protestant Christian faiths came into form.

Additionally, as Knightlore posted, the Roman Catholic Church is the last vestige of the old Roman Empire, and the Pope has a thin connecting line back to the Apostle Peter. However, in the teachings of Jesus, he was never political other than the possibility of his remark regarding "render onto Caesar the things that are Caesar's........." He spoke in metaphors and parables speaking of a kingdom beyond the grave, of life after death, as written in the gospels (Greek for Good News). The Roman's were not particularly concerned with his activities, even Pilate found no fault with the man, but turned him over to the Pharisee induced mob for execution for blasphemy, not a Roman crime. They carried out his execution, and probably, in view of his displayed popularity, which the authorities couldn't have helped but notice, probably considered they were ridding Jerusalem of a rabble rouser or possible rebel in the process.

Many of the things in the Catholic Church are pagan symbols and rights. The apostles, in carrying Jesus' message to the world of the Gentiles, were not hesitant to fool with history, adopting many holidays and rights of pagan origin, like the winter solstice changed to Christian Christmas, and the ceremony of the Catholic mass has many ideas of pagan idolatry, Catholic churches are adorned with statutes of saints, Jesus mother, crucifix scenes, candles, bells, group petitions and worship, while Protestant churches, only the cross is displayed and confession is reserved for individuals directly. Belief is the core for anybody of religious faith, but much of the ancient history has been re-written ages ago, such as the fact that Jesus was crucified on Thursday, not Good Friday, because Jewish law forbid execution on a sabbath, and he, along with the apostles, were in Jerusalem (today's Palm Sunday), for the week, to celebrate a Jewish jubalee year. There were two sabbath's during that jubalee - Friday and Saturday. Jesus was executed on Thursday, and contrary to Biblical accounts, some ancient writings reflect he spent 6-7 hours on the cross before death.

All that, of course, subject to belief and interpretation, however, the fact Jesus never crossed into the political but maintained the metaphorical spiritual, brings into question this Pope's "political" activities - siding with Islamic terrorism, and involving himself in American political theatre, and that of the other Western Democracies, which are the bulwark against terrorism, in the modern world. One can be a believer, without following Pope Francis, or any pope for that matter, and many American Catholic's do not adhere to his preaching and techniques........ Stan ........
    The problem with some of your post is that Peter was never an apostle to the Gentiles. That was Paul. And Constantine was the one that married Rome with "christianity" along with pagan practices.....though Paul had already warned of false teachings & anti-christs.....

Jesus DID say that His kingdom was not of this world. He IS King of Kings. THAT is pretty political.

{Interesting series.....}

Captain Cold: Make the plan, Execute the plan, Expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.
    Tommy Maitland:
    “Turn off your brain. We’re just here for funsies.”

Thread Information