User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here It Comes 覧 Again

Alumni Member
    Overall activity: 74.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The thing about a VAT tax is it acts as a tariff. Want to import a car to China. The importer has to pay the accumulated unpaid VAT. So the importer gets to pay all the taxes that would have been accumulated to that point. Thus US car makers that want to sell cars in China have to build them there. This is also true of other countries that impose VAT taxes.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RobertLafollet For This Useful Post:

Flanders (09-06-2017)

Games People Play V.I.P
    Overall activity: 75.0%

Thanks
    No matter how Bobbie's propaganda-masters spin it, a VAT is a disaster.

For obvious reasons. The biggest danger in the Fairtax concept is that it gets implemented, then co-opted by Leftists, and turned into a VAT.

And we'll have an inert, arrested, no-growth, no-advancement economy. Forever.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JustPassinThru For This Useful Post:

Flanders (09-06-2017)

Overall activity: 19.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Felix Birdbiter View Post
    I mean based on this question you are an arrogant SOB who thinks we live for your every word.
    To Felix Birdbiter: I live for assholes putting me on their Ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    Because it's not a one-time tax - it's a COMPOUNDED tax, mostly hidden. Ore is taxed on mining. The metal coils or ingots are taxed on casting.

The processed pieces or stampings are taxed upon finishing. Then the finished product is taxed when sold to the distributor.

And then the consumer is taxed YET AGAIN.

And most of that tax is buried deep; so people cannot see and judge what the thieving government is taking.
    To JustPassinThru: It reminds me of Eisenhower complaining about 52 hidden taxes on the egg when the highest rate on income was 91 percent. It was 92 percent when he took office. Accessing all of those deductions created tax preparers.
    FLANDERS

The basic test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do than in what we are free not to do. It is the freedom to refrain, withdraw and abstain which makes a totalitarian regime impossible. Eric Hoffer

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 38.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Flanders View Post
    To Felix Birdbiter: I live for assholes putting me on their Ignore list.

Well, then, you just got an extension on your life span. Anal Orifices who think they are so important the very first thing they do is insult other posters doesn't rate very highly with me.

No, I am not going to read in a fucking political forum a 10 page screed on taxes. Put it in a fucking blog if its that important. But at any rate, Good Bye and be of good cheer.
    "Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, superior minds discuss ideas"
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Thanks
    I mean based on this question you are an arrogant SOB who thinks we live for your every word.
    Anal Orifices who think they are so important the very first thing they do is insult other posters doesn't rate very highly with me.
    To Birdbiter: I responded in kind 覧 Asshole.
    FLANDERS

The basic test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do than in what we are free not to do. It is the freedom to refrain, withdraw and abstain which makes a totalitarian regime impossible. Eric Hoffer

Thanks
    Tax preparers rake in several billion every year. No tax code reform will put all of those tax preparers out of work. Indeed, they generate more income for their profession by making the tax code more complicated every time they reform it because they write the tax code. (Lawyers have been doing the same thing for thousands of years.)

Tax preparers are the Cadillacs of today痴 parasite class. They take down a nice year痴 income for 4 months work. Presumably they vacation on the French Riviera the rest of the year. And that is not counting the tax dollars schools are paid to train tax preparers. Bottom line: No government official will ever says 鄭bolish filing a tax return. 覧 the most trusted method of colleting taxes ever devised.

The only wannabe who can be trusted is the one who says 迭epeal the XVI Amendment.

Here is their school song from Cutpurse University:

FLANDERS

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 42.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for almost twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    To Dr. Felix Birdbiter: Does that mean you do not read newspaper articles or books? Or does it mean you would read my lengthy messages if I was famous?
    I read all newspaper articles that have a lead paragraph that catches my attention. Do you think you could keep a job writing for a newspaper. They measure articles in inches and you right in feet.

Felix, Flanders has started threads with multiple posts. It doesn't help. Concise with links to relevant articles is better. Some posters can write a short paragraph that encourages me to follow the link to read the article. Of course, there are those who post nothing but a link and expect people to click on it.

Thread Information