User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On Aug. 31, 1997, Britain's Princess Diana died in a car crash in Paris at age 36.

Games People Play V.I.P
    Overall activity: 75.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cent View Post
    I'm confused. Is this supposed to be about Princess Diana, or HALO clearing mine fields? The attention she brought to it, or a plea for donations?

As far as Diana goes, I'll admit to being surprised at the choice, when I learned of her background. Chambermaids and Day Care workers are eligible for positions of royalty? Who'd a'thunk?

She was charming. I'll give her that. And always elegant, w/o acting above all others. She had a knack.
    So, I do admire her using her popularity to bring attention to humanitarian efforts. She did have a heart. I also admire her putting her foot down when it came to raising her children. SHE'D be making the decisions, not the palace.
    Good on her for all that.

After a time, though, it became all too clear that she was not at all groomed for her position as Princess of Whales. Oh, she handled the galas and public appearances quite well. It was all of the other stuff; her personal life, etc., that she was so naive and ill-prepared for, that it was hard not to feel sorry for her.
    Still, after 10+ years, if not less, you'd think even the most naive would get a cluepon of "how things go" in an arranged marriage. Good grief. Grow up!

I won't go into "Divorce Syndrome." But it does explain her behavior, afterwards.
    She was pliant; and she had handlers. So she appeared poised. Some of that Finishing School stuff must have stuck.

But in the end, she was promoted beyond her competence. She might have made an acceptable wife to a junior military officer; or perhaps not, given that she wasn't given to personal self-control and discretion. But she was elevated into a world she couldn't conceive; and didn't realize with her new riches she could buy friends...buy everything, except a sexual partner. That was what she was hired for; the future King's receptacle.

And that is nothing new. In pre-Western cultures, it wasn't even expected that women love the men they were bonded to. They would live in separate huts. What WAS accepted, and demanded, was that sexual contact and access be limited.

Of course Diana didn't know THAT, either. She spent more time watching movies than reading history and anthropology texts.

Land-mine concerns? I put those right up there with Wookie Moo Shell's school-lunch concerns. It was a cause to have a cause. It was a fig leaf; to Virtue Signal. In both cases.

Compare a true humanitarian, Mother Teresa, with Princess Diana. Both died on the same day; Mother Teresa, almost unnoticed.

Who did more and sacrificed more?

Overall activity: 20.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Uh oh, I see Princess of Whales again, something fishy there.

Trained...or Untrained ?
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oskar View Post
    She was with a Muslim, right? In Paris.

Hmm...

On 31 August 1997, Diana was fatally injured in a car crash in the Pont de l'Alma tunnel in Paris. The accident also resulted in the deaths of her companion Dodi Fayed and the driver, Henri Paul, who was the acting security manager of the Hôtel Ritz Paris; Trevor Rees-Jones (Diana's bodyguard) survived the crash. The televised funeral, on 6 September, was watched by a British television audience that peaked at 32.10 million, which was one of the United Kingdom's highest viewing figures ever. Millions more watched the event around the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diana,...of_Wales#Death

R.I.P Diana ........ ( sniffle )

Joe :
    "Are you really trying to escape?"

--- John McClain "Live Free or Die Hard"

All strength in blood
    Overall activity: 99.8%

Thanks
    Di died.
    Last edited by Oskar; 09-04-2017 at 08:36 PM.
    “(Bill Clinton) never did grow to maturity, and (Hillary) is an ageless being, neither young nor old, an immortal spirit of evil. - Billy Jackson, The Brigade

"When you consider how many magnificent things can be done with a potato, you recognize the absolute sovereignty of God, and the depths of his wisdom." - Douglas Wilson

"It's a rotten wall, and a few kicks will bring it tumbling down." - Vladimir Lenin

English, thus superior Forum Donor
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    For me I remember where and how I found out about Diana's death, It was early perhaps before 7am I had called into a petrol station at Staines near Heathrow airport, the newspapers were on show outside in racks, one headline was "Di dead, Dodi injured"
    A gentleman never insults unintentionally.

Thread Information