User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hillary Needs The Money

Overall activity: 28.0%

Thanks
    Hillary Clinton blaming everybody in sight is trying to cash in on the blame game for another bid in 2020. Take this one to the bank. Hillary will campaign in 2020 by blaming it on her defeat in 2016. Blame is the only thing she has to justify another bid.

Labor Union Candidates

I am offended that Hillary has not blamed me because I predicted her defeat —— including accurate reasons —— from the day she got the nomination. Libs on my previous board had a grand old time attacking me, but nary a word was heard after she lost.

Just to blow my own horn, I did more to defeat Hillary than did Brexit or Farage:

VIDEO ▼

Farage reacts after Clinton blames him for election loss | On Air Videos | Fox News

NOTE: I find it astounding that Clinton’s novel is selling for 20 pounds! I can only guess at how many British halfwits have to purchase it to make it profitable for Simon & Schuster.

CLICK ON THE LINK TO SEE THE COVERS SIDE BY SIDE:

Cover versions: why are UK and US book jackets often so different? | Books | The Guardian

Covers sell books. But in the case of Hillary Clinton’s memoir What Happened, you can’t help thinking that the book’s sales in the UK are despite the jacket treatment, not because of it. Whereas the US jacket oozes the gravitas you expect from the woman who stood up to Donald Trump, the UK jacket has all the power of a shrugged “meh”.

The book is published worldwide by Simon & Schuster, and the company’s US division opted for bold lettering on a white-and-blue background (incorporating the Democrats’ traditional colour). The design screams its serious credentials: this, it tells the reader, is The Book by the woman everyone expected to be a shoo-in for the Oval Office, a woman defined by her service in husband Bill’s and Barack Obama’s administrations.

XXXXX

But the UK cover … where do you begin? Any sense that Clinton is laying it on the line, or even offering answers, is washed away by a design so hackneyed it even has a generic politico-at-a-rally headshot, albeit one in which Hillary’s firm-lipped expression is reminiscent of the look your mum gave you the first time you barrelled home drunk. Not only that, but the background colour is as pallid as one of her pant suits, and the title – a question on the lips of everyone in the UK as well as the US – is squirrelled away beneath her name.

Cover versions: why are UK and US book jackets often so different?
    Danuta Kean
    Tuesday 26 September 2017 09.30 EDT
    Last modified on Tuesday 26 September 2017 17.00 EDT

Hillary’s previous book tanked, but she kept the money:

NYT: Publisher Won't Make Back Hillary's Large Book Advance
    9:03 PM, Jun 25, 2014 | By Daniel Halper

NYT: Publisher Won't Make Back Hillary's Large Book Advance | The Weekly Standard
    FLANDERS

The basic test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do than in what we are free not to do. It is the freedom to refrain, withdraw and abstain which makes a totalitarian regime impossible. Eric Hoffer

is sticky stuff.
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    And it can be dealt with, and not by juvenile legislation to "take the money out of politics." That never works, and for obvious reasons.

The way WE can attack the problem at its roots, is with a Constitutional Amendment - TERM LIMITS. No more career politicians. Prevent the development of the Government Lifer Class.

Since the Government Class is now firmly entrenched, the Constitution will have to be amended by the second method - as described by Article V.

That's how WE can do it. What the Brits do, if anything, is another matter. What they can do. Sorry...given your monarchy, and your history of birthright nobility...you will have no way of taking the money out of politics. Instead of barring your lifers from more than ten years, your Queen...KNIGHTS lifers. Good ones and bad ones, both.
    Your last paragraph, when you've sobered up, could you please explain it in English, I can't understand that shite.

Games People Play V.I.P
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly Paper View Post
    Your last paragraph, when you've sobered up, could you please explain it in English, I can't understand that shite.
    I can tell you, but I can't perceive it for you.

The bottom line is, you, and probably other Brits, want to take the money out of politics without liquidating the Lifer Political class.

Not happening. Never happened; never will.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JustPassinThru For This Useful Post:

Flanders (10-17-2017)

Overall activity: 28.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Flanders View Post
    The only cure for presidential fever is embalming fluid. Anonymous
    Anybody who thought Donna Brazile was the long-awaited undertaker was greatly mistaken:

Brazile Appears to Walk Back Claims of Clinton Control of DNC
    Friday, 03 Nov 2017 08:03 PM

Brazile Appears to Walk Back Claims of Clinton Control of DNC

Last edited by Flanders; 11-05-2017 at 02:21 PM.
    FLANDERS

The basic test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do than in what we are free not to do. It is the freedom to refrain, withdraw and abstain which makes a totalitarian regime impossible. Eric Hoffer

Overall activity: 41.0%

Thanks
    It all depends on the meaning of "Rigged" ... and "Wiped" ... and "Is".

She can call skimming cash from the DNC and controlling whatever DNC spoxes said "chicken noodle soup" for all I care. Obtuse word games don't change the fact that millions of Democrat Primary voters were deceived into voting as if the primaries were real contests.

Consider this anomaly: in the Primaries of 1968, 1972, 1976, 1984, 1988, 1992, 2000, 2004 and 2008 when there was no incumbent Democrat President there were several reasonably viable candidates; in 2016 there was Hillary and there was Bernie, the "Independent" who came in from the cold. What a coincidence! Right?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Traddles For This Useful Post:

Flanders (11-06-2017)

Overall activity: 7.0%

Thanks
    Last edited by frankmusic; 11-06-2017 at 01:25 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to frankmusic For This Useful Post:

Flanders (11-06-2017)

RedheadAdmin V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 65.0%

Thanks
    Her health may be improving; she thrives on hate.
    Thank you for helping us provide great customer service
    CLICK HERE

Conservatism actually has some principals. -HayJenn

Haiti IS a shithole, The Clintons made $ure it stayed that way.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:

Flanders (11-06-2017)

Thread Information