User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Privatizing the War in Afghanistan

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 34.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Privatizing the War in Afghanistan

To replace Marine F-18s that are getting their spare parts from the junk yard.

The absolute outrage about this plan has no basis in fact and ignores the most important facets. Here’s the over view statement:

The Prince plan involves putting trainer/mentor teams at the battalion level of the Afghan National Army and augmenting their helicopter and tactical aircraft with some 90 additional high speed, low cost aircraft. The plan takes the current projected annual price for supporting the Afghan military from 40 billion down to 10 billion. Reducing the hemorrhaging of tax money to stabilize a losing effort is the strong component of a workable the plan.

The main question still is if any plan can turn around the alienation of Afghanis for the central government and the outside forces destroying their country,

Full story @ http://freerangeinternational.com/blog/?p=7161
    Saint Junipero Serra's Legacy - the untold stories of California
    A Soldier's Stories - rambling and musing about military life.

I voted for President Trump!

Overall activity: 40.0%

Thanks
    The US would still get blamed for all the atrocities...as usual!

V.I.P. V.I.P
    Overall activity: 27.0%

Thanks
    If it wasn't for the poppy their would be nothing in Afghanistan, nobody is fooled.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hillofbeans For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (08-12-2017),RMNIXON (08-12-2017)

Overall activity: 72.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    While old planes are likely adequate for the conflict. I have a feeling the Taliban will win as long as they are fighting foreign nationals.

Post Review / PM Disabled
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post

To replace Marine F-18s that are getting their spare parts from the junk yard.

The absolute outrage about this plan has no basis in fact and ignores the most important facets. Here’s the over view statement:

The Prince plan involves putting trainer/mentor teams at the battalion level of the Afghan National Army and augmenting their helicopter and tactical aircraft with some 90 additional high speed, low cost aircraft. The plan takes the current projected annual price for supporting the Afghan military from 40 billion down to 10 billion. Reducing the hemorrhaging of tax money to stabilize a losing effort is the strong component of a workable the plan.

The main question still is if any plan can turn around the alienation of Afghanis for the central government and the outside forces destroying their country,

Full story @ http://freerangeinternational.com/blog/?p=7161
    "Xe Corporation/Blackwater" running the Afghan war. American mercenaries doing what they want and paying no attention to US standards; which is why one of them got killed and dragged through the streets years ago.

Great, just what we need: private militias getting US into more trouble.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 77.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillofbeans View Post
    If it wasn't for the poppy their would be nothing in Afghanistan, nobody is fooled.
    There is no culture to be proud of or to be saved.

Charlie Wilson was right when he warned that we let the worst sort fill a vacuum after kicking some Soviet butt out of the country. It was all savage Islamic Wild West to begin with.
    Last edited by RMNIXON; 08-12-2017 at 04:01 PM.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- Ronald Reagan

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

Hillofbeans (08-12-2017)

Overall activity: 38.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I don't think the Taliban identify as nationalists but would be glad to kill anybody they didn't like, which is pretty much everybody else.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave37 For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (08-12-2017)

Overall activity: 40.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave37 View Post
    I don't think the Taliban identify as nationalists but would be glad to kill anybody they didn't like, which is pretty much everybody else.
    When they run out of other ppl to kill, they will start killing each other.......they were born and raised to FIGHT!

Reverting back to tribalism....
    Last edited by OverDrive; 08-12-2017 at 07:07 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave37 View Post
    From what I've read the Taliban and most of Afghanistan think everyone not a blood relative is a dang foreigner to kill and they aren't to sure about some of their relatives.

We've given Afghanistan a 4 billion dollar economy that's over 3 billion larger then it was before we got there. I think we should take bids on who wants to take our place. I think the Chinese or Iranians might put in bids. Well I can hope.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RobertLafollet For This Useful Post:

sargentodiaz (08-13-2017)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    "Xe Corporation/Blackwater" running the Afghan war. American mercenaries doing what they want and paying no attention to US standards; which is why one of them got killed and dragged through the streets years ago.

Great, just what we need: private militias getting US into more trouble.
    We could have them all identified as North Korean citizens. There's an idea we offer to transport as much of the North Korean military to Afghanistan for free as Kim wants and tell Kim he can have the place.

Thread Information