User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I think Mexicans are decent people BUT

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 64.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for almost twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sled Dog View Post
    Isn't it funny how @patrickt, who does not understand the concept of "illegal" in the phrase "illegal alien" wants to make a false comparison between the Invaders coming of their own initiative to steal work from citizens and the very dreggiest dregs (why am I not getting a spell-check highlight on that word?) of US society?

Why isn't he comparing them with the fine citizens they stole the jobs from, the citizens who could not compete for the undercut wages because they had families to support, families that were thrown out on the streets when their bread-winners could no longer pay the bills?

Patrickt is engaging in, of course, a false analogy to bolster the false argument that we need those criminals on our side of the border.

Which is, of course, bullshit.
    Sorry, Sled Dog. I didn't realize the term Mexican was synonymous for illegal alien with you. Most posters don't make a distinction with legal or illegal and simply go with Mexican. Even when posters make the distinction it's quite like leftists who use Zionists to pretend it isn't Jews they hate.

I do see Sled Dog has learn to alert me that he's quoting me, again, because I suspect he finally learned that I don't bother reading his posts.

So, Sled, for those who do read your posts, I hope they watch for you making the fine distinction. And, I hope you realize that virtually everyone in the U.S. is doing something illegal. It comes from having the incredible number of laws you enjoy.

Overall activity: 64.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for almost twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    2Cent: "Oh, but they embrace Mexico like it's the next best thing to sliced bread."

I've seen that, too, but it's not unusual for people to take times and places from the past and romanticize them. I got very depressed in high school because teachers kept saying, "You will look back on this as the best time of your life." I thought, "My god, it doesn't get better." Of course, it did get better. But just today I got a cab to meet some friends and was chatting with the cab driver. After a few minutes he said something in English. I laughed and said, "You speak English. Where were you in the U.S.?" "New York State." I laughed and said, "I think it's better to work up north but life is better here." He nodded and said, "I think so, too." But, he knew where he earned the money to get a cab.

I knew a lot of Mexican nationals who had become citizens and they were the kind of patriotic Americans that Barack Obama preached against this past 4th of July. My secretary's parents came to the U.S. without papers, worked incredibly hard, bought a little land, bought more, and ended up with a large farm and twelve kids.

Do you know where they made their money? Working farms for "Americans" who inherited farms and didn't want to work them. Often, Mr. Garza worked land in exchange for a few acres at the end of the season. It was called "custom farming". Mr. Garza ended up with a big farm but it wasn't one large property. He never forgot what brought him success.

I haven't been to the U.S. in years but most of the Americans I meet in Oaxaca are Mexicans. That is, they're not U.S. citizens but the values, the work ethic, the patriotism, the honesty of Americans is there. Most of the U.S. citizens I meet here are liberals and they have none of those attributes.

I was born an American and will die an American but I no longer belong in the U.S. I'm lonely without more Americans to talk to.

In nineteen years I haven't met a Mexican who hates like many on this forum do. We have people who hate Jews, hate Mexicans, hate blacks, and, well, just sort of a free-floating hatred.
    Last edited by patrickt; 08-12-2017 at 02:31 PM.

Overall activity: 76.0%

Thanks
    "Times from the past?" Give me a break. They visit there, regularly. They have no appreciation, whatsoever, as to the politics of the U.S. that afforded them their ability to become successful.
    They're dense to it, mainly because they do not believe in borders, as God knows no borders.
    Last edited by 2cent; 08-12-2017 at 02:30 PM.
    I've only had two beers in dog years.I've only had two beers in dog years.

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.

I've only had two beers in dog years.

Thanks
    Having been married to a Mexican for 28 years,

I saw that line & it brought back a wonderful memory for me. (Thanks Sargentodiaz). Back in the old broke days you did things to have fun that were cheap. There were 3 families that got real close living within 3 houses of each other (duplex's). One of the couples was Spanish. My mind is blank on his name but her's was Olga (gotten out of a book that her mother was reading when she was pregnant). So one evening we were drinking & playing cards & I noticed that Olga kept telling her husband to stop drinking. She finally lowered her voice & started to "chew" on him...You have an ulcer....it's going to hurt....your going to be sick....you will be moaning......& I am NOT going to do anything for you....I am not going to hold your hand...I'm going to do nothing except watch you suffer. It went on for about 4 minutes with him shrinking in his chair & everyone else trying not to laugh. You see he was a good size guy & she was maybe 5 ft
    So she finishes & leaves & we start laughing. He said no, you don't understand. She is like a pit bull.....right now she is sitting in a rocking chair facing the front door.....and when I walk in she is going to start.....Rohelleo (remembered his name)....why didn't you listen.... & he started mimicking her voice & going on & on with what she was going to say. He finished up by saying & it will go on until I fall asleep. And if I get sick tonight & she finds out it will go on all tomorrow too....I want another drink.

They were a great couple & fun to be with. But I have to say that once she got going she did come across like a very angry pit bull.

Overall activity: 52.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    Sorry, Sled Dog. I didn't realize the term Mexican was synonymous for illegal alien with you.

I'm sorry, @patrickt, I keep making the false assumption that you are an American, because for Americans "wetback" is synonymous with "Mexican" is synonymous with "illegal alien" is synonymous with "job-stealing economy depressing American harming criminal".

Thank for reminding everyone that you are no American.
    Freedom Takes "I Won't". - Eric Frank Russell

Trump has been President for 205 days and Ruth Bader Ginzberg hasn't had the decency to die. What's up with that?

Overall activity: 52.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    I was born an American and will die an American but I no longer belong in the U.S. I'm lonely without more Americans to talk to.

So you confess that you're not an American.

If you're not here sharing the problems the policy you advocate have wrought upon this nation you despise, then you're no longer an American.

That's all there is to that.

No wonder you hated Trump.

You didn't want YOUR cheap life, on the backs of the Mexicans, to end merely because the Americans you despise finally got control of their country again.
    Freedom Takes "I Won't". - Eric Frank Russell

Trump has been President for 205 days and Ruth Bader Ginzberg hasn't had the decency to die. What's up with that?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sled Dog For This Useful Post:

2cent (08-12-2017),Big Dummy (08-12-2017)

Overall activity: 6.0%

Thanks
    n/m
    Last edited by wildflower; 08-12-2017 at 08:06 PM.
    "You may forget that you are at every moment totally dependent on God."
    C.S Lewis

Senior Member V.I.P
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wildflower View Post
    n/m
    Lets hear it , what have you got to say? Mexicos wall between Guatemala and the armed force that protects it works? That the wall is fair and right for a soveirgn nation?
    "The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history." George Orwelll

Overall activity: 6.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dummy View Post
    Lets hear it , what have you got to say? Mexicos wall between Guatemala and the armed force that protects it works? That the wall is fair and right for a soveirgn nation?
    I wasn't commenting on the wall, it was something else, but I don't feel like getting into it.

As for the wall, I have no problem with it, but I tend to agree with what Ron Paul said. First, get rid of the incentives that cause people to come here illegally. Starting with the rewarding of lawbreaking, but many other things too.

ETA: When I said "here", I meant the US. But I'm not actually in the US right now, I'm in Mexico.
    Last edited by wildflower; 08-12-2017 at 08:24 PM.
    "You may forget that you are at every moment totally dependent on God."
    C.S Lewis

Thanks
    I'm sorry, @patrickt, I keep making the false assumption that you are an American, because for Americans "wetback" is synonymous with "Mexican" is synonymous with "illegal alien"

To me & maybe a lot of Texan's Mexican is a generic term for someone with Spanish heritage. In the time period I grew up in that almost always meant that there family had come from Mexico rather than another sound American country.

Wetback was a reference to swimming across the Rio Grande river. (Which most of the time you can step across & not get your feet wet). Wetback meant that you were here illegally so the words were interchangeable.

But we have to remember that different word can mean totally different things depending on what area you come from or live in.

Thread Information