User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: Are ...... The largest problem.

  1. #31
    V.I.P. V.I.P
    Overall activity: 75.0%

    potlatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    5,702
    Thanks
    7,958
    Thanked: 6,246
    Rep Power
    21474844
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I hoped the rice thing was kidding. That would be so painful. But Hawk certainly did turn out to be a nice person in spite of that.
    Yikes, I tend to take what people say 'seriously' unless it's an obvious joke, lol. Sometimes people bash me for it. I hope he was kidding!
    http://domania.us/Oaccess/AVATAR/ChristmasForumSig.gif

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to potlatch For This Useful Post:

    HawkTheSlayer (08-12-2017),Jen (08-12-2017)

  3. #32
    V.I.P. V.I.P
    Overall activity: 75.0%

    potlatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    5,702
    Thanks
    7,958
    Thanked: 6,246
    Rep Power
    21474844
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    i respect what ur saying but why is it such a bad thing for a woman to go after something they want instead of hoping the guy picks them?
    Taylor, I'm far removed from the give and take of the young generation so it's hard for me to give advice. None of my grandkids live in my city so I base my impressions on what I see on TV, read online and watching the Spring Break videos each year. Spring Break is just short of an orgy anymore...

    So it's different times for you and yes you have to show interest and some aggression to attract a guy you like - without overdoing it. Guys will make 'use of' the girls who flaunt themselves at them - but they usually pursue the the girl who is harder to get. That's how it used to be anyway....
    http://domania.us/Oaccess/AVATAR/ChristmasForumSig.gif

  4. #33
    Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 99.0%

    nonsqtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    12,879
    Thanks
    3,716
    Thanked: 9,809
    Rep Power
    21474852
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    i respect what ur saying but why is it such a bad thing for a woman to go after something they want instead of hoping the guy picks them?
    Potlatch was alluding to cheating, though.

    If it's a competition and you're just looking for a good man (or a good woman), everybody kind of knows it and the whole thing is usually aboveboard.

    On the other hand cheating involves secrets and lies and closed doors.

    It used to be the men who cheated and the women who were considered the victims.

    Now it could go either way. Some chicks are pretty brazen, especially when they get bored. lol

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to nonsqtr For This Useful Post:

    potlatch (08-12-2017)

  6. #34
    Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Overall activity: 77.0%

    HawkTheSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    South
    Posts
    19,973
    Thanks
    43,430
    Thanked: 25,609
    Rep Power
    21474858
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I hoped the rice thing was kidding. That would be so painful. But Hawk certainly did turn out to be a nice person in spite of that.
    Not kidding.
    I was the oldest and had it the roughest.

    When I was about seven or eight, the train was moving slowly by my house. I jumped up on the ladder of one of the cars and rode there for about a mile and a half where I jumped off and walked a block to my dad's workplace and surprised him.
    He asked me how I got there and I told him I had walked.

    He calls my mom up and tells her I was "over there " . She told him there was no way I walked because she had just seen me in the back yard playing ten minutes before.
    My dad never laid a hand on us and I thought I could trust him when he asked me how I had really gotten there. So I told him I caught the train.

    The surprise was on me though.
    When my mom found out, she drove "over there" and Carted me off.
    You do not want to know the rest of the story.
    Last edited by HawkTheSlayer; 08-12-2017 at 12:03 PM.
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to HawkTheSlayer For This Useful Post:

    potlatch (08-12-2017)

  8. #35
    Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Overall activity: 33.0%

    Jen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    14,651
    Thanks
    10,823
    Thanked: 15,843
    Rep Power
    21474853
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkTheSlayer View Post
    Not kidding.
    I was the oldest and had it the roughest.

    When I was about seven or eight, the train was moving slowly by my house. I jumped up on the ladder of one of the cars and rode there for about a mile and a half where I jumped off and walked a block to my dad's workplace and surprised him.
    He asked me how I got there and I told him I had walked.

    He calls my mom up and tells her I was "over there " . She told him there was no way I walked because she had just seen me in the back yard playing ten minutes before.
    My dad never laid a hand on us and I thought I could trust him when he asked me how I had really gotten there. So I told him I caught the train.

    The surprise was on me though.
    When my mom found out, she drove "over there" and Carted me off.
    You do not want to know the rest of the story.
    Oh my....




  9. #36
    Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Overall activity: 33.0%

    Jen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    14,651
    Thanks
    10,823
    Thanked: 15,843
    Rep Power
    21474853
    Quote Originally Posted by potlatch View Post
    Yikes, I tend to take what people say 'seriously' unless it's an obvious joke, lol. Sometimes people bash me for it. I hope he was kidding!
    You were right. He wasn't kidding.




  10. #37
    Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Overall activity: 33.0%

    Jen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    14,651
    Thanks
    10,823
    Thanked: 15,843
    Rep Power
    21474853
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    lol - are you available?

    Mischief is better than menace. You can be mischievous in a good way...
    Hahahaha........ not available. Hubs thinks my mischief is funny so I think I'll keep him.




  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

    HawkTheSlayer (08-12-2017),nonsqtr (08-12-2017)

  12. #38
    Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 89.0%

    2cent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,601
    Thanks
    11,315
    Thanked: 12,968
    Rep Power
    21474856
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    It really isn't safe to go barefoot anymore. How many people, women especially, in the house, hurt their toes or feet by dropping a knife on their foot in the kitchen..or a pot or a can of something..... I have kicked the dishwasher dancing with the kids. I kicked the vacuum accidentally. The dog stepped on my foot and then turned to run...I thought I was going to cry. oh shoot...I DID CRY it hurt so bad. It's safer wearing shoes and easier on the feet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    i go barefoot all the time, but then again I'm not a 1950's housewife like what ur description sounds like above.
    Just what is it, in life, made you so bereft of any sense of humor, deciding, instead, to make a nasty comment, rather than seeing the humor in @Calypso Jones' post?

    Aside from that, just what is so "1950's" about woman being in the kitchen? Or, being near a vacuum cleaner? Or, kicking up a storm with her kids dancing?

    I guess you just get a kick out of making nasty, under-handed comments. They fall flat with those of us who grew up with having that kind of fun with our moms, and, in return, having that fun with our kids.

    And yup! I've suffered a hurt toe from kicking a stupid vacuum cleaner, too!
    I've only had two beers in dog years.


    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to 2cent For This Useful Post:

    potlatch (08-17-2017)

  14. #39
    Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 99.0%

    nonsqtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    12,879
    Thanks
    3,716
    Thanked: 9,809
    Rep Power
    21474852
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cent View Post
    Just what is it, in life, made you so bereft of any sense of humor, deciding, instead, to make a nasty comment, rather than seeing the humor in @Calypso Jones' post?

    Aside from that, just what is so "1950's" about woman being in the kitchen? Or, being near a vacuum cleaner? Or, kicking up a storm with her kids dancing?

    I guess you just get a kick out of making nasty, under-handed comments. They fall flat with those of us who grew up with having that kind of fun with our moms, and, in return, having that fun with our kids.

    And yup! I've suffered a hurt toe from kicking a stupid vacuum cleaner, too!
    The whole thing with the 1950's housewife was "boredom". You know, mother's little helper and all that.

    But I'll tell ya what, I'll take home maintenance over the rat race any day of the week. I'll stay at home and vacuum the floor and do the dishes and water the flowers and trees, and wifey can go commute an hour each way if she wants.

    All the 1950's housewife really needed was a hobby. And I mean, if I stayed home all day I'd be playing the guitar "most" of the time, and writing songs, and generally experimenting with any musical-sounding thing I could find lying around. It wouldn't be a problem at all, wake up early and pack the kids off to school then you can go back to sleep till the 11 o'clock news, and then you got maybe two hours' worth of work and then you can start playing the guitar till the kids come back. (And if you get really lucky your son will do something wrong so you can get "him" to mow the lawn instead of having to do it yourself). lol

  15. #40
    Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 89.0%

    2cent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,601
    Thanks
    11,315
    Thanked: 12,968
    Rep Power
    21474856
    @nonsqtr, I hope that "lol" at the end of your post was meant towards your whole post, and not just the last part.
    I've only had two beers in dog years.


    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •