User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Should More Murder Suspects Die During Arrests?

Overall activity: 9.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oskar View Post
    I have no problem with various classifications such as involuntary manslaughter just so as the right charge is applied.

Fact remains that Manson did not kill anybody and should not be in prison.
    Manson killed people. He killed them using stupid followers as his weapon.
    I worked for Dennis Wilson. He took one of Manson's songs and rewrote it, and recorded it, with Wilson being listed as the writer of the song. He did this because Manson owed Wilson a great deal of money. Manson threatened Wilson. Dennis never talked much about it, but he did tell me that he was afraid of Manson and his "family". He said he saw Manson shoot a black man and throw him down a well. While authorities say there is no evidence it happened, I saw evidence in Dennis Wilson's eyes. He hired bodyguards because of the Tate-LaBianca murders. Your opinion notwithstanding, Manson is guilty of Murder.
    Just be aware that anyone who sticks up for Manson makes me sick. Charles Manson is an evil sick twisted asshole and has no right to be alive.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 65.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for almost twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    @tiny1, I tend to agree on Manson and just want to point out that I think Al Sharpton is legally guilty of murder in whipping up a mob in Crown Heights and sending them out where they killed an innocent man. He also whipped up emotions in the Freddie's Fashion Mart conflict that ended up with an arson, a popular liberal protest tactic, that killed a number of people.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

tiny1 (08-12-2017)

Oaxaca, Mexico, for almost twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I just remembered that a woman legislator in Texas introduced a bill to make "unregulated masturbation by men" illegal. There would be a $100 fine.

I think that law might help states such as Illinois, New York, and California solve their debt crisis but Texas doesn't have that problem.

Hangin out, lookin around
    Overall activity: 99.8%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny1 View Post
    Just be aware that anyone who sticks up for Manson makes me sick.
    Take two pills and call me in the morning.
    "Woe to details! Posterity neglects them all. They are a kind of vermin that undermines large works." - Voltaire

"It's a rotten wall, and a few good kicks will bring it crashing down." - Vladimir Lenin

"Nothing is more certainly written in the book of fate than that these people (blacks) are to be free, nor is it less certain that the two races, equally free, cannot live in the same government." - Thomas Jefferson

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I want to mention that I did arrest a man for murder who wasn't a murderer. The guy he'd hit with his fan, dragged for a half-mile, then ran over twice, lived. I arrested a couple of other murderers who weren't bad people. One was really an accident but he plead guilty to second-degree murder and the other was a man who killed his wife's boyfriend. I felt kind of sorry for him.

Overall activity: 6.0%

Thanks
    You are talking about Manson?

Manson was sentenced to death by the state of California. Then SCOTUS abolished the death penalty for everyone in all states in 1972 with their opinion in Furman v. Georgia. Manson's sentence was converted into life without parole.

Gregg v Georgia in 1976 reinstated the death penalty but was not retroactive, so Manson could not be resentenced.

It wasn't just California.
    Remember at the time California was a purple to red state and Reagan was governor.
    If it's us or them, I choose us.

================================================== ==================

We have one flag, one country, one national anthem. We have one President. That "trumps" everything else.

Trump represents the people of Pittsburgh NOT Paris.

Thanks
    Words mean things. There has to be willful intent to kill maliciously for murder to take place and someone has to have actually killed someone. Felony murder doctrine obfuscates the need for this to be so, makes a mockery of our justice system, and only enriches and promotes lawyers.
    If you are trying to commit a burglary or armed robbery and it goes awry I don't see why that shouldn't be the most serious murder charge available.

We have one flag, one country, one national anthem. We have one President. That "trumps" everything else.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JBG View Post
    If you are trying to commit a burglary or armed robbery and it goes awry I don't see why that shouldn't be the most serious murder charge available.
    You mean if a burglar or armed robber kills someone in the process of burglary or armed robbery? Sure, that could be a murder.
    "Woe to details! Posterity neglects them all. They are a kind of vermin that undermines large works." - Voltaire

"It's a rotten wall, and a few good kicks will bring it crashing down." - Vladimir Lenin

"Nothing is more certainly written in the book of fate than that these people (blacks) are to be free, nor is it less certain that the two races, equally free, cannot live in the same government." - Thomas Jefferson

Thanks
    You mean if a burglar or armed robber kills someone in the process of burglary or armed robbery? Sure, that could be a murder.
    Well that's exactly what felony murder is. The intent from the other intentional crime is transferred to the killing. Classic murder is when you plan to kill someone and you do kill someone. Felony murder transfers the intent from the intent to steal, i.e. burglary or robbery, to the death that results when things don't go as planned.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JBG View Post
    Well that's exactly what felony murder is. The intent from the other intentional crime is transferred to the killing. Classic murder is when you plan to kill someone and you do kill someone. Felony murder transfers the intent from the intent to steal, i.e. burglary or robbery, to the death that results when things don't go as planned.
    I said that it could be murder. It could also be involuntary manslaughter. Depends a lot on circumstances.

Thread Information