User Tag List

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283132333435363738

Thread: Atheists and prosyletization

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 98.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    Man you have no idea of what Christianity is. You need a serious teacher, I'd suggest @roadmaster.
    He is Jehovah false witnesses. They don't believe in the bodily resurrection of Christ. They also believe they become gods. My salvation hinges on the death burial and bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ.

And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
    38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
    39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
    40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

Overall activity: 98.0%

Thanks
    But thanks @Quark I think, but until he believes the Bible instead of what the Watchtower feeds him, I can't help him. All the false religions go outside the Bible to defend their beliefs.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to roadmaster For This Useful Post:

Quark (08-16-2017)

Alumni Member V.I.P
    Overall activity: 78.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    That does sound like he is JW. They are a very strange sect. I was a friendly acquaintance of a JW. Because I would not convert I was "fired" as "friend". I've never been fired as "friend" of Christian before. It was a strange feeling.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Quark For This Useful Post:

roadmaster (08-16-2017)

Overall activity: 75.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by S-N-A-F-U View Post
    I'm not interested in gods, only the one and only True God, capital "G."
    Oh. So you mean the particular Magic Sky Pixie that's responsible for the errors and contradictions and falsehoods in the Bible.
    Freedom Takes "I Won't". - Eric Frank Russell

Trump has been President for 205 days and Ruth Bader Ginzberg hasn't had the decency to die. What's up with that?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sled Dog For This Useful Post:

Quark (08-17-2017)

Overall activity: 32.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    If you ever find the "True God" let us all know. Man has been trying to find the "True God" since man first landed on this rock.
    Unfortunately, folks such as you failed at the onset and beyond. However, that doesn't negate others finding God. I've already found the True God through both historical events and Biblical study of his word.Unlike politics where the majority rules, its the opposite in God's scheme of things where only the minority will find God through faith, knowledge and dedication...

“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, only a few find it." ~ Mat. 7:13-14
    Last edited by S-N-A-F-U; 08-17-2017 at 06:41 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    That does sound like he is JW. They are a very strange sect. I was a friendly acquaintance of a JW. Because I would not convert I was "fired" as "friend". I've never been fired as "friend" of Christian before. It was a strange feeling.
    I think they call it being "Disfellowshipped."

" I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people." ~ Rom. 16:17-18
    Last edited by S-N-A-F-U; 08-17-2017 at 06:42 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I'm a newly minted Atheist. But believe me I done more searching than most Christians will ever do. Christianity requires blindness but especially ignorance to be a good Christian.
    On the contrary, the faithful one must firstly abandon his/her former way of life and dedicate him or herself to gaining knowledge on a continual basis without some weak reasons of emotion, self induced denial or hidden agenda. But most of all, one must seek God's approval and blessing. God will sort them out, he always does....

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." ~ Rom. 12: 1-2

Last edited by S-N-A-F-U; 08-17-2017 at 06:45 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Man you have no idea of what Christianity is. You need a serious teacher, I'd suggest @roadmaster.
    Seriously, you jest. Those who follow the dictates of a church that hold firm to "traditions of men" over Scripture is seriously lacking in Biblical knowledge. They fold like a tent when approached with Scripture that conflicts with their erroneous beliefs.

@
    roadmasterRoadie and I have had numerous encounters concerning the above, but refuses to reconcile those differences by using Scripture as the final arbiter. But alas, I've had the same experience with some of the clergy over the years concerning the same issues that they too won't address.

Roadie, I would be more than happy to resurrect those discussions regarding your false belief in the pagan Trinity and its history vs Scripture with Logic in the mix.. <wink>

Last edited by S-N-A-F-U; 08-17-2017 at 06:50 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sled Dog View Post
    Oh. So you mean the particular Magic Sky Pixie that's responsible for the errors and contradictions and falsehoods in the Bible.
    That comes from the ignorance of being able to separate the Literal, Figurative and Symbolic language of the Bible from one another. Not to mention, the numerous errors made due to out of context references.
    Last edited by S-N-A-F-U; 08-17-2017 at 06:25 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster View Post
    He is Jehovah false witnesses. They don't believe in the bodily resurrection of Christ. They also believe they become gods. My salvation hinges on the death burial and bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ.

And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
    38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
    39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
    40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
    Your claims are as erroneous as some of your beliefs. Dost thou remember the Scripture of bearing false witness, hmm? Iffen I sound like a JW, could it be we share some of the same scriptures -- rather than pic 'n' choose what tickles the ears. <wink>
    Last edited by S-N-A-F-U; 08-17-2017 at 06:52 AM.

Thread Information