User Tag List

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: California and San Francisco Take Additional Steps Towards Lawlessness

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Thanks
    Of the states you listed, I would only have interest in:

A. REvisiting Washington DC (Primarily, to tour the Smithsonian, which is, hands down THE best "attraction" in the city. At least in my opinion.....)

B. New York. Because I have never been there, and would like to see it. Also I would like to see a few Broadway shows (NO, Mother Fuckers, I ain't Gay, damnit! I just like shows!!!)

California? Been there, done that. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL state, but....no real reason for me to go back.

Illinois? Well, I will be visiting sometime later in the year, when I go see my family in Missouri. (I will have to spend about 15-20 minutes in the state, as I drive through Cairo--a REALLY unique historical city. That now looks like a really nice, unique small city...sticking up out of a wasteland of poverty.....)

You forgot to mention:

--Tennessee: Although, you may want to avoid "Memphrica." And, Nashville is currently under the jurisdiction of a lady we now refer to as "Mayor Moonbeam," because she is so Liberal.

--Florida: LOTS of ocean and beaches. On THREE sides! Plus, they have Disney WORLD (Much better than Disney LAND), and a Universal studios theme park.

--Alaska: Never been there, but....everyone who has, has told me it is absolutely beautiful!

--Texas: They got...DUDE Ranches, dudes!!!! (Seriously....if you want to go see some VAST vistas, historical sites, or, just play Cowboy....Texas is where you need to be!)
    Al Swearengen: What's your partner so mad about all the time?
    Sol Star: He's not mad.
    Al Swearengen: He's got a mean way of being happy.

Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 92.0%

Thanks
    There are excellent suggestions here; the trouble is, NONE of it will be done.

Because the Elites don't WANT it done. Many of them WANT this; many more lack the courage to take a stance.

So it will continue, until California breaks down in complete anarchy.

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks
    I think it better to avoid the liberal cities like San Francisco, new Orleans, Seattle, Portland.
    I don't think too many folks want to visit Detroit or Chicago.

Certainly not for me, but I can see how some folks would like to see NYC OR LA. Although I think I could spend a few weeks on the beach somewhere on Long Island.
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HawkTheSlayer For This Useful Post:

Daily Bread (07-11-2017)

50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassOverdriveVeteran
    Overall activity: 69.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheResister View Post
    I am embarrassed by the arguments coming from those on my own side of the fence.

It was an individual on the right who took the federal government to court and fought all the way to the United States Supreme Court in order to establish the fact that state and local LEOs are not required to enforce federal statutory laws. We have jurisdictions. We do not need a ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT.

I am embarrassed because that ruling guarantees us that state and local law enforcement are not compelled to enforce draconian gun laws if a liberals gets into office and tries bans, confiscations, etc. The people on our side refuse to learn about stare decisis / precedents.

If places like San Francisco can afford the undocumented population and if the federal government withholds funds to the extent that those funds are used to the benefit of non-citizens, then California should be left alone to do what they feel is in their best interests.

Do you remember that line in the movie The Patriot, "Benjamin Martin:Would you tell me please, Mr. Howard, why should I trade one tyrant three thousand miles away for three thousand tyrants one mile away?" How about the converse of that in this instance? Not only has the right picked up the cause of the Democrats on this issue, now they don't want to give Freedom a chance.

What are you really afraid of?
    I agree with your assessment of states rights but the proponents of secession cannot be the sole result of a segment of the population that is using the citizens as pawns . Things must change . I also am a fervent believer that in elections where a entity controls the purse and budget can only be elected into office by a TAXPAYER .
    That's when the problems will subside .
    It's time to take off the gloves

Buy It
    Fly It
    Stick It To The Left

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Daily Bread For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (07-11-2017)

50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassOverdriveVeteran
    Overall activity: 69.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkTheSlayer View Post
    I think it better to avoid the liberal cities like San Francisco, new Orleans, Seattle, Portland.
    I don't think too many folks want to visit Detroit or Chicago.

Certainly not for me, but I can see how some folks would like to see NYC OR LA. Although I think I could spend a few weeks on the beach somewhere on Long Island.
    Too many tourists from NYC out here Hawk . They all own the houses and beach lands . I'd rather drive up the Pacific Coast Highway and pull into any beach .
    Long Islands not the place to come in the summer .
    But I gotta tell you these little villages that dot Long Island all the way out to Montauk Pt are great .
    It's time to take off the gloves

Buy It
    Fly It
    Stick It To The Left

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Daily Bread For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (07-11-2017)

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daily Bread View Post
    Too many tourists from NYC out here Hawk . They all own the houses and beach lands . I'd rather drive up the Pacific Coast Highway and pull into any beach .
    But I gotta tell you these little villages that dot Long Island all the way out to Montauk Pt are great .
    I love the water. Freshwater lakes and salt water beaches. For all the coast we have, it is mostly marshes with few beaches. Grand Isle in the eastern part of the state and Holly Beach in the western. Only a few miles. Not the greatest beaches. Not white Sands like Florida. We gotta go to Texas or alabama/Florida.

But for me , I like to wait till the mighty Mississippi River gets real low and camp on the islands and huge sandbars that form. Some are 100-200 acres and perfect for riding four wheelers, etc.

asset-3.jpg
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points31 days registered
    Overall activity: 84.0%

Thanks
    I agree with your assessment of states rights but the proponents of secession cannot be the sole result of a segment of the population that is using the citizens as pawns . Things must change . I also am a fervent believer that in elections where a entity controls the purse and budget can only be elected into office by a TAXPAYER .
    That's when the problems will subside .
    If the citizenry in San Francisco are happy with their situation, who are we to interfere? If we leave them alone and allow the precedent to stand, they can't very well condemn other geographical areas that use the laws to their advantage and do the opposite of San Francisco - or something totally different, relying on that standing precedent as justification for their actions.

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class

Thanks
    California hasn't been that way for a long, LONG time.

I was there in the early 1990s. Had a VW camper. And what I found is that MOST beaches are closed to private camping and campers. Some have only limited public access. Parking on the street near a beach, with intentions of hanging out (like, popping up your top or cooking) gets you routed by the cops.

Only found ONE place in modern times that allows open, hippie-type camping on the beach: Long Beach, Washington. It truly surprised me that they allowed vehicles right up to the surf. And I have no idea how long that will continue.

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points31 days registered
    Overall activity: 84.0%

Thanks
    ????? I can't explain what just happened. Posted my comments and nothing was there
    Last edited by TheResister; 07-11-2017 at 11:36 AM.

V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    A nation that cannot control its borders is not a sovereign entity.

And the Constitution is not a suicide pact. It has never been so intended; and it never was intended that way.

And your looking for **MAGIC WORDS** to allow the open-border fantasy you crave, isn't going to persuade rational people.

Thread Information