User Tag List

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: N word

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Well, it's not so much snark as it is - wow, that's bad that something like that had to be announced.
    Some posters don't realize stuff like that shouldn't be in a subject line. I remember back on Political Jack it had to be announced. Some people insisted on putting the vilest things right out there on the headline. I've seen the announcement on more than one board. Just surprised you're thinking "wow" I guess.

It still feels like snark.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

NORAD (06-27-2017)

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class3 months registered
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    I don't approve of the radical far right - no. They have to be told not to throw around the word N*&^@! in a public place.

THAT says a great deal about some of the posters around here.
    The radical far left wants to limit free speech, as you just demonstrated.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Indian Giver For This Useful Post:

NORAD (06-27-2017),Rickity Plumber (06-27-2017)

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranTagger First Class

Thanks
    I just saw a vile anti-Heeb thread..not here.

I gave him a big middle finger.

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class3 months registered

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    You have no right to approve, or not, of others' speech.

Are you as loud in condemnation of rap "artists" and their "lyrics"?
    They are allowed to use the word. It isn't racism because the radical far left defines racism differently then how it is actually understood by lucid people. Racism is making judgments or taking action based upon skin color. For a far left social justice oriented person of color or white ally, racism is prejudice plus power. And only white people can have power, no matter if they are the minority or not in power. It follows that only white people can be racist. This is the thinking behind the white privilege onslaught on young minds. The narrative says that racism is systematic and not personal, and all white people are racist because they have power because they benefit from being born white. They must spend their entire life atoning for the sin of being born white and can never escape the charge of being racist because it is an inborn trait because the system benefits them and oppresses people of color. Being colorblind is racism because it does not acknowledge the identity of people of color even though race is a social construct invented by white people to entrench white supremacy. White people are expected to shut up and acknowledge their privilege and racism. People of color can say anything they want because of slavery, and Manifest Destiny, or exclusion laws. Only they can be oppressed. They are incapable of oppressing others because they are not white. Even if they are the majority they are still not racist because white privilege gives white people power. As long as white people exist the power dynamic will always be against the people of color. It shouldn't take much imagination as to what the end game of this kind of thinking entails.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Indian Giver For This Useful Post:

JustPassinThru (06-27-2017),NORAD (06-27-2017)

Diplomatic Asshole, VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 18.0%

Thanks
    That's what the thread's about, and the question of whether to announce or not has no lean to it. A right winger said "US" and I answered him.
    Uh-huh, do you even know what you are posting?

(Allow me to highlight it this time, and see if you can follow along...)
    I don't approve of the radical far right - no. They have to be told not to throw around the word N*&^@! in a public place. THAT says a great deal about some of the posters around here.
    Wonder why I don't subscribe to your claim of being a centrist. Possibly because you can't take responsibility for your posts, or misleading statements.
    When you open your heart to patriotism, there's no room for racism. ~Donald J. Trump
    Rule # 3 - Never believe what you're told, double check.
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. ~D. H. Lawrence
    Quote Originally Posted by RGV View Post
    This is America. When you make an accusation, like you have, the burden of proof is on you.
    Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, all the other genders are from Uranus.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FirstGenCanadian For This Useful Post:

NORAD (06-27-2017),Rickity Plumber (06-27-2017)

Forum IT Staff IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 22.0%

Thanks
    I'm still on break from the forum. Having life issues. I'm just visiting and happened to see this.

I wanted to say I feel @Trinnity is absolutely correct here. It's a matter of optics. Guests come and read our threads. Those just lurking looking for opinions do as well. When we use hate speech, especially without context as in a short thread title,it creates a perception of racism here. Anyone who has been here long enough knows you all don't mean harm by it nor do you really mean anything by it....but the guests don't. The users who are not here often or who are not regulars do not know this. We're creating an atmosphere we won't be able to bring the forum back from. I know you all mean well and it's really just part of the discussion. Here and there is fine...but it has been rather excessive in the past few months. I stand behind Trin on this topic.

Just my two cents. I'm going back into the shadows. Life is not going well for me right now. Hope you all are doing well.
    Last edited by Matt; 06-27-2017 at 12:28 AM.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Matt For This Useful Post:

Big Bird (06-27-2017),Jen (06-27-2017),NORAD (06-27-2017),Rickity Plumber (06-27-2017)

Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan40 View Post
    Ten HUT, Yes SIR, er Mam. Ah wont bees usin da Nword whens i's talkin bout burrheads, dem shines n' darkies doan gots ta worries no mo, fur sho. But its OK to say BEHEADING. Like I beheading home now.
    Good grief, Dan.

Because of the attitudes of the radical right around here; it HAD to be announced. That's bad. And what's with the @?
    Well, it's not so much snark as it is - wow, that's bad that something like that had to be announced.
    Well duh; it's sad that it had to be announced that we shouldn't just be throwin out the word Ni#$@!
    I don't approve of the radical far right - no. They have to be told not to throw around the word N*&^@! in a public place. THAT says a great deal about some of the posters around here.
    The announcement DID say that the word could be used in thread titles and I would think some other appropriate type of labeling for a point, but to have to announce it like it's sort of regularly used by some, says something...I'm on four boards, and the word, along with others, has been used before, but not to the point that admin had to announce to stop using it.
    And you're one the guys that the announcement was aimed at.
    Stop stirring shit, mk? You're enjoying this way too much. It's inflammatory and in bad taste. It comes off looking like this:

We VALUE free speech here, and the test of that resolve is perseverance in the face of criticism. I'm loathe to censor people. I'm not mad at the members who did it. They didn't break any rules. I'm just asking for some decorum.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

Big Bird (06-27-2017),HawkTheSlayer (06-27-2017),Rickity Plumber (06-27-2017)

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points31 days registered
    Overall activity: 31.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkTheSlayer View Post
    I got thread banned a couple of days ago at another forum for typing dindu in a general statement. Not as a reply to anyone. I appealed and lost.
    They told me they don't allow thug, dindu or coon.

I went back to the home page and there was one of your old post mates calling President Trump and the GOP , thugs.

Evidently thug can be used to describe one set of people but not another.
    Well, anyone who has been around long should know about the double standard in regards to anything racial...to avoid trouble....just remember this: blacks are always innocent victimes and whites and republicans are always racist....not complicated.

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points31 days registered
    Overall activity: 31.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    Good grief, Dan.

Stop stirring shit, mk? You're enjoying this way too much. It's inflammatory and in bad taste. It comes off looking like this:

We VALUE free speech here, and the test of that resolve is perseverance in the face of criticism. I'm loathe to censor people. I'm not mad at the members who did it. They didn't break any rules. I'm just asking for some decorum.
    I prefer the term 'Negro' that is a respectful term...or at least it was when I was growing up....maybe that is why it is no longer politically correct...they like something more dramatic like black....which in history was one of the first terms for them but that changed to Negro...been so many changes in what they approve of it is kinda hard to keep up....i expect them to ban african-american soon as it is becoming recognized as connected too much with criminal activity aka every day on the crime report...dis african american did dat...dis african american did dis....obviouosly that woid must be changed to something that connotes innocence...how bout...'angelic peoples of color' a tad long but it might help their image.
    Last edited by Skippie; 06-27-2017 at 05:56 AM.

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 17.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom-Cruise View Post
    In the household I was brought up in the N word was used exclusively to describe a person from Afreaka.... coons, nig-nogs, monkeys, spear throwers..etc etc
    The point I am trying to make is this, although being English and having a pretty thorough knowledge of every word to describe a black person I do not use it willy nilly.
    If I choose to use those words posted above it would be an insult, and the recipiant would know the insults were coming.
    Is that the black version of eggnog?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to East of the Beast For This Useful Post:

MrogersNhood (10-26-2017)

Thread Information