User Tag List

Thread: Amazing Girl Uses PVC Pipe Compound BowFishing

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Thanks

Amazing Girl Uses PVC Pipe Compound BowFishing

This is cool, I think I will try and make one for the fun of it.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to roadmaster For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (06-17-2017),Joe Hallenbeck (06-18-2017),Rickity Plumber (06-18-2017),RMNIXON (06-17-2017),The Man (06-17-2017)

Senior Member V.I.P
    Overall activity: 81.0%

Thanks
    The vid ends before she strings the bow.
    "The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history." George Orwelll

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    I'd like to see some of those Berkeley students do something like that.

They'd starve to death waiting for someone to bring them sushi.

Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    The Chukchi and other native tribes up in north-east Siberia still go out to sea to hunt whales and walruses their old school way: in small boats, with harpoons

The whale gets picked apart right there, on the beach, they eat the meat raw, some - right there, on the spot

And more carry away for later.

That's why their beaches are always full of whale bones...

Russia has no commercial whaling anymore, like back in Soviet Union, which had a huge whaling fleet

Putin banned it, except for those Northern natives (and they have to hunt the traditional way, as shown above).

It's hard for modern Russians to believe, but the Chukchi and other Northerners, who are, more or less, seen as these kindly, a bit stupid, people, today, were fierce, deadly warriors, once upon a time. Even Genghis Khan and his Mongols never strayed too far North, because of these much feared wild tribes.

They hunted whales with spears and harpoons, as shown above, and polar bears - with bows and arrows

They were deadly with their bows, a skill passed down from father to son

They also made sturdy battle armor from animal skins and bones, and even used some metal as well:

During the Russian conquest of Siberia, the most ferocious resistance came up there, in the Far North, from the Chukchi and others

Their arrows killed plenty of proud Cossacks of General Yermak's army...

Today, though, traditional archery survives mostly only among Southern Siberian peoples, such as the Buryats

Down there, it's a national sport, every high school has archery teams, the way American schools have football teams

(and their girls love archers too lol)

Buryats make up most of both the men's and women's national Olympic archery teams

In the North though, Russians basically killed the ancient archery culture of the Chukchi, Sakha, Koryaks, etc, by introducing them to firearms...

Now, most up there own guns

lol And the bow and arrow are long forgotten...

It's sad. It was their heritage. We kinda took it from them... But, gave them something better too, I suppose, this way...

Still. I believe its their natural affinity for bowmanship that also makes them such great marksmen. Note that one up top, with the Dragunov. No scope. They don't use scopes. Ever. Even most of their snipers in Russian army, who are among the best of the best, rarely use scopes. Don't need to. They are just that good. Deadly, deadly people...
    Last edited by The Man; 06-17-2017 at 08:25 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Man For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (06-17-2017),Old Navy (08-10-2017)

V.I.P. V.I.P
    Overall activity: 86.0%

Thanks
    The opening shot in the video is her standing three feet from a thin wood target and her bow can barely hit it with an arrow, fail.

Overall activity: 37.0%

Thanks
    I have three different types but I liked her concept. I would change a few things like a notch where the arrow could sit for example and a few others to improve it. I shoot left handed even though I am right handed, same way with a long gun.

Overall activity: 63.0%

Thanks
    "Hot boring" a hole in PVC pipe is EXTREMELY dangerous! Those fumes coming from the PVC will kill you. The girl has a "dust mask" on in the video which does really little to prevent inhalation.

Obviously she is not in the US . . . perhaps South America or even SE Asia. She has to fish out of necessity but she has devised a method of putting arrows downrange with some accuracy. Traipsing around in swift flowing creeks is also dangerous. None of us here would recommenced that.

I am curious as to this concept. I really do not think she came up with this design herself. If she did, she is an Einstein.

But a great video. It shows how people use what is available to them from the resources at hand.
    Originally Posted by sooda
    "You are an internet expert, Rickety".

Just Had to Do it
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Retiredat50 View Post
    The opening shot in the video is her standing three feet from a thin wood target and her bow can barely hit it with an arrow, fail.
    Yep....but she walked away with 2 fish.

Seems to me the Republican strategy is to play STUPID.

And the Democrats strategy is to be STUPID.
    Originally Posted by Dan40

“Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” ― Aristotle

Merry Christmas" "God Bless America" "One Nation Under God" "In God We Trust" "Buy American" "Eat More Bacon" "Buy More Guns"

Thread Information