User Tag List

Thread: Fake News

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 55.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for almost twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Fake News

Why should liberals have all the fun and write the fake news.

I went to the English Library this morning and the usual liberal suspects were there. I said, "I read this morning that Time Magazine is putting out a special issue with a special Man of the Year."

"Really? Who is it?"
    "It's that fellow Anonymous Source who's always being quoted in the NYT and the Washington Post."

Excited chatter was followed by one liberal saying, "Really?"

Each presidency has it's defining quote. For President Nixon it was, "I am not a crook." For President Clinton it's "I did not have sex with that woman." For President Bush the Senior it was "Read my lips. No new taxes." And, for President Obama it was, "If you like your health insurance you can keep your health insurance, period." Now it's four months into the Trump presidency and he's already got his definihg quote. "Fuck the New York Times." At last, something on which Trump and I can agree.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

Frankenvoter (05-19-2017),HawkTheSlayer (05-19-2017),Jim Scott (05-19-2017),Old Navy (05-19-2017),RMNIXON (05-19-2017),Rutabaga (05-19-2017)

Senior Member Forum Donor
    Overall activity: 77.0%

Thanks
    You're not even close, Patrick. TRUMP'S DEFINING PHRASE (so far) is:

"Crooked Hillary"
    "The history of government management of money has, except for a few short happy periods, been one of incessant fraud and deception." -- economist Fredrich August von Hayek (1899-1992)

"It is hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions than putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong." - Thomas Sowell

"The most refreshing thing you find in government is competence, because it is so rare." - Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Thread Information