User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Name Your Favorite Donut

Games People Play V.I.P
    Overall activity: 70.0%

Thanks
    That was just the evil work of the Health Nazis.

They had their fad diet...the Atkins Diet. Like other fad diets, it swept across the ranks of the Soap Opera Moms - the ones most likely to be living on Krispy Kremes. So sales fell, for a time, like a stone.

KK was expanding into the Midwest, and they had put up a new donut plant somewhere in central Ohio. Between the time they started building and the time it was ready, sales were off so much they couldn't justify running it. It was mothballed...I don't know what happened to it.

Games People Play V.I.P

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickity Plumber View Post

I talk shit once in a while. Donut eating contests were never in the picture. You are a good man JPT, do not punish yourself. Treat yourself . . . occasionally.
    Diabetes. The way for me not to punish myself is to eat that spinach.

The worst part of it is, I'm a borderline case. No medicine - just diet and exercise. My A1C is actually improving, now that I'm living on a more-or-less normal sleep/wake cycle.

I am making progress and I can screw it up. By not exercising and with a bad diet.

I don't want to be living on insulin injections in my old age.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JustPassinThru For This Useful Post:

Northern Rivers (05-20-2017)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 99.0%

Thanks
    Apple fritter.

Senior Member V.I.P
    Overall activity: 81.0%

Thanks
    Plain old fashioned. No glaze. Got to be fresh. With my own coffee. Blue Mountain blend today.

Have not had a donut in about 2 months. Last one was a cinnamon roll. Only ones that are good an hour or two after cooked.
    "The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history." George Orwelll

V.I.P. V.I.P
    Overall activity: 81.0%

Thanks
    I think I go in a Cafe about twice a year and when I take a donut it`s always only ====Boston Cream or Whipped cream inside the donut
    Sooooooooooooooooo good!
    We can judge the heart of a nation by his treatment of animals.

Lets have a drink lol "America so beautiful" makes me cry because it would be really beautiful without Islam!

"One slice of bacon a day keep the Muslims away, add pork juice in Hallal food"

"The're friends who will offer advice and wisdom. They're are cowgirls who come blasting through your door with whiskey, weapons, a shovel, and a plan! "

NEW PRESIDENT OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND OF CANADA*DONALD J. TRUMP

TRUMP IS THE WALL
    Overall activity: 31.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    That was just the evil work of the Health Nazis.

They had their fad diet...the Atkins Diet. Like other fad diets, it swept across the ranks of the Soap Opera Moms - the ones most likely to be living on Krispy Kremes. So sales fell, for a time, like a stone.

KK was expanding into the Midwest, and they had put up a new donut plant somewhere in central Ohio. Between the time they started building and the time it was ready, sales were off so much they couldn't justify running it. It was mothballed...I don't know what happened to it.
    That Atkins diet is actually quite effective. Bodybuilders figured it out for quick fat loss decades ahead of that book. Im not sure if Atkins came before Keto but its basically the same damn thing, high protein, high/moderate fats, low/no carbs.

I used to get into that stuff when I had time for it. Now I just stick to the "in moderation" and "being so busy I forget to eat" diet, depends on the day.
    Blessed be the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Games People Play V.I.P

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron View Post
    That Atkins diet is actually quite effective. Bodybuilders figured it out for quick fat loss decades ahead of that book. Im not sure if Atkins came before Keto but its basically the same damn thing, high protein, high/moderate fats, low/no carbs.

I used to get into that stuff when I had time for it. Now I just stick to the "in moderation" and "being so busy I forget to eat" diet, depends on the day.
    It's effective.

It's murder on the body.

My doc in Wisconsin believed in it; and I cut the carbs WAY down.

I was actually getting a ketone odor on my breath - man, that smells sick. The doc here told me to take a bit more carbs, and the sickly-sweet breath stink went away.

That can't be good on the body. As with anything else...there is a diet of too much carbohydrate; and then a diet of not enough.

Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Bald
    If an asset that the government can get for nothing capital is essential to producing assets that command prices consumption goods then you would be wise to search for a sleight-of-hand operation.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to squidward For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (05-20-2017)

Alumni Member V.I.P
    Overall activity: 18.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    Diabetes. The way for me not to punish myself is to eat that spinach.

The worst part of it is, I'm a borderline case. No medicine - just diet and exercise. My A1C is actually improving, now that I'm living on a more-or-less normal sleep/wake cycle.

I am making progress and I can screw it up. By not exercising and with a bad diet.

I don't want to be living on insulin injections in my old age.
    Moderate the gluten you eat...namely, pasta. For a Wop like me, that was tough...but worked wonders.
    If you don't practice...you'll sound like it. And, if you don't tune, your life will sound like it, too. Listen to the intervals. That's where it all hides from you.....

Alumni Member V.I.P
    Overall activity: 18.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickity Plumber View Post
    Sorry to hear that JPT. As we get older the pounds seem to get packed on so very easy. I am no skinny minny anymore and I do avoid treats like donuts. However, since I have basically wrote off donut eating, I am not going to deny myself other less simpler treats just because I am older.

My wife would like it if I went on a spinach/carrot diet but it aint gonna happen. I am just beginning to enjoy life after retirement (semi) and that is what I want to do along with my wife.

I rarely buy things I would LIKE to have such as my favorite food groups, Cheetos, Fritos, Doritos and if I pass them by, I can perhaps have that extra hamburger on the grill.

Don't deny yourself things that make life enjoyable JPT. Any doctor will tell you anything in moderation is okay for you. I would like to be around for a long time yet. Eating is a reward for the wife and I. Occasionally we buy something like a Mounds or an Almond Joy and have that. Occasionally means once a month or so.

I talked of eating donuts at the plumbing supply houses on Friday. In reality, I would have grabbed a donut from the box if they were there in front of me. However, the past few years I would pass them by more often than I grabbed one.

I talk shit once in a while. Donut eating contests were never in the picture. You are a good man JPT, do not punish yourself. Treat yourself . . . occasionally.
    From what you just wrote...I suggest you get a treadmill stresser.
    If you don't practice...you'll sound like it. And, if you don't tune, your life will sound like it, too. Listen to the intervals. That's where it all hides from you.....

Thread Information