User Tag List

Thread: England....

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 65.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for almost twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

England....

is a mess. But, there are a few things I truly admire. One is their writers, another is their comedic actors. Agatha Christie and Peter Sellers will live forever.

And their royals. My dearest friend in the world died not too long ago and she went through the blitz in London. She told me that I couldn't imagine how it made people feel to see the King and Queen out in the street the morning after the bombs fell.

And, I've always admired the obituaries they write for the veterans.

Now, we have this....

"Yesterday, however, on what would have been Sgt Davidsonís birthday, the family proudly attended a party at Buckingham Palace Ė hosted by Afghan veteran Harry and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Ė for 800 children whose fathers had fallen in battle.And itís clear from the heartwarming picture, top right, of Harry surprising Jayden, eight, and Jamie, six, by crouching for a face-to-face chat, just how much the Royal recognition meant.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4h0l4E1pK

I'm sure there were gallons of tears shed but it was a wonderful gesture.

Overall activity: 7.0%

Thanks
    I surely wish Charles would abdicate and let William be crowned King. Elizabeth would have retired as Queen Mother long ago if Charles would just give it up. The British People adore William and Kate, and in Harry they see the same kind of Prince that led Britian into battle for more than a thousand years.

RedheadAdmin V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 43.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Katzndogz View Post
    I surely wish Charles would abdicate and let William be crowned King. Elizabeth would have retired as Queen Mother long ago if Charles would just give it up. The British People adore William and Kate, and in Harry they see the same kind of Prince that led Britian into battle for more than a thousand years.
    I don't think the queen is thinking that way at all.
    Thank you for helping us provide great customer service.

English, thus superior Forum Donor
    Overall activity: 17.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    is a mess. But, there are a few things I truly admire. One is their writers, another is their comedic actors. Agatha Christie and Peter Sellers will live forever.

And their royals. My dearest friend in the world died not too long ago and she went through the blitz in London. She told me that I couldn't imagine how it made people feel to see the King and Queen out in the street the morning after the bombs fell.

And, I've always admired the obituaries they write for the veterans.

Now, we have this....

"Yesterday, however, on what would have been Sgt Davidson’s birthday, the family proudly attended a party at Buckingham Palace – hosted by Afghan veteran Harry and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge – for 800 children whose fathers had fallen in battle.And it’s clear from the heartwarming picture, top right, of Harry surprising Jayden, eight, and Jamie, six, by crouching for a face-to-face chat, just how much the Royal recognition meant.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4h0l4E1pK

I'm sure there were gallons of tears shed but it was a wonderful gesture.

Ummmmmm. Where did Patrick get the "England is a mess?" From, we are the 6th richest country in the world. Our music industry is the powerhouse of the western world, our actors and musicians get the most Oscars and other awards.... Every western country envies us and secretly wishes they were English.

Go on, tell me this isn't so?
    A gentleman never insults unintentionally.

Overall activity: 65.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for almost twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom-Cruise View Post
    Ummmmmm. Where did Patrick get the "England is a mess?" From, we are the 6th richest country in the world. Our music industry is the powerhouse of the western world, our actors and musicians get the most Oscars and other awards.... Every western country envies us and secretly wishes they were English.

Go on, tell me this isn't so?
    It isn't so. But, you already knew that. I acknowledged and praised some of your writers, your actors, especial comedic, and I praised the honor you show your veterans. Then there are Muslims running amok, rioters pampered, NHS and, well, you.

Are there any other fools who think every western country wishes they were England?
    Last edited by patrickt; 05-16-2017 at 08:19 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    It isn't so. But, you already knew that. I acknowledged and praised some of your writers, your actors, especial comedic, and I praised the honor you show your veterans. Then there are Muslims running amok, rioters pampered, NHS and, well, you.

Are there any other fools who think every western country wishes they were England?
    Ouch!

I Still Love Ted
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks
    England pleasantly surprised me with their Brexit result, and their women fawn over American men, so I kind of have a soft spot for them.

V.I.P. V.I.P

Thanks

No but I sure wish we had Real Ale served properly pumped from a keg in the basement at optimal temperature and served in those lovely pint glasses.
    Making America Like Mexico--The Democrat Party IS the American PRI

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mainecoons For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (05-19-2017),Tom-Cruise (05-20-2017)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoons View Post
    No but I sure wish we had Real Ale served properly pumped from a keg in the basement at optimal temperature and served in those lovely pint glasses.

Funnily enough I'm taking the Memsahib to a real ale pub in town later this afternoon, I've promised her a good time, when £40 runs out I will take her home.

IMG_0361.JPG

Thread Information